Lametec Dt 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Lametec 25 MG Description
Lametec 25 DT tablet is an anti-epileptic medication. It is used in the management of epilepsy and bipolar disorder. It contains lamotrigine as the active ingredient. Epilepsy is a condition where th
ere are brief occurrences of loss or disturbance of consciousness with or without convulsions. Lametec 25 DT tablet works by decreasing the abnormal impulses from the nerves in the brain and helps in preventing seizures/fits and mood swings. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take more than the recommended dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before starting Lametec 25 DT tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹14.27 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Epilepsy/fits, bipolar disorder|
|Side effects||Headache, sleepiness, nausea, dizziness|
Uses of Lametec 25 MG
Contraindications of Lametec 25 MG
Side effects of Lametec 25 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Lametec 25 MG
- Lametec 25 DT tablet should only be used during pregnancy if recommended by the doctor. Thus, consult your doctor before using this medicine if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant, or are planning a pregnancy. Women capable of having children should use effective birth control measures during the treatment period....
Other General Warnings
- You observe any rashes after taking Lametec 25 DT tablet.
- You experience any behavioural changes or mood changes.
- You are suffering from a condition called Brugada syndrome.
- You have a known history of kidney problems.
- You are on a medication that contains lamotrigine.
- You develop any suicidal thoughts after taking this medicine.
- You have ever developed meningitis after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Lametec 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lametec 25 MG
- Lametec 25 DT tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Lametec 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Lametec 25 DT tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking hormonal contraceptives, antibiotics, other medicines to treat fits or epilepsy or other psychiatric illnesses, HIV infection, etc.
Storage and disposal of Lametec 25 MG
- Store Lametec 25 DT tablet below 25°C in a dry place, protected from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Lametec 25 MG
- An overdose of the Lametec 25 DT tablet can lead to serious side effects such as lack of coordination, rapid, uncontrollable eye movements, unconsciousness, fits (convulsions).
- If you experience any such side effects or have taken an overdose of this medicine, immediately reported to your treating doctor or nearby hospital.
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss a dose of the Lametec 25 DT tablet.
- However, if you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is epilepsy?
Q: What is bipolar disorder?
Q: What is the use of the Lametec 25 DT tablet?
Q: What time during the day should I take Lametec 25 DT?
Q: Can I take Lametec 25 DT if I am taking other medicines?
- Lamotrigine tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 04 November 2022]
- LAMETEC DT Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 04 November 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 04 November 2022]
- Lamotrigine tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 04 November 2022]