Mox Cv 625mg Tablet
Mox Cv 625mg Tablet Description
Mox CV 625mg tablet is a combination medicine containing Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid, is an antibiotic belonging to a 'Penicillin' class. It is used to treat infections caused by various bacteria
in different parts of the body such as lungs, urinary tract, reproductive tract, stomach-intestine, soft tissues, joints and dental. Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid in this medicine act in an additive manner, by killing or inhibiting the growth of the bacteria and inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria, thus exhibiting optimal effect. Missed, skipped dose or abruptly stopping this medicine may result in treatment failure and symptoms of infection may reoccur. Thus, you should always complete the course of the treatment. Diarrhoea is the most common side effect of Mox cv 625, reach out to your doctor if it does not go away on its own or gets worsen. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting the Mox CV 625mg tablet.
|You Save||₹33.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, Nausea, Vomiting, Fungal infection|
Uses of Mox Cv 625mg Tablet
Contraindications of Mox Cv 625mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Amoxicillin, Clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Mox Cv 625mg Tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
Side effects of Mox Cv 625mg Tablet
- Infection of skin and nails (mucocutaneous candidiasis)
- Difficulty in digestion
- Skin rashes and irritation (pruritis, urticaria)
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Mox Cv 625mg Tablet
- The use of Mox CV 625mg tablet during pregnancy should be avoided, as it may possess harm to the unborn baby. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine after considering it to be necessary and safe. ...
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or you are planning to have a baby.
Other General Warnings
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You are an elderly patient.
- You have liver problems.
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You have diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with Mox CV 625mg tablet.
- You have difficulty passing urine.
Mode of Action of Mox Cv 625mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Mox Cv 625mg Tablet
Interactions of Mox Cv 625mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- No interaction reports are available for this combination. However, as this medicine contains Amoxicillin & Clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol, thus PT-INR must be checked.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer).
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid.
- Medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil.
Storage and disposal of Mox Cv 625mg Tablet
- Store the medicine at or below 25° in the original package.
- Protect it from heat and moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Mox Cv 625mg Tablet
- Taking Mox CV 625mg tablet in high doses may result in serious kidney damage and fits.
- Symptoms of overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhoea, drowsiness and fluid retention.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in a failure of therapy.
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment with Mox cv 625?
Q: I have an allergy to Penicillin. Can I take Mox cv 625?
Q: Will Mox CV 625mg tablet treat Urinary tract infection (UTI)?
Q: Is MOX CV an antibiotic?
Q: What is the composition of Mox CV 625mg tablet?
Q: What is the dose of Mox CV 625mg tablet?
Q: What is the Mox Cv used for?
Q: Can I take the Mox Cv 625 for a toothache?
Q: Is Mox Cv is safe in pregnancy?
- Augmentin USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Augmentin 625mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- CDSCO. Amoxicillin-Clavulanic acid [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Augmentin 625mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]