Zempred 4mg Tablet
Zempred 4 MG Description
Zempred 4 tablet is a steroid medicine used to treat various allergic conditions like skin allergies, asthma and lung-related problems. It contains methylprednisolone as the active ingredient. You sh
uld take this medicine at the dose and duration as prescribed by the treating doctor. It is advised to complete the entire course of the treatment as per the doctor's directions. Do not stop the medicine abruptly, inform your doctor if you feel any discomfort. Your doctor may gradually reduce the dose of this medicine, before completing stopping the medicine. Before using the Zempred 4 tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Medrol 4mg TabletBy Pfizer Product India Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 52.59₹ 44.702% CHEAPER₹ 4.47/Tablet
- Nucort M 4mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 47.09₹ 40.0312% CHEAPER₹ 4.0/Tablet
- Jetpred 4mg TabletBy Walnut Life Sciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 46.00₹ 39.5613% CHEAPER₹ 3.96/Tablet
- Mp 4mg TabletBy Icon Lifesciences10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 59.00₹ 50.15₹ 5.02/Tablet
- Macpred 4mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 53.05₹ 50.40₹ 5.04/Tablet
- Dispred 4mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy J B Chemicals And Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 64.21₹ 54.58₹ 5.46/Tablet
- Predmet 4mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 54.00₹ 45.90₹ 4.59/Tablet
- Depotex 4mg TabletBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 58.00₹ 49.30₹ 4.93/Tablet
- Ivepred 4mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 54.00₹ 45.90₹ 4.59/Tablet
Uses of Zempred 4 MG
Contraindications of Zempred 4 MG
- If you are allergic to methylprednisolone, steroids or any other components of Zempred 4 tablet.
- If you are suffering from any kind of infection such as infection of the lungs, throat or food pipe.
- If you have any untreated infection.
- If you recently had or have an upcoming vaccination scheduled.
Side effects of Zempred 4 MG
- Increased risk for infections
- Stomach ulcers
- Thinning of the skin
- Water retention in the body
- Mood disorders
- Muscle weakness
- High blood pressure
- Delayed wound healing
Precautions and Warnings of Zempred 4 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are experiencing mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems including suicidal thoughts.
- You have an infection (such as fungal infection, measles, chickenpox, etc) and you are taking medicines to suppress the immune response. So it is advised to discuss your condition with a doctor.
- You are experiencing visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long-term use, there is a probability that you may develop a cataract.
- You are elderly, you have a heart problem, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- You develop any skin allergies and rise in blood sugar levels or you are diabetic.
- Zempred 4 tablet may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like the stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Mode of Action of Zempred 4 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zempred 4 MG
- Take Zempred 4 tablet exactly as prescribed by your physician.
- Do not stop it abruptly, as this can lead to side effects.
- Taking a dose higher or lower than prescribed is not advisable.
- It would be best if taken along with meals to avoid stomach discomfort.
Interactions of Zempred 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can alter the effectiveness of Zempred 4 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking anti-tubercular medicines, antibiotics, antihypertensive medicines, oral contraceptives, antacids and antidiabetic medicines.
- Immunosuppressants like ciclosporin and tacrolimus, you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine.
- Concomitant use of painkillers can cause the risk of stomach bleeding.
- Medicines used to treat muscle disorders (myasthenia gravis) such as distigmine, neostigmine and pancuronium, if taken along with Zempred 4 tablet, can lead to muscle weakness.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Zempred 4 MG
- Store the Zempred 4 tablet at room temperature and away from heat and moisture.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Zempred 4 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does the Zempred 4 tablet affect vaccinations?
Q: Can I stop taking Zempred 4 tablet on my own?
Q: Can Zempred 4 be used for children?
- CDSCO - Methylprednisolone [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 11 March 2022]
- Medrone 16mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 March 2022]
- Lactmed - Methylprednisolone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 11 March 2022]
- Medrone 16mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 March 2022]
- Medrol Tablet (methylprednisolone), USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 11 March 2022]
- DailyMed - METHYLPREDNISOLONE tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 11 March 2022]