Novastat Tg 10 Strip Of 15 Tablets
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Novastat Tg Tablet is a combination medicine that is used essentially to reduce the increased levels of fats in the body such as cholesterol and triglycerides. It contains Rosuvastatin and fenofibrate as their active components. They act together and help in the elimination of bad cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides. They help to increase the concentration of good cholesterol (HDL). This reduces the risk of built up of plaque in the blood vessels eventually reducing the risk of heart attack and stroke. This medicine is not recommended in patients with severe kidney or liver diseases. It should also not be used in children and should be used carefully in the elderly. It may cause muscle breakdown and rhabdomyolysis in some patients, a condition which can be fatal which may have symptoms such as severe tiredness and weakness, particularly in the elderly with muscle disorders.
Uses of Novastat Tg 10 Strip Of 15 Tablets
To treat high levels of cholesterol and triglycerides (combined hyperlipidaemia) in patients who have normal kidney and liver function.
Contraindications of Novastat Tg 10 Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Rosuvastatin and/or Fenofibrate.
- If you are suffering from severe liver disease, increased liver enzymes.
- If you are suffering from severe kidney diseases.
- If you have repeated or unexplained muscle aches or pains.
- If you take a drug called ciclosporin (used after organ transplants).
- If you have gall bladder disease.
- If you have an inflammation of the pancreas.
Side effects of Novastat Tg 10 Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Nausea and Dizziness
- Muscle pain
- Tiredness and Weakness
- Burning sensation in the stomach
- Changes in liver enzyme levels
- Increased levels of proteins in the urine Yellowing of the skin accompanied by itching (it can indicate liver damage)read less
- Severe itching of the skin (with raised lumps)
Precautions and Warnings of Novastat Tg 10 Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Novastat Tg Tablet during pregnancy?
Novastat Tg Tablet should not be used during pregnancy, as the medicine may cause certain undesirable effects in the developing baby. It is recommended to consult your doctor if you are pregnant or are planning to get pregnant.
Can I take Novastat Tg Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is no sufficient data available about the safety of the use of this medicine in breastfeeding women, thus it is not recommended to use this medicine during breastfeeding to avoid undesired effects in the newborn.
Can I drive if I have consumed Novastat Tg Tablet?
This medicine may make you feel dizzy and nauseatic, which may impair your ability to drive and operate complex machinery. It is thus recommended not to drive when you have taken this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Novastat Tg Tablet?
It is not recommended to drink alcohol while you are taking Novastat Tg Tablet as it may worsen the side effects of the medicine (increased risk of liver and kidney injuries).
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant, breastfeeding or are planning to get pregnant.
- You are allergic to rosuvastatin and/or fenofibrate.
- You are suffering from kidney disorders.
- You are suffering from liver disorders.
- You are suffering from diabetes mellitus, as this medicine may increase blood sugar levels.
- You are suffering from or have ever suffered from gall bladder stones (cholelithiasis) or any gall bladder disease (as this medicine increases the risk of the formation of gall bladder stones).
- You have or ever had or are experiencing unexplained muscle aches or pains and/or have a family history of muscle disorder.
- You have a thyroid disorder.
- You are on medicines used to lower cholesterol (statins or other medicine of class statins).
- You have severe respiratory diseases.
- You are addicted to alcohol.
- You are above 70 years of age.
- It is recommended that you have your liver functioning tests and kidney functioning test done at regular intervals.
Mode of Action of Novastat Tg 10 Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
This medicine contains rosuvastatin and fenofibrate. Rosuvastatin works mainly in the liver by inhibiting the action of an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase which is vital in the process of production of cholesterol. It also facilitates the uptake of 'bad cholesterol (LDL cholesterol)'. Fenofibrate belongs to the class of medicines known as fibrates, which works by decreasing the bad cholesterol (LDL cholesterol) and triglycerides by enhancing the natural lipid breakdown process (lipolysis) and increasing the concentration of good cholesterol (HDL cholesterol).
Directions for Use of Novastat Tg 10 Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take this tablet as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow this tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
Interactions of Novastat Tg 10 Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Using Novastat Tg Tablet increases the risk of bleeding when used along with blood thinners like warfarin.
- Concomitant use of Novastat Tg Tablet along with medicines that reduce the activity of the immune system (ciclosporin) may lead to kidney damage.
- When Novastat Tg Tablet is taken along with medicines used to lower cholesterol (statins, gemfibrozil, fenofibrate, etc.) there is an increased chance of the development of muscle disorder.
- Oestrogen containing oral contraceptives may interfere with the working fenofibrate, the active ingredient in the Rozavel f 10 mg, hence the use of oral contraceptives should be done with caution along with the Rozavel f 10 mg.read less
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat bacterial infections (fusidic acid) should be avoided as there is an increased risk of the development of muscle disorders.
- When medicines used to neutralise stomach acid (antacids) are taken along with Novastat Tg Tablet they tend to decrease the concentration of rosuvastatin (the active ingredient in the Rozavel f 10 mg) in the blood which may affect the efficacy of the medicine.read less
- Antiviral medicines like ritonavir are said to delay the elimination of rosuvastatin from the system, increasing its exposure to the system, concomitant use should be done carefully.
Dosage of Novastat Tg 10 Strip Of 15 Tablets
If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately. Following may be the symptoms of muscle pain, muscle cramps and muscle weakness (it can indicate kidney damage). Yellowing of the skin accompanied by itching (it can indicate liver damage). Allergic reactions like difficulty in breathing, with or without swelling of the face, lips, tongue and/or throat. Swelling of the face, lips, tongue and/or throat, which may cause difficulty in swallowing. Severe itching of the skin (with raised lumps).
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine then take it as soon as you remember. If it is already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Novastat Tg Tablet cause weight gain?
A: Novastat Tg Tablet is not known to cause weight gain. Some studies suggest that some patients might lose weight while taking this medicine. It is recommended that you should consult your doctor before using it.
Q: Will Novastat Tg Tablet make me feel sleepy?
A: No Novastat Tg Tablet does not make you sleepy. But every individual may have a varied physiological response to the medicine depending upon his/her medical condition, hence it is recommended that you should consult your doctor before its use.
Q: Is Novastat Tg Tablet a blood thinner?
A: No, it is a combination of two cholesterol-lowering medicines rosuvastatin and fenofibrate that belong to the 'statins' and 'fibrates' which work by decreasing the levels of disease-causing bad (LDL) cholesterol and triglycerides and increasing the level of good (HDL) cholesterol. This reduces the risk of fatal conditions like a heart attack and stroke
Q: I am diabetic, can I take Novastat Tg Tablet?
A: Novastat Tg Tablet should be used with caution in diabetics as this medicine can raise your blood sugar levels. Hence, regular monitoring is essential in patients with diabetes taking Novastat Tg Tablet.
Q: Does Novastat Tg Tablet increase the risk of gall stones?
A: Fenofibrate, the active ingredient in Novastat Tg Tablet is said to increase the risk of gall stone formation. Thus, this medicine must be used with caution with those with a history of gall stones and/or gall bladder disease.
- Rosuvastatin+Fenofibrate. CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 9 April 2021]
- Rosuvastatin 10 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 April 2021]
- Fenofibrate 160mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 April 2021]
- Rosuvastatin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 9 April 2021]
- Fenofibrate [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 9 April 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 16 Apr 2021 | 10:44 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved