Nicip Plus Tablet
By CIPLA GX
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
5 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nicip tablet is a combination of two medicines. It contains a combination of Nimesulide and Paracetamol. It is a pain-relieving medicine used for painful conditions such as headache, fever, period pain, dental, joint and ear pain. This medicine should not be given to children below 12 years of age, patients with a liver problem, during the third trimester of pregnancy and women who are trying to conceive. A minimum dose for the shortest duration of this medicine is used to avoid any possible side effects.
Uses of Nicip Plus Tablet
- Ear pain
- Joint pain
- Menstrual pain
Contraindications of Nicip Plus Tablet
- Known allergy to Paracetamol, Nimesulide, other pain-relieving medicines or any ingredients of Nicip Plus tablet.
- If you have a history of liver damage induced by similar medicines or medicine containing Nimesulide.
- If you have existing or history of stomach bleeding, ulcer and inflammation of stomach lining or in any part of the gut.
- If you have blood clotting and bleeding disorders.
- If your liver or kidneys are not functioning properly.
- If you have heart failure or any heart-related condition.
- If you consume alcohol too often or have a habit of substance abuse.
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or trying to conceive.
Side effects of Nicip Plus Tablet
- Loose stools
- Redness of skin
- Increased liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Nicip Plus Tablet
Can I take Nicip Plus tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be used during pregnancy. Also, do not take this medicine if you are trying to conceive or taking any fertility treatment. This medicine can affect your fertility. If taken during pregnancy, it can damage the heart or kidney of the foetus or delay your delivery.
Can I take Nicip Plus tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to use this medicine if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nicip Plus tablet?
You may experience drowsiness and sleepiness after taking this medicine. Thus, it is advised not to drive if you experience such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Nicip Plus tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment, as it may worsen your liver problems. If you are regularly drinking, then do not take this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience loss of appetite, nausea, stomach pain and weakness. These could be signs of serious liver damage.
- You develop black tarry stools or vomit blood, immediately stop the medicine.
- You are an elderly, chances of side effects increases.
- You are suffering from any liver or kidney or heart disease.
- You have a history of stomach or intestine ulcers.
- You are expected to go through any upcoming surgery.
- Taking this medicine for long is not advised, as it can increase the risk of heart disease or stomach bleeds.
Mode of Action of Nicip Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Nicip Plus works by the combined action of its two components. These two components work by interfering the formation of some chemicals in the body called Prostaglandins. Prostaglandin is an inflammatory mediator produced in the body naturally and cause pain, swelling and fever. Nicip Plus reduces the production of this chemical and relieves pain, swelling and fever.read less
- Paracetamol present in this medicine also acts on the area of the brain which is responsible for controlling temperature. Thus, it helps in controlling the fever.
Directions for Use of Nicip Plus Tablet
Nicip Plus should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. It should be preferably taken after food to avoid stomach related discomforts. It is advised to take this medicine for a short duration of time to avoid side effects.
Interactions of Nicip Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- As this medicine contains Paracetamol & Nimesulide, any interactions seen with these two when taken alone may occur with this combination.
- Taking Nicip plus with steroids can increase the risk of getting stomach bleeding and ulcers.
- Nicip Plus may interfere with the action of blood thinners like Warfarin and increase the risk of bleeding.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with vomiting medicines like Domperidone and Metoclopramide is not recommended.
- Nicip Plus should be used cautiously with water pills, certain medicines acting on the brain like Lithium, Phenytoin and Phenobarbital, anticancer medicines such as Methotrexate, immunomodulators such as Cyclosporin and medicines used to treat gout-like probenecid.read less
- Tell your doctor about any other medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are currently taking or might take to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Nicip Plus Tablet
Storage and disposal
- Store it in a cool and dry place and protected from moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of the children.
Dosage of Nicip Plus Tablet
Symptoms of an overdose of Nicip may include nausea, vomiting, stomach discomforts, stomach bleed, skin rash, fever and chills. In case you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. Overdose of this medicine may result in serious liver damage.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Nicip Plus be used for a headache?
A: Yes, it can be used for relieving headache. However, if you get a headache too often, then do not rely on this medicine for relieving the pain as it could be due to some underlying condition. Consult your doctor. Avoid taking this medicine too often.
Q: Is Nicip Plus a painkiller?
A: Yes, it is a pain-relieving medication used for relieving mild pain such as headache, joint pain, ear or dental pain, painful menstruation.
Q: Can Nicip Plus be used for cold?
A: No, Nicip Plus is not useful in relieving the cold. Cold is a type of seasonal infection usually caused by a virus and this medicine has no action against the infection-causing organism.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹12.4 (20% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Nimesulide(100.0 Mg),Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Rashes, nausea, vomiting, loose stools, ulcers, redness of skin|
Last Updated on: 06 Feb 2021 | 12:16 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved