Naxdom 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By PURE & CURE HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Naxdom 500 tablet is used in the treatment of inflammatory (pain and swelling) conditions of the joints, like rheumatoid arthritis and other forms of arthritis. It is also used for the treatment and
prevention of migraine headaches. Naxdom 500 tablet contains a combination of two medicines – Naproxen and Domperidone. It works by blocking the effect of inflammation-inducing substances and producing relief and also controls nausea and vomiting. Naxdom tablets should be taken as advised by your doctor. You should always take Naxdom 500 tablets with meals to avoid stomach upset and as prescribed by your doctor.
|Contains||Domperidone(10.0 Mg) + Naproxen Sodium(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Migraine, headache, arthritis pain and swelling|
|Side effects||Dry mouth, headache, confusion, dizziness, fatigue|
Check more medicines with composition as Domperidone(10.0 Mg) + Naproxen Sodium(500.0 Mg)
Uses of NAXDOM 500MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Naxdom 500 Tablet is used to relieve pain, swelling and discomfort associate with different forms of arthritis and other conditions.
- It is also used to prevent migraine and headache (intense headache with nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light and sound).
Contraindications of NAXDOM 500MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- If you are allergic to Naproxen, Domperidone or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have stomach or intestinal ulcers, bleeding from ulcers.
- If you have a history of ulcer or bleeding previously.
- If you have an allergy for painkillers like aspirin or ibuprofen.
- If you have any problems with your heart, liver and kidney.
- If you have pituitary gland tumour which releases an excess of prolactin hormone (prolactinoma).
- If you have an obstruction, blockage or perforation (tear) in the intestine or in any part of the gut
- If you have any condition due to which there is a salt imbalance in your body (low levels of potassium or magnesium or high level of potassium).
- If you're pregnant or think you may be pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of NAXDOM 500MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Dry mouth
- Visual disturbances
- Rashes & itching
- Ringing in the ear
Precautions and Warnings of NAXDOM 500MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Can I take Naxdom 500 Tablet during pregnancy?
Naxdom 500 tablet may cause harmful effects in the unborn baby & can also lead to malformations and impair the formation of kidney and heart. This medicine can increase the risk of bleeding and can even delay labour. Thus, it should be avoided during pregnancy.
Can I take Naxdom 500 Tablet while breastfeeding?
Naxdom 500 tablet passes into human milk and can be harmful to the newborn baby. Thus, either medicine or breastfeeding should be discontinued.
Can I drive if I have consumed Naxdom 500 Tablet?
Naxdom 500 tablet may produce dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue and vision problems. Therefore, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Naxdom 500 Tablet?
You should not consume alcohol along with Naxdom 500 tablets, as the chances of stomach ulceration and bleeding increase. Thus you should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are using other medicines or NSAIDs that may cause bleeding and ulcers in the stomach.
- You have any other stomach and intestinal diseases.
- You smoke or consume alcohol regularly.
- You are above 65 years of age.
- You had or have problems with your heart, liver or kidney.
- You have diabetes or high blood pressure or cholesterol.
- You have asthma or any problems with your breathing.
- You are planning to have a baby, as Naproxen may interfere with female fertility.
- You have to undergo any blood or urine tests.
- You are taking medicines or painkillers for headache too often.
- You are taking Apomorphine.
- You have developed an allergy or skin rash after taking this medicine.
- You have an autoimmune disorder called systemic lupus erythematosus or any tissue disorder or any blood clotting issues.
- Tablet Naxdom 500 aggravates the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, asthma, colitis and Crohn's disease. Thus, it should be used with caution.
- This medicine should not be used in children below 5 years of age.
Directions for Use of NAXDOM 500MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Take Naxdom 500 mg tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of NAXDOM 500MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Store Naxdom 500 mg tablet below 25°C protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not flush the expired medicine in the toilet or throw them in household waste or drain.
Quick Tips of NAXDOM 500MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Naxdom 500 Tablet is used to relieve pain, swelling and discomfort associated with arthritis and other conditions.
- It is also used for the treatment and prevention of migraine headaches.
- You should always take Naxdom 500 tablets with meals to avoid stomach upset.
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. You should not consume more than that prescribed dose.
- Before taking Naxdom 500, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on getting pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Also, inform your doctor about all your medications and medical history.
- Dizziness, drowsiness, headache and dry mouth can occur as side effects of this medicine in some individuals. If side effects bother you, please inform your doctor.
- Talk to your doctor if you have suffered from alcoholism in the past.
- Inform your doctor if you are using other medicines or NSAIDs that may cause bleeding and ulcers in the stomach.
Dosage of NAXDOM 500MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, dizziness, sleepiness, excitement, irritation, unconsciousness, fits and abnormal body movements. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Naxdom 500 tablet may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose....
Mode of Action of NAXDOM 500MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
How Does It Work?
- Certain substances, when released in the body, produce pain and inflammatory condition in the body. So, the affected area becomes red, painful and swollen. If the joints are affected, then the movement also gets restricted because of inflammation and eventually results in joint damage....
- Naproxen belongs to a group of medicine that blocks the effect of the inflammatory chemicals. So, all the symptoms related to it improves gradually.
- Domperidone is used to control nausea and vomiting. It prevents food back up in the oesophagus (food pipe), which may occur due to stomach irritation caused by Naproxen and other pain killers and in migraine attacks....
Interactions of NAXDOM 500MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience abnormal heart rhythm when taking Naxdom 500 tablet along with medicines like Amiodarone, used in abnormal heart rhythm, Haloperidol and Escitalopram used in psychiatric illness, antibiotic such as Erythromycin, antifungal such as Ketoconazole and Lumefantrine used in malaria, Cisapride used for gastric problems, Mizolastine used in allergy and anticancer such as Vandetanib....
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with Diltiazem, Verapamil used for the treatment of heart problems is not recommended.
- Naxdom 500 tablet decreases the effectiveness of Atenolol and water pills such as Furosemide used to treat high blood pressure.
- Maintain a minimum gap of 10-12 days between the use of Naxdom 500 and mifepristone as former can reduce the effectiveness of latter.
- The chances of kidney damage increase if Naxdom 500 tablet is taken along with immunosuppressive medicine such as Cyclosporine and Tacrolimus.
- The chances of stomach ulcers and bleeding increases if used along with steroids like prednisone, painkillers, blood thinners like Warfarin and Bisphosphonates used to treat weakened bone.
- You may experience fits and convulsions if taken along with antibiotics such as Ciprofloxacin and Ofloxacin.
- The side effects related to blood increases if taken along with Zidovudine used in the treatment of HIV infection.
- You should take Naxdom 500 tablet at least 1 hour before or 4 to 6 hours after Cholestyramine used in the treatment of cholesterol problems.
- Other medicines like Phenytoin, Lithium, Methotrexate, Digoxin Probenecid, Gliclazide and Sulfamethoxazole should be used cautiously.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am having a heart problem, can I take Naxdom 500 mg Tablet?
A: No, you should not take Naxdom 500 mg tablet as it is associated with the development of abnormal heart rhythms. Discuss with your doctor beforehand if you are prescribed with this medicine. Your doctor may advise frequent follow-up and regular heart function monitoring.
Q: Can Naxdom 500 tablet be taken empty stomach?
A: You should take Naxdom 500 mg tablet, preferably after meals, to avoid stomach discomfort.
Q: Can I take Naxdom 500 mg tablets with other painkillers?
A: No, you should not take this medicine with other painkillers as it increases the chances of getting side effects of Naxdom 500 tablets.
Q: How frequently can we take Naxdom 500 medicine?
A: Your treating doctor decides the duration and frequency of any medicine after assessing the condition. It varies among individuals depending upon their condition. Do not self medicate Naxdom 500 tablet and take it as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can Dolo 650 and Naxdom 500 be taken together?
A: Dolo 650 is an analgesic medicine. It contains paracetamol which is used to reduce pain and fever. Dolo 650 or any pain-reducing medicine should not be taken along with Naxdom 500 as it can aggravate the side effects of Naxdom tablet. Consult your doctor for more information on the safety of the concomitant use of these medicines.
Q: Does Naxdom 500 tablet affect kidneys?
A: Yes, it can, upon long term or frequent use, as components of Naxdom 500 tablet work by inhibiting the production of a chemical called prostaglandin. Prostaglandin is associated with maintaining blood flow and filtration rate of kidneys and inhibiting the production of this chemical can affect kidney function. Patients with kidney problems should be extra cautious and you should avoid frequent use of this medicine.
Q: Can I take Naxdom 500 mg tablets for headaches?
A: Naxdom 500 tablet should not be used for headaches without knowing the exact cause of the headache. Do not self medicate.
Q: Can I take higher than the recommended dose of Naxdom 500 tablet?
A: No, do not take higher than the recommended dose of Naxdom 500 Tablet as it can increase the risks of side effects. If your symptoms do not cure or worsen even after taking the recommended dose, please consult your doctor for further help.
Q: Can I take Naxdom 500 daily?
A: Take Naxdom 500 as prescribed by the doctor. The dose and duration will be decided by the doctor depending on the severity of your condition and how well it helps your symptoms. Do not modify the dose on your own.
Q: Can I stop taking Naxdom 500 if I feel an improvement in my condition?
A: Do not discontinue taking this medicine even if you feel better until the doctor tells you to stop.
Q: Can Naxdom 500 tablet cause constipation?
A: Naxdom 500 tablet has constipation as its common side effect. However, not everyone experiences it. If this symptom does not resolve, reach out to your doctor soon.
Q: How long will Naxdom take to work?
A: Naxdom start working within an hour of its intake. But it may take 2-3 days to show its full effect. Try to take the medicine regularly without skipping a dose. Taking the medicine regularly at the right times increases its effectiveness.
Q: What is Naxdom 500 used for?
A: Naxdom 500 tablet is used in the treatment of inflammatory (pain and swelling) conditions of the joints, like rheumatoid arthritis and other forms of arthritis. It is also used for the treatment and prevention of migraine headaches.
Q: What are the side effects of Naxdom 500?
A: Confusion, ringing sound in ears, dizziness, tiredness, rashes, visual disturbances, etc., are a few common side effects of Naxdom 500. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on your own. Also, it is not important that everyone experience the same.
Q: How to take Naxdom 500?
- Take Naxdom 500 tablet exactly as recommended by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break, cut or chew the medicine.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal benefits.
- You should not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Is Naxdom 500 good for migraine?
A: Yes, Naxdom 500 tablet can be used for the treatment of migraine headaches (intense headaches with nausea, vomiting and sensitivity to light and sound). However, you should only use this medicine if it is recommended by your doctor. Do not use this medicine on your own.
Q: Does Naxdom make you sleepy?
A: Yes, some individuals may experience drowsiness/sleepiness with the use of Naxdom 500 tablet. If you experience any such effects, it is recommended that you avoid driving, operating machines or performing any such tasks that require mental alertness.
Q: Is Naxdom and naproxen same?
A: Naproxen is one of the constituents of Naxdom 500 tablet. This medicine contains a combination of domperidone and naproxen as active substances.
Q: Can Naxdom be taken during pregnancy?
A: The use of Naxdom 500 tablet should be avoided during pregnancy. You should only use this medicine if it is recommended by your doctor.
- Naproxen Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 21 December 2021]
- Motilium Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 21 December 2021]
- Naproxen Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 21 December 2021]
- Motilium Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 21 December 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed