Ocunepa Eye Drops
Ocunepa 0.1 % Description
Ocunepa Eye Drop contains nepafenac as its active ingredient. It is used to treat pain and inflammation (swelling, redness) due to cataract surgery. You need to use this medicine as advised by the do
ctor. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to it. Avoid wearing contact lenses & being in the sunlight for a too long while on treatment. Before using this medicine, please discuss it with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions.
- Nevanac Eye DropsBy Alcon Laboratories Inc5ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 351.50₹ 298.77₹ 59.75/Ml
- Nepastar Eye Drops 5mlBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd5ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 181.50₹ 154.27₹ 30.85/Ml
- Xinep Eye Drops 5mlBy Sunways (india) Pvt Ltd5ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 183.00₹ 155.55₹ 31.11/Ml
- Nepatop Clear Eye Drop 5 MlBy Entod Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd5ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 236.00₹ 236.00₹ 47.2/Ml
- Nepapix 0.1% Eye Drops 5mlBy Fdc Limited5ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 218.00₹ 218.00₹ 43.6/Ml
- Nepacure 0.1% Eye DropsBy Jawa Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd5ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 202.14₹ 202.14₹ 40.43/Ml
Uses of Ocunepa 0.1 %
Contraindications of Ocunepa 0.1 %
- If you are allergic to nepafenac or any other ingredients of Ocunepa Eye Drop.
- If you are allergic to any other NSAIDs (painkiller medicines) like aspirin, ibuprofen, ketoprofen, diclofenac, etc.
- If you have developed asthma, skin allergy, etc after using other NSAID medicines (painkillers).
Side effects of Ocunepa 0.1 %
- Itching of the eyes
- Blurred vision
- Irritation in the eyes
- Eye discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Ocunepa 0.1 %
Other General Warnings
- You have any other eye problems.
- You have diabetes.
- You have rheumatoid arthritis.
- You had eye surgery.
- You have bleeding problems, or you bruise easily.
- You need to avoid wearing contact lenses after cataract surgery.
- You need to avoid sunlight while on treatment with this medicine.
- You experience irritation, pain, redness of the eye and changes in vision occur or your condition worsens after using this medicine. Then you may need to discontinue the treatment.
- Ocunepa Eye Drop is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years.
Mode of Action of Ocunepa 0.1 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ocunepa 0.1 %
- Use Ocunepa Eye Drop as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow the directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and keep it clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
- If you are prescribed any other eye drops, you need to keep an interval of at least 5 minutes between both the drops.
Interactions of Ocunepa 0.1 %
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Ocunepa Eye Drop.
- Use of this medicine along with medicines such as Latanoprost, Travoprost is not recommended.
- This medicine, when used along with blood thinners like warfarin, aspirin may increase the risk of bleeding.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with topical NSAIDs like diclofenac and steroids like hydrocortisone, mometasone should be used with caution.
- If you use another eye drop product concomitantly with this medicine, keep a minimum gap of 15 minutes between the application of both the medicines.
Storage and disposal of Ocunepa 0.1 %
- Store Ocunepa Eye Drop below 30°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use the eye drops once the expiry date has passed and discard it properly.
- You need to discard the medicine 4 weeks from first opening it.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
Dosage of Ocunepa 0.1 %
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Ocunepa Eye Drop be used with contact lenses?
Q: Can I use Ocunepa Eye Drop frequently?
Q: What is the use of Ocunepa Eye Drop?
Q: How long can I use the Ocunepa Eye Drop?
Q: Can I use the Ocunepa for dry eyes?
Q: What are the side effects of Ocunepa Eye Drop?
- Nevanac 1mg/ml eye drops, suspension - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Nevanac 1mg/ml eye drops, suspension - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 10 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 10 May 2022]