Moxclav Ds Susp 30ml
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
30ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Moxclav DS Powder for Oral Suspension is an antibiotic, consisting of a combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid as its active ingredient. Moxclav DS Powder for Oral Suspension is used to treat bacterial infection in different parts of the body such as lungs, urinary tract, reproductive tract, stomach-intestine, soft tissues, joints and dental. Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid in Moxclav DS Powder for Oral Suspension work synergistically to produce an optimal effect by killing or inhibiting the growth of the bacteria and inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria. Sudden stopping of this medicine may result in treatment failure and other consequences, you should always complete the course of the treatment. This medicine is specially designed for children. Diarrhoea is the most common side effect of this medicine, reach out to your doctor if it does not go away on its own or gets worse.
Uses of Moxclav Ds Susp 30ml
Moxclav DS Powder for Oral Suspension is used in the treatment of bacterial infections such as sinus infection, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infection, bone and joint infections.
Contraindications of Moxclav Ds Susp 30ml
- If your child is allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Moxclav DS Suspension.
- If your child has or had a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If your child has or had liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
Side effects of Moxclav Ds Susp 30ml
- Difficulty in digestion
Precautions and Warnings of Moxclav Ds Susp 30ml
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child ever had allergic reactions to Penicillin, cephalosporins.
- Your child has liver problems.
- Your child has a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- Your child experiences redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- Your child experiences fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- Your child has diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with this medicine.
- Your child has difficulty in passing urine.
- Moxclav DS Powder for Oral Suspension should be used only in children below 18 years of age.
Directions for Use of Moxclav Ds Susp 30ml
- Give Moxclav DS Oral Suspension as directed by your doctor.
- For reconstitution: Add boiled and cooled water, slightly below the mark on the bottle.
- Shake well and make the volume up to the given mark on the bottle.
- The reconstituted solution should be used within the duration mentioned in the bottle.
Interactions of Moxclav Ds Susp 30ml
Interactions with other medicines
- No interaction reports are available for this combination. However, as this medicine contains amoxicillin & clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.Read less
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol, there is a need to check blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer).
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid.
- Medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil.
Storage and disposal of Moxclav Ds Susp 30ml
- Store Moxclav DS Oral Suspension below 25°C.
- After reconstitution, store in the refrigerator.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Moxclav Ds Susp 30ml
Symptoms of overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhoea, drowsiness and fluid retention. If you overuse this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail therapy. If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment but, if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucus along with stomach pain and fever, contact your doctor immediately. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: I have an allergy to Penicillin. Can I take Moxclav DS Powder for Oral Suspension?
A: Never take this medicine if you are allergic to Penicillin. Serious side effects can result due to the same. Always inform your doctor about your allergy to any specific medicines.
Q: My child has a fever and a cold. Can I give Moxclav DS Powder for Oral Suspension?
A: No, Moxclav DS Powder for Oral Suspension is an antibiotic, mainly used to treat bacterial infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections. Never give any medicine to your child without consulting the doctor.
Q: How long can I store Moxclav DS Powder for Oral Suspension?
A: The reconstituted suspension of Moxclav DS Powder for Oral Suspension should be stored in the refrigerator. Content should be used within 7 days. Later, discard the remaining portion of medicine.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹21.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Clavulanic Acid(57.0 Mg),Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(400.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, Nausea, Vomiting, Fungal infection|
Last Updated on: 22 Jul 2021 | 01:47 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved