Lambin 10mg Injection
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
10ml Solution For Injection in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lambin 10 MG Description
Lambin Solution For Injection is an antifungal medication. It contains amphotericin B as the active ingredient. Amphotericin B is prescribed for the treatment of serious fungal infections. This medic
ine works by slowing down the growth of fungus. Lambin Solution For Injection is to be administered by a doctor or nurse in a clinical setting only. The doses and duration are determined by the doctor after accessing your condition. Inform your doctor about your complete medical history before initiating the treatment.
|You Save||₹278.10 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Amphotericin B(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Serious fungal infections, kala-azar|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, vomiting, rash, chills|
Check more medicines with composition as Amphotericin B(10.0 Mg)
Uses of Lambin 10 MG
- Serious fungal infections
- Kala azar (visceral leishmaniasis)
Contraindications of Lambin 10 MG
If you are allergic to amphotericin B or ingredients present along with it.
Side effects of Lambin 10 MG
- Decrease in serum potassium levels
- Pain or swelling at the injection site
Precautions and Warnings of Lambin 10 MG
Can I take Lambin Solution For Injection during pregnancy?
There is limited safety information available about use of the Lambin Solution For Injection in pregnant women.
Can I take Lambin Solution For Injection while breastfeeding?
It is not known if the component of this medicine passes in breastmilk. Consult your doctor before taking this injection if you are a lactating woman.
Can I drive if I have taken Lambin Solution For Injection?
This injection is usually given to an individual who is being treated in a healthcare set up and their health condition may not allow them to drive. However, Lambin Solution For Injection does not have any effect on the driving ability of an individual.
Can I consume alcohol if I have taken Lambin Solution For Injection?
Although the interaction of the Lambin Solution For Injection with alcohol is not known, it is advisable to consult your doctor if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a liver or kidney-related disorder.
- You experience skin allergy and rashes after taking this medicine.
- Amphotericin B must not be used for superficial fungal infections.
- When on treatment with the Lambin Solution For Injection, your doctor may ask you to perform blood tests to monitor your potassium, magnesium levels and kidney function.
Mode of Action of Lambin 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Lambin Solution For Injection contains amphotericin B, an antifungal medicine. Amphotericin B binds to the fungal cells and makes them more porous that leads to the leakage of cell components and fungal cell death....
Directions for Use of Lambin 10 MG
- Lambin Solution For Injection will be administered by a doctor in a clinical or a hospital setting.
- Please follow any after-care instructions given by your doctor or nurse.
Interactions of Lambin 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the Lambin works or Lambin itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat cancer, high blood pressure, heart conditions, immunosuppressants, pain killers, muscle relaxants and steroids.
Storage and disposal of Lambin 10 MG
- Store it in temperatures between 2-8 degrees celsius away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Lambin 10 MG
This medicine is given/administered by a trained health care professional. The likelihood of an overdose is very low.
Missed a Dose
This medicine is given/administered by a trained health care professional at the appropriate time in a hospital or clinic. The likelihood of missing a dose is very low.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Lambin Solution For Injection?
A: Lambin Solution For Injection is an anti-fungal medication. It contains amphotericin B as the active ingredient. It is used to treat serious fungal infections or visceral leishmaniasis commonly known as kala-azar in India.
Q: How is Lambin Solution For Injection given?
A: Lambin Solution For Injection is given as an intravenous injection or infusion by a doctor or nurse in a hospital or clinic. An allergy test is usually performed by administering an initial test dose before initiating the treatment. If no allergic reactions develop, the doctor or nurse will continue with the treatment.
Q: How Lambin Solution For Injection works?
A: Lambin Solution For Injection is an antifungal medicine containing amphotericin B as its active ingredient. It works by binding to the fungal cells and makes them more porous leading to the leakage of cell components and fungal cell death.
- Ampholip [Internet]. Bharatserums.com. 2021 [cited 14 May 2021].
- AmBisome Liposomal 50 mg Powder for dispersion for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 May 2021]
- DailyMed - AMBISOME- amphotericin b injection, powder, lyophilized, for solution [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 14 May 2021].
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 14 May 2021].
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed