L Pred Eye Drops 5ml
By ALLERGAN INDIA PVT LTD
5ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
L Pred 0.5 %W/V Description
L-pred Ophthalmic suspension contains loteprednol as an active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of inflammation of the eye after surgery. You should not use this medicine if you are allergic
to loteprednol or if you have any fungal or viral infection. Before starting with L-pred Ophthalmic suspension, inform your doctor about all other medicines, you are taking and if you have any other eye conditions. Avoiding wearing contact lenses while instilling these eye drops.
|You Save||₹34.08 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Swelling of eyes post surgery|
|Side effects||Eyes discharge, dry eyes, itching, redness, burning sensation|
Check more medicines with composition as Loteprednol(0.5 %W/V)
Uses of L Pred 0.5 %W/V
For the treatment of inflammation of the eye, after surgery
Contraindications of L Pred 0.5 %W/V
- If you are allergic to loteprednol or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you have eye diseases caused by viruses
- If you have a history of eye infection caused by bacterial or fungal
- If you are allergic to any other corticosteroid
Side effects of L Pred 0.5 %W/V
- Eye disorders like discharge from eyes, dry eyes, itching, redness, burning sensation
Precautions and Warnings of L Pred 0.5 %W/V
Can I use L-pred Opthalmic suspension during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine in pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I use L-pred Opthalmic suspension while breastfeeding?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine regarding breastfeeding. It is advisable not to breastfeed during the treatment and to consult a doctor.
Can I drive if I have instilled L-pred Opthalmic suspension?
It does not affectyour driving ability. Do not drive until your vision becomes clear after installing L-pred Opthalmic suspension.
Can I consume alcohol with L-pred Opthalmic suspension?
No interactions are seen with the use of alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from high pressure inside the eyes (glaucoma).
- You experience impaired vision or double vision, eye irritation.
- You need to avoid wearing contact lenses while using the eye drops.
- You don't feel any improvement even after prolonged use.
- It should not be usd for more than prescribed duration, as prolonged use can lead to cataract, vsion problem or glaucoma.
Mode of Action of L Pred 0.5 %W/V
How Does It Work?
L-pred Ophthalmic suspension works by relieving symptoms such as swelling, redness and itching and inhibits inflammatory response to a variety of inciting agents.
Directions for Use of L Pred 0.5 %W/V
- Use this medicine as instructed by your doctor. Follow directions carefully & do not miss doses. Use the exact number of drops recommended.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying. Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean. Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
Interactions of L Pred 0.5 %W/V
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of L-pred Ophthalmic suspension with medicines used for the paralysis of the ciliary muscle of the eye may increase the risk of high pressure inside the eyes.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat a variety of conditions like stomach/intestinal cramps, muscular spasms, difficulty in urination or asthma, may cause an adverse effect on eyes like high pressure inside the eye....
Storage and disposal of L Pred 0.5 %W/V
- Do not store above 25°C Do not freeze...
- Store the container in an upright position
Dosage of L Pred 0.5 %W/V
As this medicine is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have instilled extra quantities of it, then wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not instill a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take before using L-pred Opthalmic suspension?
A: Wash your hands properly. Do not touch the dropper's surface. Shake L-pred Opthalmic suspension well before using it. After instilling the eye drop, apply pressure on the corner of the eyes immediately for a few seconds.
Q: Can we use L-pred Opthalmic suspension in pregnancy?
A: Information regarding the use of Loteprednol eye drops in pregnancy is not available. Do not use unless prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can L-pred Opthalmic suspension be used with contact lenses?
A: No, you should remove contact lenses and then instil Travatan eye drops.
- Lotemax 0.5% w/v Eye Drops, Suspension - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 August 2021]
- Lotemax 0.5% w/v Eye Drops, Suspension - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 August 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 1 Aug 2021]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed