Nodard Plus Tablet
Nodard Plus Tablet Description
Nodard Plus tablet is a painkiller containing a combination of nimesulide and paracetamol. This medicine belongs to the Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicines (NSAIDs) class having analgesic and an
i-inflammatory actions. Nodard Plus is used to provide symptomatic relief from headache, toothache, fever and various kinds of other pain such as ear, joint and menstrual. Use this medicine as directed by the doctor and do not take it for a longer duration than prescribed as there is a risk of bleeding and ulcers with this medicine.
|You Save||₹14.44 (25% on MRP)|
|Contains||Nimesulide(100.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Pain, inflammation, fever|
|Side effects||Nausea, headache, indigestion, vomiting|
Uses of Nodard Plus Tablet
Contraindications of Nodard Plus Tablet
- If you are allergic to paracetamol, nimesulide, other anti-inflammatory medicines (aspirin) or any of the ingredients of Nodard Plus tablet.
- If you have a history of liver damage induced by anti-inflammatory medicines like (Nimesulide).
- If you have or had a history of stomach bleeding, ulcers and inflammation of the stomach lining.
- If you have problems related to blood clotting and bleeding disorders.
- If you have impaired liver or kidney function.
- If you have a serious heart failure problem.
- If you are an alcoholic or drug addict.
- If you are suffering from symptoms of flu-like fever, chills, shivering.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Nodard Plus Tablet
- Loose stools
- Stomach or intestine ulcers
- Redness of the skin
Precautions and Warnings of Nodard Plus Tablet
- Nodard Plus tablet should not be used during pregnancy, especially during the last three months of pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby along with delaying the delivery term.
- If you are a woman planning to conceive, this medicine can hamper your fertility. Hence, it should be avoided by such women. Talk to your doctor if you are planning a pregnancy or think you may be pregnant....
Other General Warnings
- If you experience loss of appetite, nausea, stomach pain and weakness, stop the medicine and reach out to your doctor immediately. These could be signs of serious liver damage.
- You develop black tarry stools or vomit blood, stop the medicine.
- You are elderly, the chances of side effects increases.
- You are suffering from liver or kidney or heart diseases.
- You have a history of stomach or intestine ulcers.
- You are expected to go through any upcoming surgery.
- Taking Nodard Plus tablets for a long period is not advised as it can increase the risk of heart disease or stomach bleeds.
- Nodard Plus tablets should not be used in children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Nodard Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
- A natural chemical substance called prostaglandins, causes pain, swelling and fever.
- Nodard Plus tablet blocks the production of these prostaglandins, thus temporarily controlling fever or pain.
- It acts on the area of the brain that is responsible for controlling temperature. Thus, it helps in controlling the fever.
Directions for Use of Nodard Plus Tablet
- Nodard Plus tablet should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and can be taken after food.
- Take it for a short duration of time. Prolonged use of this medicine is not recommended.
Interactions of Nodard Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- No drug interaction reports are available for this combination. However, as Nodard Plus tablet contains Paracetamol & Nimesulide, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- You may experience stomach bleeding and ulcers if used along with steroids.
- This medicine may interfere with the working of blood thinners like Warfarin.
- Do not take this medicine along with vomiting medicines like Domperidone and Metoclopramide.
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure like a water pill and captopril.
- Medicines used for mental problems like Lithium, Phenytoin and Phenobarbital.
- Medicines used to treat a certain type of cancer or arthritis-like Methotrexate.
- Medicines used to modify the immune system during an organ transplant like cyclosporine.
- Medicines used to treat gout-like probenecid.
- Medicines used to treat infections like Chloramphenicol and Rifampicin.
- Discuss with your doctor any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Nodard Plus Tablet
- Store Nodard Plus tablet in a cool and dry place and protect it from moisture and light.
- Keep it out of reach of the children and pets.
Dosage of Nodard Plus Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Nodard Plus tablet for six months?
Q: My child has a toothache, can I give Nodard Plus tablet to him?
Q: Can I take Nodard Plus for headaches?
Q: How to use Nodard Plus tablet?
Q: What is the composition of Nodard plus?
Q: What are the side effects of Nodard Plus?
Q: Can we use Nodard plus for cold?
Q: Can Nodard Plus tablet be used for fever?
Q: What are Nodard plus uses?
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 August 2021]
- Trademark - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 August 2021]
- Nimesulide - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 August 2021]
- Paracetamol [Internet]. Tga.gov.au. 2021 [cited 30 August 2021]
- Nimesulide Paracetamol tablet [Internet]. Salvavidaspharma.com. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Nimesulide [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Nimesulide - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Paracetamol - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]