Mifeprin 200mg Tab
By SUN PHARMA
1 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mifeprin 200 mg Tab belongs to the class of medications called 'progestin antagonists', which is used to induce a medical abortion. Mifeprin 200 mg Tab is most commonly used to end an early pregnancy- lasting up to 10 weeks (70 days) or less. Mifeprin 200 mg Tab contains Mifepristone, which works by stopping the effects of progesterone that is needed to sustain a pregnancy. Without progesterone, the uterus lining breaks down, and the pregnancy is terminated. Mifeprin 200 mg Tab takes approximately 24-48 hours to work, and you will experience uterine bleeding once it starts working. However, uterine bleeding does not automatically signify that an abortion has been completed. You must mentally be prepared for all the risks that surgical abortion may entail, including incomplete abortion, heavy and prolonged bleeding (may last for 30 days or more), fever, and digestive discomfort. Also, if the medication does not work, it can cause pregnancy, resulting in a fetal defect. Therefore, keep in touch with your doctor regularly and do what they advise to avoid complications. Mifeprin 200 mg Tab should be taken in a dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor, preferably with food. During and after the abortion, some women experience nausea, cramping, vomiting, diarrhea, infection, dizziness, and bleeding after the procedure. The majority of these side effects of the medication subside with time. If your vaginal bleeding does not subside, see a doctor right away. You should not abruptly discontinue taking Mifeprin 200 mg Tab without consulting your doctor, as this can lead to incomplete abortion. Before taking Mifeprin 200 mg Tab, let your doctor know if you have had an ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy where the foetus grows outside the cavity of the uterus) in the past. Avoid strenuous activities like running, heavy exercise, and driving to prevent excessive bleeding. The doctor will also perform an ultrasound scan to ensure complete absorption....
|You Save||₹69.72 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Side effects||Nausea, Vomiting, Uterine cramps, Diarrhoea, Infection following abortion, Uterine bleeding, Menorrhagia, Cramps|
|Classification||DRUGS ACTING ON UTERUS|
Check more medicines with composition as Mifepristone(200.0 Mg)
Uses of Mifeprin 200 MG
- As per CDSCO, Mifeprin 200 mg Tab is used in medical abortion
Contraindications of Mifeprin 200 MG
- If you have a bleeding problem
- If you have been diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy where the foetus grows outside the cavity of the uterus)
- If you suffer from any heart problem
- If you suffer from any liver disease
- If have any kidney disease
- If you have vaginal bleeding
- If you have porphyria - blood disease that may cause nervous system or skin problems
Side effects of Mifeprin 200 MG
- Common side effects associated with Mifeprin 200 mg Tab are
- Uterine spasms
- Post-abortion infections
- uterine bleeding
- Most of these side effects of Mifeprin 200 mg Tab subside over time. However, if vaginal bleeding does not stop, see a doctor immediately. An immediate medical examination is required.
Precautions and Warnings of Mifeprin 200 MG
Can I take Mifeprin 200 mg Tab during pregnancy?
Mifeprin 200 mg tab is used for medically terminating pregnancy. If your pregnancy persists and you decide to maintain it, talk with your doctor to arrange careful prenatal monitoring and ultrasound scans.
Can I take Mifeprin 200 mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Mifeprin 200 mg Tab can be transferred to breast milk and absorbed by the baby. After receiving treatment, you should stop breastfeeding. There is little information about the risk to the fetus. Please consult your doctor.
Can I take Mifeprin 200 mg Tab during pregnancy?
It is not safe to drive while taking Mifeprin 200 mg Tab because it can increase the risk of excessive bleeding. Excessive bleeding can make it uncomfortable to drive. Excessive bleeding may make a person weak, dizzy, disoriented, or even faint.
Can I consume alcohol with Mifeprin 200 mg Tab?
Alcohol is known to cause excessive drowsiness and when taken with Mifeprin 200 mg Tab. Please avoid the consumption of alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Before you start taking Mifeprin 200 mg Tab, tell your doctor if you have or have had:
- Used an intrauterine device or are breastfeeding
Mode of Action of Mifeprin 200 MG
How Does It Work?
The Mifeprin 200 mg Tab is used to induce abortions during the early stages of pregnancy. It can be used up to the 10th week of pregnancy, which is around 70 days after your last period. Mifeprin 200 mg Tab blocks the natural female hormone, progesterone, responsible for the pregnancy. Mifeprin 200 mg Tab blocks the effects of progesterone, a natural female hormone that is essential for sustaining a pregnancy. The inner lining of the uterus (womb) breaks and without this hormone, just as it does during a menstrual cycle, which halts the growth of the pregnancy....
Directions for Use of Mifeprin 200 MG
- Use Mifeprin 200 mg Tab according to the dosage and duration prescribed by your doctor
- Mifeprin 200 mg Tab should be taken with food or as advised by your doctor
- Mifeprin 200 mg Tab should be taken orally, swallowing the tablet whole with a glass of water
- If you vomit within 30 minutes of taking the pill, tell your doctor or take another pill
- The medicine may take 24 to 48 hours to work and you may notice some spotting or bleeding
- Any intrauterine device (IUD) needs to be removed before the process of pregnancy termination begins
- You should go back for a follow-up after 14 days. This may be critical to verify that the termination of being pregnant has occurred
Interactions of Mifeprin 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- The following medicines may interact with Mifeprin 200 mg Tab and can increase the risk of serious or life-threatening breathing problems if used with these medications. The following medicines interact with Mifeprin 200 mg Tab:...
- Corticosteroids- dexamethasone
- Antifungals- ketoconazole, itraconazole
- Antibiotics- erythromycin, rifampicin
- Anti-epileptic- phenytoin, phenobarbital, carbamazepine
- Immunosuppressants- cyclosporine, tacrolimus, sirolimus
- Medicines to treat migraine- ergotamine
Interactions with food items
- Mifeprin 200 mg Tab may interact with certain herbs, supplements, St John’s Wort, or grapefruit juice to worsen the side effects of Mifeprin 200 mg Tab.
- Inform your doctor about any supplements you are taking before starting Mifeprin 200 mg Tab.
Storage and disposal of Mifeprin 200 MG
Ensure that Mifeprin 200 mg Tab is kept safe so that toddlers or pets cannot access them. It is best to keep Mifeprin 200 mg Tab in well-ventilated rooms is best since heat and humidity can damage your medicines. Check the label of the Mifeprin 200mg Tab for more information. Dispose of the medicine carefully so that it does not harm the environment or animals. Please follow the instructions on the package for disposal or ask a local pharmacist....
Dosage of Mifeprin 200 MG
Contact your doctor and seek immediate help if an overdose with Mifeprin 200 mg Tab is suspected. Taking more than the recommended dose of Mifeprin 200 mg Tab may lead to an increased risk of adverse effects such as stomach upset, indigestion, back pain, heavy vaginal bleeding, vomiting, diarrhea, vomiting, heavy bleeding, and anxiety....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose of Mifeprin 200 mg Tab, please consult your doctor. Mifeprin 200 mg Tab is a single-dose therapy, and hence missing a dose is not possible.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Mifeprin 200 mg Tab affect the chances of my future pregnancy?
A: No, studies have shown that Mifeprin 200 mg Tab does not impair the fertility of women. Your chances of getting pregnant is same as those of those who have not taken Mifeprin 200 mg Tab.
Q: Does abortion occur immediately after taking Mifeprin 200 mg Tab?
A: Your doctor will examine you with an ultrasound to confirm whether or not abortion has been completed after you take Mifeprin 200 mg Tab. You may or may not experience vaginal bleeding after taking Mifeprin 200 mg Tab.
Q: What precaution and diet should I follow while taking Mifeprin 200 mg Tab?
A: Eat a diet that is rich in whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and low-fat dairy products, which is a must while taking Mifeprin 200 mg Tab. Quit smoking, drinking alcohol, and avoiding physical activities such as chronic stress and running are the best ways to lower the risk of complications. Monitor your blood pressure daily when taking Mifeprin 200 mg Tab and contact your doctor immediately if the fluctuations are too severe.
- Mifepristone (Mifeprex): MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [Accessed 24 January 2022].
- Mifepristone | C29H35NO2 - PubChem [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [Accessed 24 January 2022]. Mifepristone | C29H35NO2 - PubChem [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [Accessed 24 January 2022].
- DailyMed - mifepristone tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [Accessed 24 January 2022].
Country of Origin
Expires on or After