Sumo Strip Of 15 Tablets
Sumo tablet is a pain-relieving medication. It is also used for the treatment of mild to moderate pain & fever. It helps relieve different types of pain such as back pain, headache, toothache, ear pa
in, joint pain and menstrual pain. It is a combination medicine containing paracetamol and nimesulide. It works by blocking the production of a chemical substance (prostaglandin), which is produced by the body, causing symptoms like pain and swelling. It also acts on the area of the brain responsible for controlling temperature. This helps in controlling fever. This medicine must be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken at a fixed time. Do not skip a dose or consume more than that recommended by the doctor.
|You Save||₹20.40 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Nimesulide(100.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Fever and pain|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, loose stools, stomach or intestine ulcers, redness of skin|
Uses of SUMO STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- Sumo tablet is used to relieve pain in conditions such as toothache, ear pain, joint pain, headache, pain during menses, etc.
- It is also used in fever.
Contraindications of SUMO STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- If you are allergic to paracetamol, nimesulide, other pain-relieving medicine.
- If you have a history of liver damage due to painkiller use like (Nimesulide.
- If you have an existing or history of stomach bleeding, ulcer and inflammation of stomach lining.
- If you have problems related to blood clotting and bleeding disorders.
- If you have impaired liver or kidney function or existing heart-related problem.
- If you consume alcohol too often or are addicted to certain chemicals.
- If you are suffering from symptoms of flu-like fever, chills, shivering.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of SUMO STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- Loose stools
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of SUMO STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
Other General Warnings
- You experience loss of appetite, nausea, stomach pain and weakness. These could be signs of serious liver damage.
- You develop black tarry stools or vomit blood, immediately stop the medicine.
- You are an elderly, chances of side effects increases.
- You are suffering from any liver or kidney or heart disease.
- You have a history of stomach or intestine ulcers.
- You are expected to go through any upcoming surgery.
- Taking Sumo tablet for long is not advised as it can increase risk of heart disease or stomach bleeds.
Directions for Use of SUMO STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
Storage and disposal of SUMO STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- Store Sumo tablets in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of the children and pets.
Quick Tips of SUMO STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- Sumo tablet is an analgesic. It is also used to treat minor to severe discomfort and fever. It can aid with back pain, headaches, toothaches, ear pain, joint pain and menstrual cramps.
- Do not take more than the daily prescribed dose of Sumo tablet, as it contains paracetamol and taking paracetamol in excess can affect the liver or kidney.
- Before taking this medicine, inform your doctor about all your medications and medical history.
- Nausea, diarrhoea, indigestion, stomach pain and dizziness can be seen as side effects of this medicine, if side effects bother you, please inform your doctor.
- Dizziness can occur in some patients after taking this medicine, avoid driving or handling any heavy machinery unless you feel alert.
- Take Sumo tablet with food to avoid stomach upset or nausea.
Dosage of SUMO STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of SUMO STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
How Does It Work?
- Sumo tablet works by inhibiting the formation of a chemical substance known as prostaglandin which is responsible for the feeling of pain, inflammation and swelling. It also acts on a certain area of the brain that is responsible for regulating body temperature and thus reduces fever....
Interactions of SUMO STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Sumo tablet works or Sumo tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines like steroids,blood thinners, medicines to treat nausea, waterpills, blood pressure , mental illnesses, arthritis medications, immune medications, medicines to treat gout, antibiotics, etc....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Sumo tablet for six months?
Q: Can I give Sumo tablet to my child?
Q: What is sumo tablet used for?
Q: Sumo tablet vs dolo 650, What is the difference?
Q: Can I take Sumo tablet for a toothache?
Q: Is Sumo tablet good for a cold?
Q: Can Sumo tablet cause acidity?
Q: Is Sumo Tablet a painkiller?
Q: How many Sumo tablet can I take in a day?
Q: What are the side effects of Sumo tablet?
Q: Can we take Sumo in periods?
Q: Does Sumo tablet cause sleep?
Q: Can Sumo tablet be used in haemorrhoid treatment?
Q: Is Sumo a steroid?
Q: Can Sumo be used for throat infections?
Q: How to take Sumo tablet?
Q: Is Sumo tablet paracetamol?
Q: Can Sumo tablet be used for headaches?
Q: Can Sumo tablet be stopped when pain is relieved?
Q: Can Sumo tablet be taken with Vitamin B-complex?
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 August 2022]
- ISODOL 100 mg tablets [Internet]. Magispharma.it. 2022 [cited 5 August 2022]
- Prescribing medicines in pregnancy database [Internet]. TGA. Paracetamol. 2022 [cited 5 August 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 5 August 2022]