Meltor 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Meltor Md 5 MG Description
Meltor Md Tablet is a medicine that is used in the treatment of high blood pressure or oedema. Meltor Md Tablet contains torasemide, also known as water pill. It removes excess fluid from the body in
conditions like liver, kidney or heart disease or failure. Take the medicine as advised by the doctor.
- Torsinol 5mg TabletsBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 28.00₹ 23.8028% CHEAPER₹ 2.38/Tablet
- Dytor 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Cipla Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 59.29₹ 50.40₹ 3.36/Tablet
- Torsid 5mg TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 32.60₹ 27.7117% CHEAPER₹ 2.77/Tablet
- Tor 5mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 31.75₹ 26.9919% CHEAPER₹ 2.7/Tablet
- Torget 5mg TabletBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 37.73₹ 32.073% CHEAPER₹ 3.21/Tablet
Uses of Meltor Md 5 MG
Contraindications of Meltor Md 5 MG
- If you are allergic to torasemide, povidone or other ingredients of the medicine.
- If you have kidney disease such as non-passage of urine (anuria).
- If you had or have liver, heart disease or decreased blood volume.
- If you are pregnant or lactating.
- If you are on aminoglycosides or cephalosporins antibiotic like gentamycin, amikacin, ceftriaxone, cefixime, etc.
Side effects of Meltor Md 5 MG
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea, vomiting
Precautions and Warnings of Meltor Md 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You may experience hearing loss.
- You may have kidney, liver disease.
- You may have dehydration, salt imbalance or electrolyte imbalance.
- You may have other underlying medical conditions such as diabetes, gout.
Mode of Action of Meltor Md 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Meltor Md 5 MG
- Take Meltor Md Tablet as a whole with water, with or without food.
- Take it every day at the same time. You should take it regularly without fail as directed by the doctor.
Interactions of Meltor Md 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Meltor Md Tablet works, or the medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- If you are taking medicines for eg. to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorder....
- Concomitant use of the medicine with aminoglycoside antibiotics like gentamicin and ethacrynic acid cause an increased risk of ear toxicity, thus avoid, if possible.
- Concomitant use of radiocontrast agents with the medicine result in kidney toxicity.
Storage and disposal of Meltor Md 5 MG
- Store Meltor Md Tablet at room temperature away from sunlight.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Meltor Md 5 MG
- Symptoms of overdose of Meltor Md Tablet are dehydration, decreased blood pressure, sodium, potassium, chloride levels as well as body fluid, it may also increase red blood cell levels in the body.
- If you experience the symptoms or think you have taken too much of the medicine, contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Meltor Md Tablet on my own if I feel better?
Q: Any Dietary restrictions must follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit intake of salt in the diet, pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided.
- Limit intake of potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana and limit intake of meat.
- Avoid packaged snacks, prefer fresh cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre.