Ivepred 4mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ivepred Tablet contains methylprednisolone as its active ingredient. It belongs to the class of medicines called steroids that is used in various allergic conditions like skin allergies, asthma and lung-related problems. You should take this medicine in the correct dose and for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor. It is advised to complete the full course of the treatment as per the doctor's directions. You should not stop the medicine abruptly otherwise it can increase the risk of the symptoms returning. There are a few side effects also like stomach pain, diarrhoea, skin rash or facial swelling, etc. can be experienced while using this medication. If you experience persistent signs or any uneasiness while using this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately....
|You Save||₹9.72 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(4.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Increased risk for infections, high blood pressure, stomach ulcers, bloating|
Check more medicines with composition as Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(4.0 Mg)
9 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Ivepred 4mg Tablet
Uses of Ivepred 4 MG
- Ivepred Tablet is indicated for the treatment and/or suppression of inflammatory and allergic disorders associated with different organs. It is also helpful in various allergic ailments like asthma, skin allergies....
Contraindications of Ivepred 4 MG
If you are allergic to Ivepred Tablet, steroids or any other components of this medicine. If you are suffering from any kind of infection such as infection of the lungs, throat or food pipe. If you have any untreated infection. If you recently had or have an upcoming vaccination scheduled....
Side effects of Ivepred 4 MG
- Increased risk for infections
- High blood pressure
- Stomach ulcers
- Water retention in the body
- Mood disorders
- Muscle weakness
- Eye disorders like cataracts
- Thinning of the skin
- Delayed wound healing
Precautions and Warnings of Ivepred 4 MG
Can I take Ivepred Tablet during pregnancy?
The medicine should not be given to pregnant women unless it is considered necessary by the doctor.
Can I take Ivepred Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine may pass into breast milk in small amounts. Hence the use of this medicine is not recommended during breastfeeding unless it is absolutely necessary.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Ivepred Tablet?
This medicine can cause disorientation, confusion and mental problems. Therefore, if you experience any of these symptoms after taking this medicine, do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Ivepred Tablet?
There is no known interaction of the Ivepred Tablet with alcohol. It is advisable to consult your doctor before taking it.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Inform your doctor about your detailed history of a medical condition like heart-related disorder, allergies, fungal infections, bleeding disorders and osteoporosis.
- Ivepred Tablet can make you more prone to infections, especially if you already have an infection and you are taking medicines to suppress the immune response. So it is advised to discuss your condition with a doctor....
- You are elderly.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Mode of Action of Ivepred 4 MG
How Does It Work?
The medicine is effective against many diseases and works by reducing swelling, pain and redness. Methylprednisolone is a man-made steroid. It acts by suppressing the immune response in allergies and inflammation during organ transplantation. Steroids play a critical role in maintaining normal body functions during stress....
Directions for Use of Ivepred 4 MG
- Take Ivepred Tablet exactly as prescribed by your physician.
- Do not stop it abruptly, as this can lead to side effects.
- Taking a dose higher or lower than prescribed is not advisable.
- It would be best if taken along with meals to avoid stomach discomfort.
Interactions of Ivepred 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- There are certain medicines that can affect the activity of Ivepred Tablet when taken along with other medicines at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions. Especially, if you are taking anti-tubercular medicines, antibiotics, antihypertensive medicines, oral contraceptives, antacids and antidiabetic medicines....
- Immunosuppressants like Ciclosporin and Tacrolimus, you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine.
- Concomitant use of painkillers can cause the risk of stomach bleeding.
- Medicines used to treat muscle disorders (myasthenia gravis or muscle weakness) such as Distigmine, Neostigmine, and Pancuronium, if taken along with Ivepred Tablet, can lead to muscle weakness.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid having grapefruit juice, as it can cause adverse effects with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Ivepred 4 MG
- Keep the medicine at room temperature and away from extreme heat and moisture.
- Do not take this medicine after its expiry date which is mentioned on the medicine.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Ivepred 4 MG
Taking more than the prescribed dose can cause side effects, which can become severe over time. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember unless its time for your next dose. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my doctor before taking the Ivepred Tablet?
A: You must inform your doctor if you have diabetes, as this medicine may increase sugar levels or if you have recently received any live vaccines such as measle, mumps and rubella (MMR), chickenpox or flu.
Q: Does the Ivepred Tablet affect vaccinations?
A: The medicine can reduce the effectiveness of live or weakened vaccines. Hence, it is advisable to consult your doctor before taking any vaccine.
Q: What is the duration of the effect of this medicine?
A: The effect of this medicine lasts for approximately 36 hours.
Q: Can I stop taking Ivepred Tablet on my own if I feel my symptoms are recovering?
A: No, steroids therapy should not be stopped abruptly, your doctor will gradually reduce your dose before completely withdrawing this therapy.
Country of Origin
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.