Meftal P Mango Flavour Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
Meftal P 100 MG/5ML Description
Meftal-P suspension is for paediatric use. It helps to reduce fever and pain associated with sprains, injuries, etc. Meftal-P also helps to reduce swelling, redness and pain in the joints due to ju
venile rheumatoid arthritis. It contains mefenamic acid as its active ingredient, which belongs to a class of medicines known as NSAID's. It stands for Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines. Meftal-P suspension is specially designed for use in children. It should be used under the supervision of an adult.
Uses of Meftal P 100 MG/5ML
- To relieve fever and pain in children.
- To relieve muscle and joint pain in juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (arthritis in children).
- To relieve pain and inflammation of joints, bones and muscles due to sprains, strains and injuries.
- To relieve swelling, inflammation and pain after surgery, operation and after delivery.
- To relieve pain and abdominal cramps during the menstrual cycle and headache.
Contraindications of Meftal P 100 MG/5ML
- If your child is allergic to this Mefenamic acid or any of the ingredients of the Meftal-P suspension.
- If your child has a condition of inflammation, swelling and pain in the digestive tract.
- If your child has or ever had problems of intestinal bleeding or stomach ulcers with or without the use of painkillers.
- If your child has any heart, liver or kidney problems or has any other health conditions related to these organs.
- If your child has a history of allergic reaction like breathing problems and skin allergy upon using painkillers like aspirin or Ibuprofen.
Side effects of Meftal P 100 MG/5ML
Precautions and Warnings of Meftal P 100 MG/5ML
Other General Warnings
- Your child has any stomach/intestinal bleeding.
- You notice your child vomits blood or has black coloured stools, immediately inform your doctor.
- Your child has a breathing-related disorder or asthma or prone to seasonal allergies, rhinitis and other lung and throat problems.
- Your child is suffering from a heart problem, liver or kidney problem or is taking water pills.
- Your child is suffering from high blood pressure or heart problems.
- Your child has a stomach ache.
- Your child develops skin allergies like skin rashes, itching, papules, blisters, etc.
- Your child is suffering from an autoimmune disorder, systemic lupus erythematosus or has fits, caution is advised.
- Your child has any other existing medical conditions or he/she is born prematurely.
Mode of Action of Meftal P 100 MG/5ML
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Meftal P 100 MG/5ML
- Meftal-P suspension should be taken as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use and read the instructions on the bottle before use.
- Use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity.
- Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Meftal P 100 MG/5ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Meftal-P suspension works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals your child is currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if your child is taking medicines to treat his/her heart problems, mental health problems, high blood pressure or blood thinners.
- Concomitant use of other painkillers is not advised as it can increase the side effects of this medicine.
- Medicines such as steroids, antidepressants, medicines to stop blood clotting and pain killers should not be used simultaneously as there is an increased risk of stomach and intestinal bleeding.
- Concomitant use of antibiotics like Norfloxacin, Ofloxacin and Ciprofloxacin with this medicine may cause fits.
- There should be a minimum gap of 10-12 days for the use of Mifepristone with this medicine as it can reduce the effect of Mifepristone.
- Other medicines like Probenecid, Zidovudine, Methotrexate, Ciclosporin, Tacrolimus and oral anti-diabetic medicine should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Meftal P 100 MG/5ML
- Store Meftal-P suspension at room temperature.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Meftal P 100 MG/5ML
- Symptoms of an overdose include diarrhoea, drowsiness, ringing sound in the ears, headache, nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain, mental confusion, excitation, coma, drowsiness, tinnitus, fainting and occasionally fits....
- If you notice any of the above symptoms in your child or think you have given too much of the Meftal-P suspension to your child, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed giving any dose of the Meftal-P suspension to your child, then give it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule....