Olmetus 20mg Tablets
Olmetus 20mg Tablets Description
Olmetus 20mg Tab contains olmesartan medoxomil, an anti-hypertensive. It is used to treat high blood pressure. It should be taken as directed by your doctor. Take it in the dose and duration as pres
cribed. It may be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Avoid taking Olmetus 20mg Tab if you are allergic to it, are over 3-months pregnant, have any kidney diseases or are diabetic. Before starting this medicine, it is mandatory to inform your doctor about your past medical history and medicines that you take.
Uses of Olmetus 20mg Tablets
Contraindications of Olmetus 20mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to Olmesartan medoxomil or any other ingredients of Olmetus 20mg Tab
- If you are pregnant for over 3-months
- If you are suffering from jaundice
- If you have diabetes
- If you have problems with your gallbladder
- If you have any kidney disease
- If you are using any medicine containing aliskiren
Side effects of Olmetus 20mg Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Body pain, chest pain
- Flu-like symptoms
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Blood in the urine
Precautions and Warnings of Olmetus 20mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from any heart diseases
- You have problems with your kidney or liver
- You have diarrhoea, vomiting
- You are on treatment with high doses of water tablets (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide)
- You are on a low-salt diet
- Your doctor has told you that you have high blood potassium levels
- You have problems with your adrenal glands
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure like Ramipril, Lisinopril, Aliskiren, etc
- Olmetus 20mg Tab is not recommended for children below the age of 6 years
Mode of Action of Olmetus 20mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Olmetus 20mg Tablets
Interactions of Olmetus 20mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Before starting Olmetus 20mg Tab , inform your doctor about all the medicines you take, including herbal, vitamins & mineral supplements.
- This medicine, when taken with other antihypertensive medications like benazepril, captopril, lisinopril, may alter its effects.
- Concomitant use along with medicine used in heart diseases and high blood pressure like perindopril, candesartan, aliskiren may increase the risk of side effects with Olmetus 20mg Tab.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with potassium supplements, medications like amiloride, spironolactone is not recommended, as it may lead to increased potassium levels in the blood.
- Medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen, etc may lead to kidney failure when taken together with this medicine.
- Lithium should not be taken simultaneously with this medicine.
- This medicine should be taken at least 4 hours before Colesevelam (used to reduce cholesterol and fatty substances in the blood).
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Olmetus 20mg Tablets
Dosage of Olmetus 20mg Tablets
- Overdose of this medicine may lead to low blood pressure (symptoms include dizziness, nausea, unconsciousness, blurred vision, etc). Seek urgent medical help if you experience any such symptom or feel that you have taken too much of Olmetus 20mg Tab ....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Olmetus 20mg Tab used for?
Q: What lifestyle changes should I make to control high blood pressure?
- You should plan your diet, consume a balanced diet which has proteins, whole grain fibrous fruits and vegetables
- Limit carbohydrate, salt and sugar intake
- Exercise regularly and reduce weight
- Avoid smoking or drinking
- Consult your doctor before starting any diet or food habits
Q: What does Olmetus 20mg Tab contain?
Q: Should Olmetus 20mg Tab be taken with or without food?
Q: How does Olmetus 20mg Tab work?
Q: Is Olmetus 20mg Tab a blood thinner?
Q: What are the side effects of Olmetus 20mg Tab?
- Olmesartan Tablets- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Olmesartan Tablets- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]