Naxdom 500mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Naxdom 500 Tablet contains a combination of two medicines Naproxen and Domperidone. Naproxen is an anti-inflammatory drug, while Domperidone is an anti-emetic agent. Naxdom 500 mg tablet is used in inflammatory (pain and swelling) conditions of the joints like rheumatoid arthritis and other forms of arthritis. It is also used for the treatment of migraine headaches. It works by blocking the effect of inflammation-inducing substances and produce relief in symptoms and also controls nausea and vomiting. You should not take this medicine if you have heart rhythm problem or history of ulcers due to pain killers. Long term treatment with this medicine can affect your liver and kidneys. Dryness of the mouth, dizziness, vision problem, headache and ringing in the ears are common side effects of this medicine.
Uses of Naxdom 500mg Tablet
- Naxdom 500 Tablet is used to relieve pain, swelling and discomfort associate with different forms of arthritis and other conditions.
- It is also used to prevent migraine and headache (intense headache with nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light and sound).
Contraindications of Naxdom 500mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Naproxen, Domperidone or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have stomach or intestinal ulcers, bleeding from ulcers
- If you have a history of ulcer or bleeding previously
- If you have an allergy for painkillers like aspirin or Ibuprofen
- If you have any problems with your heart, liver and kidney
- If you have pituitary gland tumour which releases an excess of prolactin hormone (prolactinoma)
- If you have an obstruction, blockage or perforation (tear) in the intestine or in any part of the gut
- If you have any condition due to which there is a salt imbalance in your body (low levels of potassium or magnesium or high level of potassium)
- If you're pregnant or think you may be pregnant or breastfeeding
Side effects of Naxdom 500mg Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Visual disturbances
- Rashes & itching
- Ringing in the ear
Precautions and Warnings of Naxdom 500mg Tablet
Can I take Naxdom 500 Tablet during pregnancy?
Naxdom 500 tablet may cause harmful effects in the unborn baby & can also lead to malformations and impair the formation of kidney and heart. This medicine can increase the risk of bleeding and can even delay labour. Thus, it should be avoided during pregnancy.
Can I take Naxdom 500 Tablet while breastfeeding?
Naxdom 500 tablet passes into human milk and can be harmful to the newborn baby. Thus, either medicine or breastfeeding should be discontinued.
Can I drive if I have consumed Naxdom 500 Tablet?
Naxdom 500 tablet may produce dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue and vision problems. Therefore, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Naxdom 500 Tablet?
You should not consume alcohol along with Naxdom 500 tablets, as the chances of stomach ulceration and bleeding increase. Thus you should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are using other medicines or NSAIDs that may cause bleeding and ulcers in the stomach
- You have any other stomach and intestinal diseases
- You smoke or consume alcohol regularly
- You are above 65 years of age
- You had or have problems with your heart, liver or kidney
- You have diabetes or high blood pressure or cholesterol
- You have asthma or any problems with your breathing
- You are planning to have a baby, as Naproxen may interfere with female fertility
- You have to undergo any blood or urine tests
- You are taking medicines or painkillers for headache too often
- You are above 12 years of age with body weight below 35 kgs
- You are taking Apomorphine
- You have developed an allergy or skin rash after taking this medicine
- You have an autoimmune disorder called systemic lupus erythematosus or any tissue disorder or any blood clotting issues
- Tablet Naxdom 500 aggravates the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, asthma, colitis and Crohn's disease. Thus, it should be used with caution.
- This medicine should not be used in children below 5 years of age.
Mode of Action of Naxdom 500mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Certain substances, when released in the body, produce pain and inflammatory condition in the body. So, the affected area becomes red, painful and swollen. If the joints are affected, then the movement also gets restricted because of inflammation and eventually results in joint damage.read less
- Naproxen belongs to a group of medicine that blocks the effect of the inflammatory chemicals. So, all the symptoms related to it improves gradually.
- Domperidone is used to control nausea and vomiting. It prevents food back up in the oesophagus (food pipe), which may occur due to stomach irritation caused by Naproxen and other pain killers and in migraine attacks.read less
Directions for Use of Naxdom 500mg Tablet
- Take Naxdom 500 mg tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Naxdom 500mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience abnormal heart rhythm when taking Naxdom 500 tablet along with medicines like Amiodarone, used in abnormal heart rhythm, Haloperidol and Escitalopram used in psychiatric illness, antibiotic such as Erythromycin, antifungal such as Ketoconazole and Lumefantrine used in malaria, Cisapride used for gastric problems, Mizolastine used in allergy and anticancer such as Vandetanib.read less
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with Diltiazem, Verapamil used for the treatment of heart problems is not recommended.
- Naxdom 500 tablet decreases the effectiveness of Atenolol and water pills such as Furosemide used to treat high blood pressure.
- Maintain a minimum gap of 10-12 days between the use of Naxdom 500 and mifepristone as former can reduce the effectiveness of latter.
- The chances of kidney damage increase if Naxdom 500 tablet is taken along with Cyclosporine and Tacrolimus, medicines used to prevent organ rejection.
- The chances of stomach ulcers and bleeding increases if used along with steroids like prednisone, painkillers, blood thinners like Warfarin and Bisphosphonates used to treat weakened bone.
- You may experience fits and convulsions if taken along with antibiotics such as Ciprofloxacin and Ofloxacin.
- The side effects related to blood increases if taken along with Zidovudine used in the treatment of HIV infection.
- You should take Naxdom 500 tablet at least 1 hour before or 4 to 6 hours after Cholestyramine used in the treatment of cholesterol problems.
- Other medicines like Phenytoin, Lithium, Methotrexate, Digoxin Probenecid, Gliclazide and Sulfamethoxazole should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Naxdom 500mg Tablet
- Store Naxdom 500 mg tablet below 25°C protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not flush the expired medicine in the toilet or throw them in household waste or drain.
Dosage of Naxdom 500mg Tablet
- Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, dizziness, sleepiness, excitement, irritation, unconsciousness, fits and abnormal body movements. Overdose of Naxdom 500 tablet sometimes can lead to serious liver and kidney disorders.read less
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Naxdom 500 tablet may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am having a heart problem, can I take Naxdom 500 mg Tablet?
A: No, you should not take Naxdom 500 mg tablet as it is associated with the development of abnormal heart rhythms. Discuss with your doctor beforehand if you are prescribed with this medicine. Your doctor may advise frequent follow-up and regular heart function monitoring.
Q: Can Naxdom 500 tablet be taken empty stomach?
A: You should take Naxdom 500 mg tablet, preferably after meals, to avoid stomach discomforts.
Q: Can I take Naxdom 500 mg tablets with other pain killers?
A: No, you should not take this medicine with other pain killers as it increases the chances of getting side effects of Naxdom 500 tablets.
Q: How frequently can we take Naxdom 500 medicine?
A: Your treating doctor decides the duration and frequency of any medicine after accessing the condition. It varies among individuals depending upon their condition. Do not self medicate Naxdom 500 tablet and take it as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can Dolo 650 and Naxdom 500 be taken together?
A: Dolo 650 is an analgesic medicine. It contains paracetamol which is used to reduce pain and fever. Dolo 650 or any pain-reducing medicine should not be taken along with Naxdom 500 as it can aggravate the side effects of Naxdom tablet. Consult your doctor for more information on the safety of concomitant use of these medicines.
Q: Does Naxdom 500 tablet affect kidneys?
A: Yes, it can upon long term or frequent use, as components of Naxdom 500 tablet work by inhibiting the production of a chemical called prostaglandin. Prostaglandin is associated with maintaining blood flow and filtration rate of kidneys and inhibiting the production of this chemical can affect kidney function. Patients with kidney problems should be extra cautious and you should avoid frequent use of this medicine.
Other Variants for
Naxdom 500mg Tablet
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 12:59 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved