Lecef 250mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
By MICRO LABS
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lecef Capsule is an antibiotic medicine and is used to treat various bacterial infections such as infections of lungs, respiratory tract, urinary tract, skin and pneumonia. It contains cephalexin (cefalexin) as its active component. Lecef Capsule works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, the absence of cell wall leads to the death of bacteria and cure of infection. Do not use it if you are allergic to Cephalexin or penicillin antibiotics. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Before using Lecef Capsule, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
|You Save||₹9.00 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Cephalexin / Cefalexin(250.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Cephalexin / Cefalexin(250.0 Mg)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Lecef 250mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Uses of Lecef 250 MG
Lecef Capsule is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the chest, lungs, respiratory tract, skin, urinary tract.
Contraindications of Lecef 250 MG
If you are allergic to Cephalexin or any other ingredients of Lecef Capsule. If you are allergic to any other cephalosporin group of antibiotics like Ceftriaxone or Cefuroxime.
Side effects of Lecef 250 MG
Nausea and diarrhoea (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Lecef 250 MG
Can I take Lecef Capsule during pregnancy?
Lecef Capsule should not be used in pregnancy unless it is considered essential by your physician. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits of cefalexin over risks.
Can I take Lecef Capsule while breastfeeding?
Cephalexin passes into the breastmilk in a very small amounts. So, caution should be exercised while giving Lecef Capsule to a nursing mother. If you are taking this medicine during breastfeeding, watch for diarrhoea in a newborn baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Lecef Capsule?
It does not influence driving ability, but if you experience dizziness after taking Lecef Capsule, you should avoid the drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Lecef Capsule?
Alcohol consumption with Lecef Capsule can increase the side effect like dizziness & nausea. You should avoid alcohol while on this treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergy to Lecef Capsule or any other antibiotics like penicillin, as much caution is required in such patients.
- You have liver or kidney problems; your doctor may adjust the dose accordingly.
- You experience any allergic reaction like skin rashes, etc. which may appear at the start of the treatment; the doctor may discontinue the medicine.
- Complete the course of the antibiotic even if you are feeling better after a few doses. Not completing the course of antibiotics can lead to resistance.
- If you get persistent diarrhoea, immediately inform your doctor.
- You find any other superinfection occurs during the treatment; the doctor should take appropriate measures. It may impair your blood test reports. So, talk to your doctor before any lab tests.
Mode of Action of Lecef 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Cephalexin in Lecef Capsule fights a wide range of bacterial infections by killing the bacteria. It acts by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis, which ultimately leads to the death of bacteria....
Directions for Use of Lecef 250 MG
- Lecef Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or after food.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Lecef 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Lecef Capsule may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please inform your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines and herbal preparations.
- Medicine used to treat gout such as probenecid should be used cautiously. Concomitant use of antibiotics such as streptomycin, gentamycin, water pills such as furosemide can increase the risk of kidney problems....
Storage and disposal of Lecef 250 MG
- Store Lecef Capsule below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Lecef 250 MG
Symptoms of an overdose may include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea or blood in the urine. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken an excessive dose of Lecef Capsule, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your dose of antibiotics, as it may lead to treatment failure.
- If you have missed taking any dose of Lecef Capsule, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking Lecef Capsule?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your physician if you have any liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning a pregnancy.
- Lecef Capsule may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
Q: Can Lecef Capsule affect my blood test values?
A: Yes, Lecef Capsule may affect your blood result values. Talk to your doctor if you are taking this medicine before doing any blood test.
Q: Can I stop taking Lecef Capsule on my own?
A: No, do not stop taking Lecef Capsule on your own, as this may lead to antibiotic resistance and treatment failure. Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.