Medrol 4mg Tablet
Medrol 4 MG Description
Medrol 4 mg tablet is a steroid medicine. Skin allergies, asthma, gout, arthritis, autoimmune disorders, etc, can be treated using Medrol. It contains methylprednisolone as an active ingredient. Medrol tablet acts by reducing the formation of inflammation-causing substances in the body. Predmet 4mg tablet, Zempred 4mg tablet, Lypred 4mg tablets, Nucort M 4mg tablets and Ivepred 4mg tablet also contain methylprednisolone as an active ingredient.
Your doctor will prescribe a dosage schedule of Medrol that is best for your condition. Take it for the prescribed duration, and do not miss any dose of this medicine. Inform your doctor if you have any medical condition, pregnant, breastfeeding or are on any medications before initiating treatment with Medrol tablet.
|You Save||₹7.89 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(4.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Allergies, autoimmune disorders, organ transplant, inflammatory disease|
|Side effects||Increased susceptibility for infections, bloating, mood disorders, rise in blood pressure, stomach ulcers|
- Lypred 4mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 49.00₹ 35.2821.03% CHEAPER₹ 3.53/Tablet
- Nucort M 4mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 51.79₹ 44.021.57% CHEAPER₹ 4.40/Tablet
Uses of Medrol 4 MG
- Medrol 4 mg tablet is used for various allergic ailments like asthma, skin allergies, and lung-related problems.
- For relieving pain and swelling of joints in arthritis, gout, spondylitis, and bursitis.
- As an anti-inflammatory agent for treating inflammation and swelling in different parts of the body.
- For the treatment of various autoimmune disorders related to muscle, skin, lungs, blood formation, intestine, gut, and joints.
- During surgeries, injuries, trauma, and transplants to modify the immune response.
- To boost steroid levels when the body is not making enough natural steroid hormone on its own.
Contraindications of Medrol 4 MG
- If you are allergic to this medicine, steroids or any other components of Medrol 4 mg tablet.
- If you have any other infection and you are not taking any antibiotics or antiviral medicine to treat that infection.
- If you have any severe fungal infection, such as an infection of the lungs, throat or food pipe.
- If you recently had or have an upcoming vaccination schedule.
Side effects of Medrol 4 MG
- Mood disorders
- Changes in blood pressure
- Muscle weakness
- Thinning of skin and acne
- Delayed wound healing
Precautions and Warnings of Medrol 4 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience any skin allergies and a rise in blood sugar levels or you are diabetic.
- You are experiencing mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems including suicidal thoughts.
- You are experiencing visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long-term use, there is a probability that you may develop a cataract.
- You are elderly, you have a heart problem, high blood pressure, cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- It can impair the fertility of an individual.
- Medrol 4 mg tablet may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like the stomach, and pancreas and can also cause ulcers.
- Medrol 4 mg tablet can make you more prone to infections, in case you already have an infection like a fungal infection, you have measles or chickenpox, or you are taking medicines to suppress the immune response, It is advisable to discuss your condition with a doctor....
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard growth.
Directions for Use of Medrol 4 MG
- Medrol 4 mg should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should preferably be taken after meals.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Medrol 4 MG
- Store Medrol 4mg tablets at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Quick Tips of Medrol 4 MG
- Medrol 4 mg tablet is a steroid medication. Medrol can be used to treat skin allergies, asthma, gout, arthritis, and autoimmune disorders, among other things. Its active ingredient is methylprednisolone....
- Medrol 4mg Tablet can make it more difficult to fight infections. If you have any signs of infection, such as a fever or sore throat, seek medical attention.
- Stopping Medrol 4mg Tablet suddenly without first consulting your doctor may worsen your symptoms.
- Avoid using it more frequently or for longer than your doctor has prescribed. Take it with food to prevent stomach distress.
- Your doctor will prescribe a Medrol dosage schedule that is appropriate for your condition. Take it for the full duration of the prescription, and do not miss any doses.
- Before beginning treatment with Medrol tablet, inform your doctor if you have any medical conditions, are pregnant, breastfeeding, or are taking any medications.
Dosage of Medrol 4 MG
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Mode of Action of Medrol 4 MG
How Does It Work?
- Methylprednisolone is a man-made steroid. Steroids are hormones produced in the human body and responsible for normal body functions. It acts by suppressing the immune response in allergies and inflammation and during organ transplantation. ...
- It can also delay the progress of leukaemia (Blood cancer) and is critical in the maintenance of normal body functions during stress.
Interactions of Medrol 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You may require a stronger dose of Medrol tablet in case you are taking anti-tubercular medicines like Rifampicin, antibiotics like rifabutin, or medicines to treat fits like Phenobarbital and Phenytoin....
- Concomitant use of antibiotic medicine like Troleandomycin & Isoniazid, blood pressure medicine like Mibefradil and ulcer medicine like Cimetidine can lead to steroid toxicity.
- If you are taking medicines such as Carbamazepine used to treat fits, medicine like Aprepitant to stop vomiting, antifungal medicines like Itraconazole, medicines used to treat blood pressure and angina like Diltiazem, oral contraceptive medicines like Ethinyl estradiol and Norethindrone, antibiotics like Erythromycin and Clarithromycin, immunosuppressants like Ciclosporin and Tacrolimus, you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine....
- There is an increased risk of stomach bleeding if you are taking painkillers or aspirin along with Medrol 4 mg tablet.
- Medicines used to treat muscle disorders (myasthenia gravis) such as Distigmine, Neostigmine, and Pancuronium, if taken along, can lead to muscle weakness.
- It would help if you were cautious while taking any anti-diabetic medicine, medicines to stop blood clotting, a water pill, and aminoglutethimide.
Interactions with food items
Dr. Mahesh Muthe
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my doctor before taking Medrol 4mg tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Medrol 4 mg tablet on my own if I feel my symptoms are recovering?
Q: Can I take a vaccine if I am taking Medrol 4mg tablet?
Q: Can Medrol 4mg tablet be given to children?
Q: What is the dosage of Medrol 4mg tablet for bronchitis?
Q: Can I use Medrol tablet for COVID-19?
Q: What is Medrol 4 mg tablet used for?
Q: Should Medrol be taken with food?
Q: Is there any side effect of long-term use of Medrol?
Q: Is Medrol 4mg a steroid?
Q: How much Medrol is safe?
Q: Is Medrol tablet a painkiller medicine?
Q: What is Medrol 4mg tablet?
Q: Can I take Medrol tablet for weight gain?
Q: Can I take Medrol at night?
Q: Does Medrol raise blood pressure?
Q: Does Medrol 4mg cause indigestion?
- Medrone 4mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2023 [cited 18 February 2023]
- Methylprednisolone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2023 [cited 18 February 2023]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2023 [cited 18 February 2023]
- Prednisolone [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2023 [cited 18 February 2023]