Mefnum Mango Flavour Suspension 60ml
By VINTAGE LABS PVT LTD
60ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mefnum Suspension is for pediatric use. It reduces fever and pain associated with sprains, injuries. It helps to reduce swelling, redness and pain in the joints due to juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. It contains mefenamic acid as an active ingredient. It is a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) medicine. Mefnum Suspension must be given to the child as advised by the doctor....
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Mefnum Mango Flavour Suspension 60ml
Uses of Mefnum 100 MG
- To relieve fever and pain in children
- To relieve muscle and joint pain in juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (arthritis in children)
Contraindications of Mefnum 100 MG
- If the child is allergic to mefenamic acid or other painkillers such as ibuprofen or other ingredients of Mefnum Suspension.
- If the child has a condition of inflammation, swelling and pain in the digestive tract.
- If the child suffers from asthma.
- If the child has or had problems of intestinal bleeding or stomach ulcers with or without the use of painkillers.
- If the child has heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- If the child suffers from epilepsy.
- If the child is on blood clotting medicines like warfarin.
Side effects of Mefnum 100 MG
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Mefnum 100 MG
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- The child has blood tests to be done, it is important to inform the doctor about the ongoing treatment with Mefnum Suspension.
- The child develops skin allergies like skin rashes, itching, papules, blisters, etc.
- Treatment with Mefnum Suspension must not be continued for more than 7 days unless it is prescribed for Still's disease.
- The child has asthma or prone to seasonal allergies and rhinitis.
- The child may suffer from a heart, liver or kidney problem.
- The child has a stomach ache.
- The child may suffer from epilepsy, caution is advised.
Mode of Action of Mefnum 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Mefenamic acid in Mefnum Suspension acts by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins, which is responsible for the inflammation, swelling and sensation of pain.
Directions for Use of Mefnum 100 MG
- Mefnum Suspension should be given to your child as instructed by your doctor
- Shake well before use and read the instructions on the bottle before use
- Use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity
- Do not give it directly from the bottle
Interactions of Mefnum 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Mefnum Suspension works, or Mefnum itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor of the medicines, supplements, or herbals the child is taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Mefnum 100 MG
- Store Mefnum Suspension at room temperature
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Mefnum 100 MG
If you have given too much of Mefnum Suspension to the child, contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed giving a dose of Mefnum Suspension to the child, give it as soon as you remember. If it's the time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and give the next dose at the scheduled time. Avoid a double dose for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Mefnum Suspension used for?
A: It is used for fever and pain relief in children.
Q: Can I take Mefnum Suspension on an empty stomach?
A: No, the medicine must be taken after having food.
Q: Is Mefnum Suspension a painkiller?
A: Yes, it is a pain killer. It is effective for pain only.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.