Ocutob D Eye Drops 5ml
By CENTAUR PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
5ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ocutob D Eye Drops 5ml Description
Ocutob D Eye Drop contain a combination of two medicines, tobramycin which is an antibiotic and dexamethasone which is a steroid. Together these medicines offer relief in post-operative conditions of
the eye by reducing the discomfort and preventing any infection.
|Contains||Dexamethasone + Tobramycin|
|Uses||Post-operative care of the eyes (cataract)|
|Side effects||Burning, irritation, discomfort in the eyes|
|Therapy||OCCULAR ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Check more medicines with composition as Dexamethasone + Tobramycin
Uses of Ocutob D Eye Drops 5ml
For the post-operative care of the eyes (cataract).
Contraindications of Ocutob D Eye Drops 5ml
If you are allergic to Tobramycin or Dexamethasone. If you are suffering from any viral infection involving the eyes (herpes infection, HIV, varicella zooster). If you are suffering from tuberculosis or leprosy. If you have a fungal infection of the eyes. If you experience pus or thick discharge from the eyes....
Side effects of Ocutob D Eye Drops 5ml
- Discomfort in the eyes just after instilling the drops.
- Burning, irritation.
- Blurred vision for a short while just after instilling the eye drops.
Precautions and Warnings of Ocutob D Eye Drops 5ml
Can I use Ocutob D Eye Drop during pregnancy?
It is not recommended to use Ocutob D Eye Drop during pregnancy. Consult your doctor and ask for safer alternatives.
Can I use Ocutob D Eye Drop while breastfeeding?
There is limited information related to the safe usage of this medicine in breastfeeding mothers. Hence, it is advised to avoid this medicine if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have used Ocutob D Eye Drop?
You may experience blurred vision for a short period of time just after instilling Ocutob D Eye Drop. You can drive after your vision is clear.
Can I consume alcohol with Ocutob D Eye Drop?
Alcohol is not known to interact with this medicine. However, if you consume alcohol too often discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You notice worsening of your problem after using Ocutob D Eye Drop.
- Your complete medical history and ongoing medicines.
- You have ulcers in the eye or thinning of the lining of your eyes.
- You have raised pressure in the eyes.
- You wear contact lenses.
- You are suffering from muscle weakness or diseases like myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease.
- You have a viral or fungal infection of the eyes.
- You are taking any oral antibiotics or steroid medicines.
- You are diabetic.
- You notice any pus discharge from your eyes.
- You are using this eye drop for a long duration of time.
- You are using this eye drop for children below 6 years of age.
Mode of Action of Ocutob D Eye Drops 5ml
How Does It Work?
Ocutob D Eye Drop are composed of Tobramycin (antibiotic) and Dexamethasone (steroid) as the active ingredients. Tobramycin prevents and controls any bacterial infection in your eyes while dexamethasone reduces discomfort by relieving the symptoms like redness, swelling, pain and irritation which may happen after an eye operation....
Directions for Use of Ocutob D Eye Drops 5ml
- Use Ocutob D Eye Drop as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
Interactions of Ocutob D Eye Drops 5ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Ocutob D Eye Drop is to be used externally on the eyes, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
- Compromised healing effects are seen when this medicine is used with some pain and swelling relieving eye drops (NSAID's).
Storage and disposal of Ocutob D Eye Drops 5ml
- Store it at a temperature below 25ºC, in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicines.
Dosage of Ocutob D Eye Drops 5ml
- As Ocutob D Eye Drop is meant for external application, cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of it wash/wipe out the excess medicine with a tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed instilling Ocutob D Eye Drop, instil it as soon as possible. Do not overuse this medicine just to compensate for the missed application.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Ocutob D Eye Drop cause blindness?
A: Ocutob D Eye Drop will not cause blindness if it is used on a doctor's advice and in the proper way. However, if it is used for a wrong condition of the eye which has not been advised by your doctor, it may lead to blindness.
Q: Can I use Ocutob D Eye Drop while wearing my contact lenses?
A: Do not use this medicine while you are wearing contact lenses. You may be asked to discontinue the use of lenses for few days after an eye operation. If your doctor has allowed you to use lenses, remove contact lenses prior to the instillation of Ocutob D Eye Drop and wait at least 15 minutes or more before reinsertion. A component of this eye drop (Benzalkonium chloride) is known to discolour soft contact lenses.
Q: Can I use Ocutob D Eye Drop for an ear infection?
A: No, Ocutob D Eye Drop are meant to be used as an eye drop. Please consult your doctor for the problem in your ears.
Q: I have been prescribed 3 eye drops by my doctor. Can I use them all together?
A: If you have been prescribed multiple eye drops or ointments, make sure you give a gap of 15 to 20 minutes between the application/instillation of each.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed