Olmeglare H 20mg Tablet
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Olmeglare H Tablet contains a combination of two active ingredients - olmesartan and hydrochlorothiazide. This tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. Olmesar H lowers blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels. It also helps the body to get rid of extra fluid by producing more urine. This combined action lowers the blood pressure in individuals with high blood pressure. However, this should be accompanied by changes in lifestyle that will help lower your blood pressure (losing weight, giving up smoking, reducing the amount of alcohol you drink, reducing the amount of salt in your diet, and regular exercise like walking). Follow your doctors instructions and take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by the doctor....
|You Save||₹14.89 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg),Olmesartan Medoxomil(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Headache, weakness, dizziness, chest pain, swelling of the legs, ankles, and hands|
Check more medicines with composition as Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg) + Olmesartan Medoxomil(20.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Olmeglare H 20mg Tablet
Uses of Olmeglare H 20mg Tablet
Olmeglare H Tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension (high blood pressure).
Contraindications of Olmeglare H 20mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to olmesartan, hydrochlorothiazide, or any other ingredient of Olmeglare H Tablet.
- If you are allergic to other sulfonamide-derived medicines like sulfamethoxazole, sulfisoxazole. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
- If you have any kind of kidney or liver disease (yellowing of the skin and eyes, problems with drainge of the bile from the gallbladder).
- If you are more than 3 months pregnant.
- If you have diabetes, low potassium levels, low sodium levels, high calcium levels, or high uric acid levels in your body.
Side effects of Olmeglare H 20mg Tablet
- Chest pain
- Swelling of the legs, ankles, and hands
Precautions and Warnings of Olmeglare H 20mg Tablet
Can I take Olmeglare H Tablet during pregnancy?
Limited information is available on the safety of Olmeglare H Tablets during pregnancy. As a precautionary measure, the use of this Tablet is not recommended during pregnancy. If you become pregnant during this medicine or are planning on becoming pregnant, please take advice from your doctor.
Can I take Olmeglare H Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available about the effect of the Olmeglare H Tablet on human breastmilk. Therefore, to avoid any risks to the suckling baby, do not use this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Olmeglare H Tablet?
Olmeglare H Tablet may affect your ability to drive. If you experience dizziness or tiredness which may affect your ability to drive safely, it is suggested that you do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Olmeglare H Tablet?
- The consumption of alcohol with Olmeglare H Tablet is not recommended because of the risk of development of orthodynamic hypotension (low blood pressure that occurs when you stand up from a sitting or lying down position). ...
- You may experience dizziness after standing up, blurred vision, weakness, nausea, confusion, and fainting. Thus, the use of alcohol while taking the Olmeglare H Tablet is to be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking medicines called aliskiren or ACE-inhibitors (enalapril, lisinopril, ramipril), especially for diabetes-related kidney problems.
- You have liver, kidney problems or if you have had a recent kidney transplant
- .You have heart failure or problems with your heart valves or heart muscles.
- You are taking high doses of a medicine called diuretics or if you are on a low salt diet.
- You have problems with your adrenal glands (primary aldosteronism), diabetes, asthma, allergies, or an autoimmune disease called lupus erythematosus.
- You have had skin cancer or if you develop an unexpected skin lesion during the treatment.
- You experienced breathing or lung problems (including inflammation or fluid in the lungs)
- after taking hydrochlorothiazide in the past.
- You develop diarrhoea that is severe, continues for a long time, and causes weight loss.
- You notice a decrease in vision or eye pain.
- You develop symptoms like thirst, dryness of the mouth, muscle pain or cramps, low blood pressure, feeling weak, sluggish, tired, sleepy or restless, nausea, vomiting, less need to pass urine.
- You are due to have tests for parathyroid function.
- You are pregnant, you plan on becoming pregnant soon, or become pregnant during the course of the medicine.
Mode of Action of Olmeglare H 20mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Olmesar H contains two active substances that help to lower the blood pressure in individuals with high blood pressure - olmesartan and hydrochlorothiazide.
- Olmesartan works by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten. The tightening of the blood vessels restricts proper blood flow and causes the blood pressure to increase. When this substance is blocked, the blood vessels relax and blood flow occurs easily. As a result, the blood pressure is lowered. ...
- Hydrochlorothiazide helps the body to get rid of extra fluid by making your kidneys produce more urine. This leads to a reduction in the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Olmeglare H 20mg Tablet
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Olmeglare H 20mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Olmeglare H Tablet works, or Olmesar H itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Olmeglare H Tablet should not be used along with medicines containing lithium, ACE-inhibitors (captopril, enalapril, lisinopril, benazepril, fosinopril), angiotensin II receptor blockers (azilsartan, fimasartan), aliskiren, medicines affecting potassium levels (potassium-sparing diuretics like spironolactone, potassium supplements, salt substitutes containing potassium, other medicinal products that may increase potassium levels like heparin), and bile acid sequestering agent colesevelam....
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, abnormal heart rhythm, abnormal cholesterol levels, skeletal muscle relaxants, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder...
Storage and disposal of Olmeglare H 20mg Tablet
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Olmeglare H 20mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose of Olmeglare H Tablet include dehydration, altered electrolyte levels, decreased heart rate, decreased blood pressure, etc. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your dose of medicines. However, if you missed any dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is essential hypertension (high blood pressure) and what are its causes?
A: Essential hypertension is high blood pressure that does not have a medical cause but rather occurs due to family heredity, excessive weight, unhealthy diet, or stress.
Q: How often should I take Olmeglare H Tablets?
A: Olmeglare H Tablet should be taken at the same dose and same frequency exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Your doctor will advise you on how long you should continue to take this medicine. Do not stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor.
Q: What food and drinks should I avoid if I am taking medicines for high blood pressure?
A: You should avoid salty foods, sugary foods, sugary drinks, alcohol, saturated fats, condiments, processed and pre-packaged foods, and caffeine.
Q: What are the side effects that can occur with the use of Olmeglare H Tablet?
A: You may experience side effects of Olmeglare H Tablet such as headache, weakness, dizziness, chest pain, or swelling of the legs, ankles, and hands. These side effects are usually mild and will go away in some time. However, if the symptoms do not go away, please visit your doctor.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Olmetec Plus 20 mg/12.5 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022].
- Olmetec Plus 20 mg/12.5 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022].
- OLMECIP H Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022].
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.