Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets contains Propranolol as its active ingredient. This medicine is used to treat and prevent heart-related conditions such as high blood pressure, irregular heartbeats, chest pain due to heart condition, heart attack and other conditions. It works by relaxing the blood vessels, which slows down the pulse, thereby improving the blood flow and decreasing the blood pressure. This medicine should be used under medical prescription and for the duration, it is prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is used for the treatment of high blood pressure, irregular heart rhythm, Pheochromocytoma (a rare tumour of the adrenal gland situated above kidneys) and Hypertrophic Subaortic Stenosis (a disorder of heart muscle).read less
- It is also used for the prevention of angina attacks (chest pain due to heart condition), myocardial infarction (heart attack), tremors and migraine.
Contraindications of Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Propranolol or any other constituents of Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets.
- If you have asthma, lung or airway disorders.
- If you have low blood pressure, blockage in the heart and slow heartbeats (bradycardia).
- If you experience low blood glucose very often.
- If you have blood circulation issues and electrolyte imbalance.
- If you have an untreated tumour of the adrenal gland or a condition Prinzmetal's angina.
- Do not take this medicine after prolonged fasting.
Side effects of Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Sleep disturbances
- Increased heartbeats
- Cold hands and feet
Precautions and Warnings of Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets during pregnancy?
Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is not recommended during pregnancy as it may be harmful. However, your doctor may give you this medicine if needed and the advantages outweigh the risks. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or plan to have a child while taking this medicine.
Can I take Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Propranolol passes into human milk. Hence, you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
You may experience visual disturbances, inability to recognise objects properly, dizziness, hallucinations, tiredness or confusion. Thus, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine as it may worsen your condition.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any problems with your heart.
- You have kidney or liver-related diseases.
- You have blood circulation problems.
- You have muscle weakness.
- You have a history of allergic reactions.
- You have an overactive thyroid gland.
- You have cold sensations in fingers and toes.
- You have skin conditions like itchy dry patches on the skin.
- You smoke and drink very often.
- You are above 65 years.
Mode of Action of Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Propranolol works by blocking certain chemicals in the body that affect the heart and blood vessels, thus reducing the blood pressure, heart rate and makes it easier for your heart to pump blood around your body.
Directions for Use of Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken on an empty stomach. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of this medicine with medicines to treat irregular heartbeat and adrenaline (Epinephrine) may cause high blood pressure or slow heartbeats. Therefore, it should be avoided.
- Antimigraine medicines such as Ergotamine and Rizatriptan should be taken with a gap of a minimum of 2 hours with Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets.
- Concomitant use of Propranolol with medicines to treat heart diseases like Verapamil, Diltiazem and Nifedipine should be avoided as it may lead to abnormal heart rhythm, low blood pressure, slow heartbeats and heart failure.read less
- Concomitant use of Propranolol with anaesthetics may cause fast heartbeats and may also increase the risk of high blood pressure and thus should be used with caution.
- This medicine, if taken along with other antihypertensive medicines can lead to a sudden drop in blood pressure.
- Concomitant use of anti-inflammatory medicines like Indomethacin and Ibuprofen may decrease the effect of Propranolol.
- Concomitant use along with medicines used to treat brain-related disorders like Fluvoxamine and Imipramine may cause slow heartbeats.
- Other medicines like Lidocaine, Warfarin, Phenobarbital, Mephobarbital, Chlorpromazine, Cimetidine, Hydralazine, Imipramine, Rifampicin, Theophylline, Insulin and Digoxin used to treat heart failure should be used cautiously along with Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets.read less
- Do not smoke or consume tobacco as may cause an increase in heart rate and may impair blood pressure control.
Storage and disposal of Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Excess of this medicine can have deadly effects and may lead to a heart attack. The overdose symptoms are slow heartbeats, low blood pressure, fits, heart diseases, difficulty in breathing, drowsiness, dilated pupils, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, confusion, hallucinations, body pain, fainting or coma.read less
- If you experience any of these symptoms or think you have taken an excessive dose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of antihypertensives may lead to high blood pressure and other heart-related complications. If you miss any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this tablet to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets on my own?
- No, you should not stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor.
- If you stop the medication suddenly, you may suffer from severe heart-related and blood pressure problems.
- Your doctor will reduce the dose gradually over weeks before stopping it.
Q: What are the complications if my high blood pressure is not under control?
A: Uncontrolled high blood pressure is known to cause serious complications in several body parts. It can cause heart failure, kidney damage, bleeding in the brain and eyes.
Q: Can Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets be used for anxiety?
A: No, Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is used for the treatment of high blood pressure and several heart-related conditions. It is not effective against anxiety.
Q: Are Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets and Propranolol the same?
A: Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is the brand name of a medicine that contains Propranolol as the main constituent.
Q: How does Migrabeta Tr 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets work for migraines?
A: Migraine could be due to various reasons and one of them is the change in the blood flow to the brain. Inderal is known to relax the blood vessels by blocking certain receptors. Hence, it improves blood flow.
Last Updated on: 23 Dec 2020 | 11:08 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved