By BAL PHARMA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Meloxi 15 MG Description
Meloxi Tablet is pain-relieving medicine also known as a pain killer. It contains meloxicam as its active ingredient. Meloxi is used for the treatment of pain and inflammation associated with various
conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, joint and muscle pain. This medicine acts by inhibiting the release of the natural chemical substances responsible for the sensation of pain and inflammation. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor. You can take Meloxi with or without food, but it is recommended to take this medicine with food to avoid stomach upset.
|You Save||₹3.38 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis|
|Side effects||Indigestion, nausea, vomiting, headache|
Check more medicines with composition as Meloxicam(15.0 Mg)
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Meloxi Tablet
- Muvera 15mg TabletBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 105.00₹ 89.25₹ 8.93/Tablet
Uses of Meloxi 15 MG
For the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
Contraindications of Meloxi 15 MG
- If you are allergic to meloxicam, or any ingredients present in Meloxi Tablet.
- If you have a history of any problem related to the stomach and intestine.
- If you have active stomach and intestinal bleeding, ulcers, or inflammation.
- If you are taking a blood thinner or painkiller medicines.
- If you have any known history of symptoms like asthma, nasal problems or hives, etc after taking NSAID medicine like aspirin.
- If you are pregnant especially, in the third trimester of pregnancy.
- If you have heart severe heart problems.
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- It should not be used as perioperative medicine to provide relief from bypass surgery.
- Meloxi should not be used for children below 16 years of age.
Side effects of Meloxi 15 MG
- Abdominal pain
- Flatulence (gas)
Precautions and Warnings of Meloxi 15 MG
Can I take Meloxi Tablet during pregnancy?
Meloxi Tablet is not recommended to be taken by pregnant women especially, during the third trimester of pregnancy. If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant, talk to your doctor.
Can I take Meloxi Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to take Meloxi Tablet if you are breastfeeding as there is limited data about its safety. It is important to consult the doctor before taking any medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Meloxi Tablet?
If you experience dizziness, drowsy, tired or have vision disturbances after taking Meloxi. It is recommended to avoid activities like driving or operating machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Meloxi Tablet?
It is always recommended not to consume alcohol while taking Meloxi Tablet. It may delay the healing process. If you have a habit of drinking alcohol consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of stomach or intestinal bleeding, perforations or ulcers.
- You experience stomach or intestinal bleeding after taking this medicine.
- You are an elderly person.
- You have any medical condition such as heart, liver, brain or kidney disease.
- You have or had experienced any allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You are planning a pregnancy or you are pregnant.
- You have an electrolyte (salt) imbalance in the body.
Mode of Action of Meloxi 15 MG
How Does It Work?
Meloxicam in Meloxi works by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins, which is responsible for swelling and pain.
Directions for Use of Meloxi 15 MG
- Meloxi Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. It can be taken before or after food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Meloxi 15 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Meloxi Tablet works, or Meloxi itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you take medicines like aspirin or other NSAID, blood thinner medicines, corticosteroids, digoxin for a heart condition, medicines for brain-related problems, immunomodulatory medicines, medicines to treat high blood pressure, antibiotics or heart failure....
Storage and disposal of Meloxi 15 MG
- Store Meloxi in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Meloxi 15 MG
- Overdose of Meloxi may cause tiredness, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting and chest pain.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, immediately contact your treating doctor or visit your nearby hospital. Always carry the package of the tablet along with you for easy assessment of the severity of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Meloxi Tablet an antibiotic?
A: No, Meloxi is an anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving medicine.
Q: Can Meloxi Tablet be used for knee pain?
A: Yes, it can be used for knee joint pain. It helps in relieving the pain and swelling associated with knee joint pain. Knee pain could be due to various reasons such as fracture, ligament tear, tendon rupture or arthritis due to ageing. It is advised to discuss with your doctor if you have any special medical conditions before taking this medicine.
- Meloxicam 15mg Orodispersible Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 June 2022]
- Meloxicam 15mg Orodispersible Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 7 June 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed