Montek Lc Strip Of 10 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Montek LC tablet is used to relieve symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as a runny & stuffed nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic symptoms. Montek LC tablet is a combination medicine containing montelukast and levocetirizine. It works by blocking the production of chemicals responsible for causing the allergy. It should be taken as directed by the doctor, in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Swallow it with a glass of water, with or without food. Your doctor may advise you to take the Montek LC tablet, preferably at bedtime, as it may cause dizziness. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine.
Uses of Montek Lc Strip Of 10 Tablets
Montek LC tablet is used for relieving symptoms of allergic rhinitis (runny nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, chest congestion, itching, watery eyes and stuffed nose).
Contraindications of Montek Lc Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to levocetirizine, cetirizine or montelukast or any ingredient of Montek LC tablet.
- If you have kidney problems or undergoing dialysis.
Side effects of Montek Lc Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Blocked or runny nose
Precautions and Warnings of Montek Lc Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take the Montek LC tablet during pregnancy?
There is very limited information available on the safety of the Montek LC tablet during pregnancy. Do not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take the Montek LC tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of the Montek LC tablet can pass into human milk and can cause drowsiness in the breastfed baby. Hence, this medicine should not be used by a breastfeeding woman.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Montek LC tablet?
Montek LC tablet may cause dizziness or drowsiness and affect mental alertness. If you experience any of the symptoms, do not drive or operate machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Montek LC tablet?
It is advisable to avoid alcohol consumption while taking Montek LC tablet as it might alter your alertness. Do not drink alcohol if you are taking any medicines for sleeplessness, as the side effects may worsen.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking steroids like prednisone and prednisolone.
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin, as it can increase the risk of asthma.
- You experience allergic symptoms such as rashes or breathing difficulties after taking the Montek LC tablet.
- You are suffering from a psychiatric illness or have any brain-related problems.
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria.
- You are not able to empty the bladder or difficulty in urination.
- You experience any side effects after taking this medicine.
- Montek LC tablet is not meant for relief from acute asthma. Use your inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack.
- Montek LC tablet should not be used in children below 11 years of age with kidney problems.
Mode of Action of Montek Lc Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks the action of certain natural substances called leukotrienes, which is responsible for allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and makes breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks the action of histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions and hence helps in relieving allergic symptoms.
Directions for Use of Montek Lc Strip Of 10 Tablets
Take the Montek LC tablet as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food.
Interactions of Montek Lc Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Montek LC tablet can interact with other medicines and produce an altered response.
- Some medicine may alter the way Montek LC works, or Montek LC can itself reduce the effectiveness of other medicine.
- Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking to avoid any interactions.
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy like phenytoin, medicines used to treat anxiety or sleeplessness (CNS depressants) like phenobarbital and medicines used to treat tuberculosis like rifampicin should be used cautiously when taking Montek LC tablet.read less
Storage and disposal of Montek Lc Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Montek LC tablets below 30°C, protected from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Montek Lc Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of overdose of Montek LC tablet include drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and headache. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Montek LC during an asthma attack?
A: No, it will not help in an acute attack of asthma. It is advisable to take appropriate rescue medicine like inhalers given by your doctor during an asthma attack. Keep taking this medicine as well and do not stop it abruptly.
Q: Is Montek LC safe during pregnancy?
A: There is inadequate information available on the safety of Montek LC in pregnancy. Hence, it should be used if prescribed by your doctor. You should avoid self-medicating this medicine or any medicine during pregnancy.
Q: Can I stop taking Montek LC tablet if symptoms of allergy go away?
A: No, you should take this medicine for the duration prescribed by your doctor. Stopping this medicine in between the treatment may revert the allergic symptoms.
Q: Can Montek LC be taken for cold?
A: The common cold, which is commonly known as cold, is a viral infection and this medicine has no action towards viruses. Hence, it should not be used for cold.
Q: Is Montek LC an antibiotic?
A: No, it is not an antibiotic. Montek LC is an anti-allergic medicine.
Q: I have a psychiatric disorder. Can Montek LC worsen it?
A: Montek LC is known to cause side effects like anxiety, low mood, irritability and suicidal behaviour. It would be best if you are cautious as there can be an increased frequency of suicidal thoughts. In case it occurs, immediately inform your family and doctor.
Q: Does Montek LC cause sleep?
A: Montek LC can induce drowsiness and dizziness in some people as one of its side effects. However, it is not meant to be used to treat sleeplessness or lack of sleep.
Q: Are Montek LC and Telekast L the same?
A: The composition of the Montek LC tablet and Telekast L tablet is the same which is montelukast and levocetirizine. These medicines are used for the treatment of allergic rhinitis (a runny & stuffy nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching and watery eyes). Based on the cause of your allergy and your medical history, your doctor shall prescribe the suitable medicine for you. Do not self-medicate in any case and always follow your doctor's advice.
Q: Montek LC vs Montek AB, how do they differ?
A: Montek LC tablet is a combination of two antiallergic medicines namely montelukast and levocetirizine and it is generally used in the treatment of allergic rhinitis. Montek AB tablet contains a combination of montelukast and acebrophylline and it is generally used to treat chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma. It is recommended to use the medicine which is prescribed by your doctor, avoid self-medication.
- MONTAIR LC & MONTAIR LC KID DT / Syrup [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 30 April 2021]
- MnTL Tablet [Internet]. Centaurpharma.com. 2021 [cited 30 April 2021]
- Montelukast 10 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 April 2021]
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 April 2021]
- Levocetirizine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 30 April 2021]
Last Updated on: 06 May 2021 | 10:02 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved