Predmet 4mg Tablet
Predmet 4 MG Description
Predmet 4mg tablet is used to treat various allergic conditions, relieve pain and inflammation of various body parts. It contains methylprednisolone which belongs to a class of medications called ste
roids. Methylprednisolone acts by inhibiting the release of various chemical substances responsible for allergic and inflammatory conditions. Predmet 4mg tablet should be used cautiously by children below 18 years of age, as long term use may result in growth retardation. You should take this medicine as advised by your doctor, do not stop the medicine abruptly as it may result in withdrawal effects. Side effects of this medicine are mood swings, infections, weakness, weight gain. Mostly the side effects get resolved on their own over a short duration, however, if your condition deteriorates visit the nearest doctor or clinic.
|You Save||₹8.10 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(4.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Allergic condition, Pain, Inflammation|
|Side effects||Infection, weight gain, muscle weakness, increased blood pressure|
- Lypred 4mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 49.00₹ 41.659% CHEAPER₹ 4.17/Tablet
- Rednisol 4mg TabletBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 60.00₹ 39.0015% CHEAPER₹ 3.9/Tablet
- Metni 4mg TabletBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 51.40₹ 33.4127% CHEAPER₹ 3.34/Tablet
- Medrol 4mg TabletBy Pfizer Product India Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 52.59₹ 44.702% CHEAPER₹ 4.47/Tablet
- Nucort M 4mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 47.09₹ 40.0312% CHEAPER₹ 4.0/Tablet
- Jetpred 4mg TabletBy Walnut Life Sciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 46.00₹ 46.00₹ 4.6/Tablet
- Mp 4mg TabletBy Icon Lifesciences10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 64.00₹ 64.00₹ 6.4/Tablet
- Dispred 4mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy J B Chemicals And Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 64.21₹ 64.21₹ 6.42/Tablet
- Macpred 4mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 53.05₹ 50.40₹ 5.04/Tablet
- Zempred 4mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 54.00₹ 45.90₹ 4.59/Tablet
Uses of Predmet 4 MG
Contraindications of Predmet 4 MG
- If you are allergic to Methylprednisolone or any other ingredients of Predmet 4mg tablet.
- If you have a fungal infection or any other systemic infection.
- If you have administered a live or attenuated vaccine recently.
Side effects of Predmet 4 MG
- Facial puffiness
- Weight gain
- Fluid retention
- Altered mood
- Ulcer of stomach
- Muscle weakness
Precautions and Warnings of Predmet 4 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience any skin allergies and a rise in blood sugar levels or you are diabetic.
- You experience mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems including suicidal thoughts.
- You experience visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long term use, there is a probability that you may develop a cataract.
- You are elderly, you have a heart problem, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- It can impair the fertility of an individual, be cautious.
- You have a history of muscle weakness due to steroid therapy or have a condition called myasthenia gravis.
- Predmet 4mg tablet makes you more prone to infections, in case you already have an infection like fungal infection or you have measles or chickenpox or you are taking medicines to suppress immune responses discuss your condition with the doctor. ...
- Predmet 4mg tablet may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Mode of Action of Predmet 4 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Predmet 4 MG
- Take Predmet 4mg tablet as instructed by your doctor as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Predmet 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should not take any live vaccine while taking this medicine as it can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine.
- Antacids and antibiotics rifamycin and erythromycin can reduce the effect of this medicine.
- You may require a higher dose of this medicine if you are taking medicines to treat fits like phenobarbital, phenytoin.
- If you are taking antifungal medicines like amphotericin and ketoconazole, oral contraceptive medicines like ethinyl estradiol and norethindrone, antibiotics like troleandomycin and erythromycin, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, methotrexate you are more likely to experience the side effects of either of the medicine. ...
- There is an increased risk of stomach bleeding if you are taking painkillers or aspirin along with this medicine.
- You should be cautious if you are taking any anti-diabetic medicine like insulin, medicines to stop blood clotting, a water pill and thyroid medicine such as carbimazole and thiamazole, medicines for heart failure like digoxin....
- Somatropin a growth hormone if taken along with this medicine can inhibit its growth in an individual.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Predmet 4 MG
- Keep this medication away from children and pets.
- Store this medicine at room temperature not exceeding 25°C.
- Do not use this medicine post its expiration date.
- Follow medical waste management protocol at the time of disposal of this medicine.
- This medication does not require any special storage conditions.
Dosage of Predmet 4 MG
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider before starting Predmet 4mg tablet?
Q: Should I worry about vaccinations while taking Predmet 4mg tablet?
Q: Why is Predmet 4mg tablet unsafe during breastfeeding?
Q: Can Predmet 4mg tablet used for cough?
Q: Is Predmet 4mg tablet a steroid?
Q: What should I avoid while taking Predmet 4mg tablet?
Q: Can I take Predmet 4mg tablet on my own?
Q: Can Predmet be taken empty stomach?
Q: Can I stop Predmet suddenly?
Q: What is Predmet 4 mg tablet used for?
Q: How can I reduce the side effects of Predmet?
Q: Does Predmet cause sleeplessness?
Q: How does Predmet work?
Q: Can Predmet be used in pregnancy?
Q: When to take Predmet?
Q: Does Predmet cause weakness?
Q: How do you take Predmet tablets?
- Take Predmet tablet exactly as recommended by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break, cut or chew the medicine.
- You should not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
- Medrone 4 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 December 2021]
- CDSCO - Methylprednisolone [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 27 December 2021]
- LactMed - Methylprednisolone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 27 December 2021]
- Medrone 4 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 December 2021]
- Prednisolone [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 31 January 2022]