Ofal 400mg Tab
By HI-TEC LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ofal Tablet is an antibiotic used in certain bacterial infections such as infection of lungs, airways, throat, skin, soft tissues and urinary tract. It contains ofloxacin. It is not to be used in viral infections like flu, cold etc. Take the medicine as prescribed and for the exact duration. Not completing the course of antibiotics or the missing dose of antibiotics can fail therapy. You should also tell the doctor about the medicines, herbs, supplements you take and the conditions or diseases you are suffering from, before starting the medicine....
|You Save||₹21.42 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, sleeping disorder, dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Ofloxacin(400.0 Mg)
4 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Ofal 400mg Tab
Uses of Ofal 400 MG
Ofal Tablet is used in the treatment of bacterial infection of lungs, airways, throat, skin, soft tissues and urinary tract.
Contraindications of Ofal 400 MG
If you are allergic to ofloxacin or other medicines from fluoroquinolone class of medicines and other ingredients of Ofal Tablet.
Side effects of Ofal 400 MG
- Stomach pain
- Sleeping disorder
- Itchy skin
Precautions and Warnings of Ofal 400 MG
Can I take Ofal Tablet during pregnancy?
Due to limited information available on its safety, it is not recommended in pregnancy.
Can I take Ofal Tablet while breastfeeding?
Ofal Tablet can pass into human breast milk and harm the baby. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking the medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ofal Tablet?
You may experience sleepiness, dizziness and visual disturbances when you are taking the medicine. Avoid driving or using tools or machines while taking the medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Ofal Tablet?
You should not drink alcohol while taking the medicine, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience pain, swelling or weakness of joints, tendons, muscle weakness, joint pain, nerve-related problems, confusion, lack of sleep, anxiety etc. during the treatment.
- You may experience allergic reaction like swollen throat, face, rash, fever, breathing difficulty, other infection after taking Ofal Tablet.
- If the age is more than 60 years, then the chances of tendon disorders are high.
- You may experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking the medicine.
- You may have a pre-existing medical condition like kidney or liver-related problems, diabetes, or kind of heart problems like abnormal heart rhythm etc.
- You are going out in the sun, cover your skin properly and apply sunscreen during the treatment.
- You may suffer from diabetes, you need to be careful as a drop in blood glucose may occur, watch for headache, weakness, tremors, sweating.
- It is advised to keep yourself well hydrated during the treatment.
- Keep a regular check on liver or kidney function during prolonged treatment.
Mode of Action of Ofal 400 MG
How Does It Work?
The medicine inhibits bacterial DNA, thereby restricting the growth and eventually killing the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Ofal 400 MG
- Take the medicine as advised by the doctor.
- Swallow as a whole with a glass of water.
Interactions of Ofal 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines interfere with the action of Ofal Tablet, if taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicine you are taking, all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment for other disorder.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for gout or arthritis, antacids, painkillers, immunosuppressants like cyclosporin, medicines for breathing-related problems like theophylline, antidiabetic medicines, etc....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are oral anticoagulants like warfarin, painkillers like ibuprofen, medicines for heart-related disorders like quinidine, etc.
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain iron, aluminium, magnesium or sucralfate used to reduce stomach acid must be taken with a minimum gap of one hour with the medicine.
Storage and disposal of Ofal 400 MG
- Store Ofal Tablet at room temperature.
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight.
- Keep it away from pets and children.
Dosage of Ofal 400 MG
If you have taken too much of the medicine than prescribed, then it may cause drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, hot and cold flushes etc. Contact the doctor immediately or rush to the nearest hospital in case of an overdose and you may experience such symptoms....
Missed a Dose
If you missed taking a dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dosing schedule. Avoid a double dose of medicine for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Ofal Tablet?
- You need to complete the full course of Ofal Tablet, as per the doctor's prescribed duration.
- You may feel fine after a few doses but it is important to complete the course.
- If you stop it, there may be chances of infection reoccurring or not responding to the antibiotic in the future.
Q: Any specific caution is needed when taking Ofal Tablet?
A: When on treatment with Ofal Tablet, be careful and do not expose yourself to the sunrays. It results in sunburns and rashes. Ensure even after stopping the treatment, you are not exposed too much to the sun for the next 48 hours.
Q: What is the dosage of Ofal Tablet?
A: Ofal Tablet should be taken only after consulting the doctor. You should take the medicine in doses, frequency and duration as per the doctor’s advice.
Q: Is Ofal Tablet habit forming?
A: No, habit-forming tendencies have not been reported with Ofal Tablet.
Expires on or After