Levorid D Tablet
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
2 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Levorid D Tablet is an anti-allergic medicine, used to provide relief from various allergic conditions such as a runny or blocked nose, watery eyes, fever, rash, sinus, common cold. Levorid D Tablet contains levocetirizine and phenylephrine as its active ingredients. This medicine acts by inhibiting the release of a chemical substance, histamine is known to cause allergic condition and also constrict the blood vessels within the nose. Do not take this medicine with other nasal decongestant and with medicine for high blood pressure, mental illness and heart problems. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor for the exact prescribed duration. Sometimes this medicine can cause drowsiness, sleepiness, a dry mouth. However, these side effects get resolved on their own.
Uses of Levorid D Tablet
Levorid D Tablet is used to treat allergic symptoms like sneezing, a runny nose, watering from eyes, throat irritation/pain and a stuffy nose.
Contraindications of Levorid D Tablet
- If you are allergic to phenylephrine, levocetirizine or any other ingredients of Levorid D Tablet.
- If you have severe kidney failure (kidneys not able to work properly).
- If you are taking medicines or took monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) within the last 14 days.
- If you have high blood pressure, hyperthyroidism or an enlarged prostate gland.
Side effects of Levorid D Tablet
- A dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
- Increased blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Levorid D Tablet
Can I take Levorid D Tablet during pregnancy?
It is recommended not to take Levorid D Tablet, unless it is advised by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Levorid D Tablet while breastfeeding?
Levorid D Tablet may pass into the breastmilk and could produce undesirable effects on a nursing baby. Consult your doctor before using it while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Levorid D Tablet?
If you may experience blurring of vision and drowsiness after taking Levorid D Tablet, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Levorid D Tablet?
No, Levorid D Tablet produces drowsiness as a side effect so if you use it along with alcohol, it may exaggerate the drowsiness and also increase the chances of liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart problems or aneurysms (weakness and bulging of the wall of the artery).
- You have high blood pressure.
- You have diabetes mellitus or any of its complications.
- You have glaucoma (increased pressure in the eyes).
- You have inflammation of the liver (hepatitis) or pancreas (pancreatitis).
- You have liver disease.
Mode of Action of Levorid D Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Histamine is one of the main chemicals which gets released in the body and produces allergic symptoms. Levocetirizine blocks the effect of histamine and improves the symptoms related to allergy, like sneezing, redness and watering from the eyes.read less
- Phenylephrine being a decongestant medicine constricts the blood vessels of the nose and throat and helps in relieving redness, throat pain and stuffiness.
- A combination of these medicine controls the symptoms related to allergic rhinitis.
Directions for Use of Levorid D Tablet
Levorid D Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Levorid D Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Levorid D Tablet and MAO inhibitors such as selegiline, rasagiline used for mental illness can cause a life-threatening condition that can occur rapidly, thus should be avoided.
- Other sympathomimetic or decongestant medicines should not be used together with this medicine, as they increase the chances of heart-related side effects.
- The use of digoxin and other medicines used in heart problems increases the risk of irregular heartbeats and heart attack when used together with Levorid D Tablet.
- Concomitant use of Levorid D Tablet and ergot alkaloids used in migraine, increases the chances of sudden increases in blood pressure. Hence, they should be avoided.
- Some medicines can affect the way Levorid D Tablet works or Levorid D Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Levorid D Tablet
- Store it at below 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Levorid D Tablet
An overdose may also produce symptoms like abdominal pain, diarrhoea, dizziness, fatigue, headache, dilatation of pupils, vomiting, sleepiness, abnormal heart rhythms. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed taking any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it’s time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Levorid D Tablet be taken continuously?
A: You should take Levorid D Tablet for the prescribed duration, as advised by your doctor.
Q: Can we use Levorid D Tablet in elder individuals?
A: Elder patients are more prone to side effects. Conditions like glaucoma, prostate problem, liver and kidney diseases are more prevalent in the elder population, which can aggravate the side effects of Levorid D Tablet. Thus, you should always consult a doctor before using it in elder patients.
Q: Can Levorid D Tablet make you sleepy?
A: Medicines along with desired effects possess side effects as well, but not everyone gets affected. Yes, drowsiness is a common side effect of Levorid D Tablet. If the drowsiness starts hampering your daily life, consult your doctor who might suggest other anti-allergic medicines which do not cause sleepiness.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 27 Apr 2021 | 12:26 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved