Krimson 35mg Strip Of 21 Tablets
Krimson 35 mg tablet is a hormonal preparation that is used to treat androgenic hormone-dependent disorders such as acne, alopecia (hair loss or baldness), hirsutism (excessive growth of coarse and dark hair in females) and irregular periods. It is a combination medicine containing cyproterone and ethinylestradiol.
Androgen is a male sex hormone that is produced in a small amount in females under normal conditions. It is essential for maintaining some reproductive functions, bone mass and other physiological behaviours in women. Androgen-dependent disorders occur due to the increased levels of the male sex hormone (androgen) in females.
Krimson 35 mg tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history. Diane 35 tablet, Ginette 35 tablet, My Pill tablet, Carpela tablet and Elestra tablet also have a combination of cyproterone and ethinylestradiol.
|You Save||₹66.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Cyproterone(2.0 Mg) + Ethinylestradiol(0.035 Mg)|
|Uses||Hirsutism & alopecia|
|Side effects||Nausea, stomach ache, weight gain, headache, feeling low|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN DISEASE|
Uses of KRIMSON 35MG STRIP OF 21 TABLETS
Contraindications of KRIMSON 35MG STRIP OF 21 TABLETS
- If you are using any hormonal contraceptive pills.
- If you are allergic to ethinylestradiol or cyproterone or any other ingredients of Krimson 35 mg tablet.
- If you have or had a blood clot in your leg (thrombosis) or lung (pulmonary embolism).
- If you had a heart attack or stroke.
- If you have a history of getting migraine attacks.
- If you have an eye-related disorder or vision problem.
- If you suffer from sickle cell anaemia (abnormal red blood cells).
- If you have a lipid metabolism disorder (high blood cholesterol or fats).
- If you have or had breast cancer.
- If you suffer from abnormal vaginal bleeding of unknown cause.
- If you have any liver disease or liver tumours or hepatitis C infection.
Side effects of KRIMSON 35MG STRIP OF 21 TABLETS
- Stomach ache
- Weight gain
- Feeling low
- Mood swings
- Breast pain
- Breast tenderness
Precautions and Warnings of KRIMSON 35MG STRIP OF 21 TABLETS
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from mood or any brain-related disorders.
- You have varicose veins or inflamed veins (phlebitis).
- You have diabetes, high blood pressure (hypertension) or fits (epilepsy).
- You have an inherited form of deafness known as otosclerosis.
- You have nervous system problems like multiple sclerosis.
- You have cramps caused by calcium deficiency (tetany).
- You have a movement disorder called Sydenham’s chorea.
- You are suffering from a condition like asthma, migraine, gallstones
- You have an immune system-related chronic inflammatory disease known as Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE).
- You have a disorder of inherited disorder of haemoglobin metabolism (porphyria).
- You have breast problems, past or present or your family has had breast cancer.
- You have any heart or circulation problems or has anyone in your family had any illness caused by blood clots, heart attack or stroke at a young age.
- You have kidney diseases, liver-related disorders or you are overweight (obese).
Directions for Use of KRIMSON 35MG STRIP OF 21 TABLETS
Storage and disposal of KRIMSON 35MG STRIP OF 21 TABLETS
- Krimson 35 mg tablet is to be stored in a cool and dry place away from sunlight, heat, and moisture.
- Keep these medicines away from children and pets.
Quick Tips of KRIMSON 35MG STRIP OF 21 TABLETS
- Krimson 35 mg tablet is used to treat symptoms of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), such as acne, excessive hair growth (hirsutism), and irregular periods.
- This tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
- Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to ethinylestradiol or cyproterone, or any other ingredients of Krimson 35mg tablet.
- Stomach aches, rashes, nausea, vomiting, and headache can occur as side effects of this medicine. Inform your doctor if the side effects do not resolve with time.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
Dosage of KRIMSON 35MG STRIP OF 21 TABLETS
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of KRIMSON 35MG STRIP OF 21 TABLETS
How Does It Work?
- Krimson 35 mg tablet has anti-androgenic action. Ethinylestradiol is a synthetic female sex hormone, and it reduces the levels of male sex hormones (androgens).
- Cyproterone blocks the actions of male sex hormones (androgens) and reduces the number of male sex hormones produced by the body.
Interactions of KRIMSON 35MG STRIP OF 21 TABLETS
Interactions with other medicines
- Women taking Krimson 35 mg tablet for a short duration should use additional physical barriers for contraception during the treatment and 28 days after their discontinuation.
- Women taking this tablet for long-term treatment should use other means of contraception. Discuss with your doctor for more information.
- Antibiotics (Ampicillin, Rifampicin, and Tetracycline), Antifungals (such as Griseofulvin), and medicines used for brain-related disorders (Phenytoin, Primidone, Phenobarbitone, Barbiturates), and anti-viral medicines (Ritonavir and Nelfinavir) should be used cautiously....
- Etoricoxib used in arthritis can raise the levels of Krimson in the body. Krimson 35 mg tablets can increase the levels of cyclosporin or decrease the levels of lamotrigine. Discuss with your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines....
- Krimson 35 mg tablet may interact with several medicines. Please inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal medicines you are taking while on treatment with this tablet
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Krimson 35 mg tablets take after pregnancy is detected?
Q: Does Krimson 35mg tablets cause weight gain?
Q: How does Krimson 35 mg tablet work?
Q: Is Krimson 35 harmful if anyone gets pregnant in between the treatment?
Q: Is Krimson 35 mg tablet a birth control pill?
Q: I have been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Can I take Krimson 35 mg tablets?
Q: Can Krimson 35 mg tablets cause acne?
Q: Can I take Krimson 35 for irregular periods?
Q: Is there any side effects of Krimson 35?
Q: What is Krimson 35 mg tablet used for?
Q: How long can you take Krimson 35?
- CDSCO - Cyproterone+Ethinylestradiol [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 December 2021]
- Co-cyprindiol 2000/35 Tablets (cyproterone acetate and ethinylestradiol) - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 December 2021]
- Co-cyprindiol 2000/35 Tablets (cyproterone acetate and ethinylestradiol) - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 December 2021]