Montina L Tablets 10' S
Montina-L tablet is an anti-allergic medicine. It is used to relieve symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as a runny & stuffy nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergi
c symptoms. It is a combination medicine containing montelukast and levocetirizine. Montina-L tablet works by blocking the production of chemicals responsible for causing the allergy. Thus aids to ease breathing by reducing the inflammation of the airway. Allergic rhinitis is also known as hay fever. It is a condition of inflammation or swelling inside your nose due to an allergen. The symptoms of allergic rhinitis include runny & stuffy nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic symptoms. Montina L tablets should be taken as prescribed by your doctor for the prescribed duration. You can take this medicine with or without food. Your doctor may advise you to take the Montina L tablet, preferably at bedtime. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding about all the medicines and supplements you ta While taking this medicine you should rinse your nose regularly to clear the allergen from your nasal passage. As a precautionary measure you should avoid exposure to particular allergens you are aware of or suspect is triggering your allergy.
Uses of MONTINA L TABLETS 10' S
Contraindications of MONTINA L TABLETS 10' S
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine like Levocetirizine, Cetirizine or Montelukast.
- If you have kidney problems or undergoing dialysis.
- If you are unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance).
Side effects of MONTINA L TABLETS 10' S
- Tiredness or fatigue
- Skin rash
- Dry mouth
- Blocked or runny nose
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Indigestion or dyspepsia
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of MONTINA L TABLETS 10' S
Other General Warnings
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin as it can increase the risk of asthma.
- You experience a rash or breathing difficulty.
- You are suffering from a psychiatric illness.
- This medicine can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria.
- You are not able to empty the bladder.
- This medicine is not meant for relief from acute asthma. Use your inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack.
Directions for Use of MONTINA L TABLETS 10' S
Storage and disposal of MONTINA L TABLETS 10' S
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Try to protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of MONTINA L TABLETS 10' S
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of MONTINA L TABLETS 10' S
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast present in this tablet blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes which may be responsible for the symptoms of allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier....
- Levocetirizine blocks Histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Interactions of MONTINA L TABLETS 10' S
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains levocetirizine and montelukast. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components, when taken alone, may occur with this combination too.
- Concomitant use of Montina-L Tablet with medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy like Phenytoin, medicines used to treat psychotic disorders like Phenobarbital and medicines used to treat tuberculosis like Rifampicin should be avoided as this may interfere with the effect of this medicine....
Interactions with food items
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have depression. Can Montina-L tablet worsen it?
Q: Can I take Montina-L tablet during an asthma attack?
Q: Can I take Montina-L tablet in pregnancy?
Q: Can I stop taking Montina-L tablet if symptoms of allergy go away?
Q: Will Montina-L tablet make me drowsy?
Q: Can I take Montina-L for dry cough?
Q: When is the best time to take Montina-L tablets?
Q: What is the side effect of Montina L?
Q: How long Montina-L can be taken?
Q: What is Montina-L used for?
Q: Is Montina L a steroid?
Q: How to take Montina L?
Q: Can I take Montina L for allergic skin?
Q: Is Montina L an antibiotic?
Q: Montina L vs. Montek LC?
Q: Can Montina L be used in children?
Q: What precautions should I take when taking Montina L?
- When taking Montina L tablets, you should inform your doctor about all the medicines, herbals, or supplements that you take and about your complete medical history.
- Inform the doctor if you are allergic to any medicines.
- If you experience sleepiness or tiredness, after taking this medicine, avoid driving, operating heavy machinery, or performing any tasks that require mental alertness.
- Ask your doctor for advice before taking any medicine or alcohol along with Montina L tablets.
- If you experience any side effects after taking this medicine, talk to your doctor.
- If you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding, inform your doctor before starting this medicine.