Pacidyl 2mg Tablet
By SYNOKEM PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pacidyl Tablet is a muscle-relaxing medicine. It contains Trihexyphenidyl (also called Benzhexol hydrochloride) as its active ingredient. It is used to treat Parkinson’s disease. It improves muscle movement and also reduces muscle stiffness in patients suffering from Parkinson’s disease. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. This medicine should be taken at mealtimes. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
|You Save||₹1.43 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Trihexyphenidyl / Benzhexol Hydrochloride(2.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, nausea, constipation, dry mouth|
Check more medicines with composition as Trihexyphenidyl / Benzhexol Hydrochloride(2.0 Mg)
Uses of Pacidyl 2 MG
Pacidyl Tablet is used for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
Contraindications of Pacidyl 2 MG
If you are allergic to Trihexyphenidyl or any other ingredients of Pacidyl Tablet.
Side effects of Pacidyl 2 MG
- A dry mouth
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Pacidyl 2 MG
Can I take Pacidyl Tablet during pregnancy?
Pacidyl Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited safety data available of the use of this medicine during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if it is considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Pacidyl Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Trihexyphenidyl passes into breast milk, hence you should not use Pacidyl Tablet while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pacidyl Tablet?
Pacidyl Tablet may blur your vision, make you dizzy and cause confusion at times, thus you should avoid driving while on treatment with this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Pacidyl Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Pacidyl Tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of drinking regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have glaucoma.
- You suffer from prostate problems.
- You have high blood pressure.
- You are suffering from any heart, liver or kidney problems.
- You have difficulty passing urine.
- You have a condition that causes muscle weakness.
- You have stomach ulcers or any other digestive problems.
- You are above 60 years of age.
- Pacidyl Tablet is not recommended for use in children and adolescents.
Mode of Action of Pacidyl 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Trihexyphenidyl in Pacidyl Tablet works by blocking the action of certain natural substances in the brain that regulates body movements, thus helps in reducing muscle stiffness and improving muscle movement....
Directions for Use of Pacidyl 2 MG
- Pacidyl Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken just before or after having your meal.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Pacidyl 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Pacidyl Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking painkillers, anti-allergic medicines, medicines used to treat your heart conditions, mental health and other medicines like amantadine used to treat Parkinson’s disease.
- Other medicines like levodopa, metoclopramide and domperidone should be used with caution along with Pacidyl Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Pacidyl Tablet should be taken just before or just after having your meal.
Storage and disposal of Pacidyl 2 MG
- Store Pacidyl Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Pacidyl 2 MG
- An excess of Pacidyl Tablet will lead to coma, respiratory failure and death.
- Symptoms of an overdose are dry skin or mouth, redness, nausea, vomiting, restlessness, confusion, hallucinations, high blood pressure or heart rate, rapid breathing and occasionally fits.
- Seek medical attention in case you experience any of the symptoms or have consumed too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of Pacidyl Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Pacidyl Tablet?
A: Pacidyl Tablet is used in treating Parkinson’s disease.
Q: How many Pacidyl Tablet can I take in a day?
A: The dose of Pacidyl Tablet varies from person to person. Your doctor will prescribe your dose after accessing your symptoms.
Q: Can I stop taking Pacidyl Tablet on my own?
A: No, you should not suddenly stop taking Pacidyl Tablet, even if your feeling well, as it may worsen your symptoms. If you feel any discomfort while on treatment, contact your doctor.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Pacidyl Tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Pacidyl Tablet may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
Q: How to take Pacidyl Tablet?
A: Take Pacidyl Tablet as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, just before or after having your meal. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Expires on or After