Oltas 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By TAS MED INDIA PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Oltas 40 MG Description
Oltas Tablet contains olmesartan medoxomil, an anti-hypertensive. It is used to treat high blood pressure. It should be taken as directed by your doctor. Take it in the dose and duration as prescribe
d. It may be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Avoid taking Oltas if you are allergic to it, are over 3-months pregnant, have any kidney diseases or are diabetic. Before starting this medicine, it is mandatory to inform your doctor about your past medical history and medicines that you take.
|You Save||₹14.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Olmesartan Medoxomil(40.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, stomach pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Olmesartan Medoxomil(40.0 Mg)
22 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Oltas 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Olmixtro 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 140.00₹ 98.00₹ 9.8/Tablet
- Olmesmart 40mg Tablets 10'sBy Helios Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 217.80₹ 141.57₹ 14.16/Tablet
- Olstan 40mg TabletBy Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 192.70₹ 134.89₹ 13.49/Tablet
- Olmo 40mg TabletBy Knoll Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 163.00₹ 114.10₹ 11.41/Tablet
- Omnipres 40mg TabletBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 135.00₹ 87.75₹ 8.78/Tablet
- Pinom 40mg TabletBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 349.50₹ 297.07₹ 19.8/Tablet
- Olvas 40mg TabletBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 141.20₹ 120.02₹ 12/Tablet
- Omen 40mg TabletBy Medley Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 215.00₹ 187.05₹ 18.71/Tablet
- Olmighty 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Merck Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 99.44₹ 84.52₹ 8.45/Tablet
- Olmat 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Micro Labs15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 294.00₹ 249.90₹ 16.66/Tablet
Uses of Oltas 40 MG
Oltas Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Oltas 40 MG
- If you are allergic to Olmesartan medoxomil or any other ingredients of Oltas Tablet
- If you are pregnant for over 3-months
- If you are suffering from jaundice
- If you have diabetes
- If you have problems with your gallbladder
- If you have any kidney disease
- If you are using any medicine containing aliskiren
Side effects of Oltas 40 MG
- Stomach pain
- Body pain, chest pain
- Flu-like symptoms
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Blood in the urine
Precautions and Warnings of Oltas 40 MG
Can I take Oltas Tablet during pregnancy?
Oltas may cause harmful effects in the unborn baby and it should be avoided. Consult your doctor before using any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Oltas Tablet while breastfeeding?
Oltas is not recommended during breastfeeding, as it is unknown if it passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before using any medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Oltas Tablet?
Oltas may make you dizzy. You need to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Oltas Tablet?
It is unsafe for you to consume alcohol while on treatment with Oltas Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from any heart diseases
- You have problems with your kidney or liver
- You have diarrhoea, vomiting
- You are on treatment with high doses of water tablets (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide)
- You are on a low-salt diet
- Your doctor has told you that you have high blood potassium levels
- You have problems with your adrenal glands
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure like Ramipril, Lisinopril, Aliskiren, etc
- Oltas Tablet is not recommended for children below the age of 6 years
Mode of Action of Oltas 40 MG
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten, thus relaxing blood vessels and allowing the blood to flow easily.
Directions for Use of Oltas 40 MG
Take this tablet as directed by the physician. Swallow it whole with a glass of water or milk. It can be taken with or without food. Do not break, crush or chew the medicine. It is essential to take it regularly and at a fixed time. Do not exceed that dose more than that recommended....
Interactions of Oltas 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Before starting Oltas Tablet, inform your doctor about all the medicines you take, including herbal, vitamins & mineral supplements.
- This medicine, when taken with other antihypertensive medications like benazepril, captopril, lisinopril, may alter its effects.
- Concomitant use along with medicine used in heart diseases and high blood pressure like perindopril, candesartan, aliskiren may increase the risk of side effects with Oltas.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with potassium supplements, medications like amiloride, spironolactone is not recommended, as it may lead to increased potassium levels in the blood.
- Medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen, etc may lead to kidney failure when taken together with this medicine.
- Lithium should not be taken simultaneously with this medicine.
- This medicine should be taken at least 4 hours before Colesevelam (used to reduce cholesterol and fatty substances in the blood).
Interactions with food items
Oltas Tablet can be taken either before or after your meals.
Storage and disposal of Oltas 40 MG
Oltas Tablet should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat. Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Oltas 40 MG
- Overdose of this medicine may lead to low blood pressure (symptoms include dizziness, nausea, unconsciousness, blurred vision, etc). Seek urgent medical help if you experience any such symptom or feel that you have taken too much of Oltas Tablet....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Oltas used for?
A: Oltas Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure.
Q: What lifestyle changes should I make to control high blood pressure?
- You should plan your diet, consume a balanced diet which has proteins, whole grain fibrous fruits and vegetables
- Limit carbohydrate, salt and sugar intake
- Exercise regularly and reduce weight
- Avoid smoking or drinking
- Consult your doctor before starting any diet or food habits
Q: What does Oltas Tablet contain?
A: Oltas Tablet is an antihypertensive medicine containing Olmesartan medoxomil as its active ingredient.
Q: Should Oltas Tablet be taken with or without food?
A: Oltas Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. It can be taken with or without food.
Q: How does Oltas work?
A: Oltas works by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten, thus relaxing blood vessels and allowing the blood to flow easily.
Q: Is Oltas a blood thinner?
A: No, it is not a blood thinner. Oltas works by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten, thus relaxing blood vessels and allowing the blood to flow easily.
Q: What are the side effects of Oltas?
A: Headache, dizziness, nausea, stomach pain and diarrhoea are a few side effects of Oltas. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on your own.
- Olmesartan Tablets- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Olmesartan Tablets- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed