Megapred 4mg Tablet
Megapred 4 MG Description
Megapred Tablet contains methylprednisolone as its active ingredient. It belongs to the class of medicines called steroids that is used in various allergic conditions like skin allergies, asthma and
lung-related problems. You should take this medicine in the correct dose and for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor. It is advised to complete the full course of the treatment as per the doctor's directions. You should not stop the medicine abruptly otherwise it can increase the risk of the symptoms returning. There are a few side effects also like stomach pain, diarrhoea, skin rash or facial swelling, etc. can be experienced while using this medication. If you experience persistent signs or any uneasiness while using this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately.
|You Save||₹7.09 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(4.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Increased risk for infections, high blood pressure, stomach ulcers, bloating|
- Lypred 4mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 49.00₹ 41.65₹ 4.17/Tablet
- Sterio 4mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 69.10₹ 58.73₹ 5.87/Tablet
- Dispred 4mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy J B Chemicals And Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 64.21₹ 54.58₹ 5.46/Tablet
- Macpred 4mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 53.05₹ 50.40₹ 5.04/Tablet
- Prelid 4mg TabletBy Glowderma Lab Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 38.00₹ 32.3019.65% CHEAPER₹ 3.23/Tablet
- Jetpred 4mg TabletBy Walnut Life Sciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 50.00₹ 42.50₹ 4.25/Tablet
- Medrol 4mg TabletBy Pfizer Product India Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 52.59₹ 44.70₹ 4.47/Tablet
- Mp 4mg TabletBy Icon Lifesciences10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 64.00₹ 64.00₹ 6.4/Tablet
- Depotex 4mg TabletBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 58.00₹ 49.30₹ 4.93/Tablet
- Predmet 4mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Sun Pharma15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 81.00₹ 68.85₹ 4.59/Tablet
Uses of Megapred 4 MG
- Megapred Tablet is indicated for the treatment and/or suppression of inflammatory and allergic disorders associated with different organs. It is also helpful in various allergic ailments like asthma, skin allergies....
Contraindications of Megapred 4 MG
Side effects of Megapred 4 MG
- Increased risk for infections
- High blood pressure
- Stomach ulcers
- Water retention in the body
- Mood disorders
- Muscle weakness
- Eye disorders like cataracts
- Thinning of the skin
- Delayed wound healing
Precautions and Warnings of Megapred 4 MG
Other General Warnings
- Inform your doctor about your detailed history of a medical condition like heart-related disorder, allergies, fungal infections, bleeding disorders and osteoporosis.
- Megapred Tablet can make you more prone to infections, especially if you already have an infection and you are taking medicines to suppress the immune response. So it is advised to discuss your condition with a doctor....
- You are elderly.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Mode of Action of Megapred 4 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Megapred 4 MG
- Take Megapred Tablet exactly as prescribed by your physician.
- Do not stop it abruptly, as this can lead to side effects.
- Taking a dose higher or lower than prescribed is not advisable.
- It would be best if taken along with meals to avoid stomach discomfort.
Interactions of Megapred 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- There are certain medicines that can affect the activity of Megapred Tablet when taken along with other medicines at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions. Especially, if you are taking anti-tubercular medicines, antibiotics, antihypertensive medicines, oral contraceptives, antacids and antidiabetic medicines....
- Immunosuppressants like Ciclosporin and Tacrolimus, you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine.
- Concomitant use of painkillers can cause the risk of stomach bleeding.
- Medicines used to treat muscle disorders (myasthenia gravis or muscle weakness) such as Distigmine, Neostigmine, and Pancuronium, if taken along with Megapred Tablet, can lead to muscle weakness.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid having grapefruit juice, as it can cause adverse effects with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Megapred 4 MG
- Keep the medicine at room temperature and away from extreme heat and moisture.
- Do not take this medicine after its expiry date which is mentioned on the medicine.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Megapred 4 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)