Ginette 35mg Tablet
Ginette 35mg Tablet Description
Ginette 35 tablet is a hormonal pill. Ginette 35 is used to treat androgenic hormone-dependent disorders such as acne, alopecia (hair loss or baldness), hirsutism (excessive growth of coarse and dark
hair in females) and irregular periods. It is a combination medicine containing cyproterone and ethinylestradiol. Androgen is a male sex hormone that is produced in a small amount in females under normal conditions. Androgen dependent disorders occur due to the increased levels of the male sex hormone (androgen) in females. Ginette 35 tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹82.84 (20% on MRP)|
|Contains||Cyproterone(2.0 Mg) + Ethinylestradiol(0.035 Mg)|
|Uses||Hirsutism & alopecia|
|Side effects||Nausea, stomach ache, weight gain, headache, feeling low|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN DISEASE|
Uses of Ginette 35mg Tablet
Contraindications of Ginette 35mg Tablet
- If you are using any hormonal contraceptive pills.
- If your allergic to ethinylestradiol or cyproterone or any other ingredients of Ginette 35 tablet.
- If you have or had a blood clot in your leg (thrombosis) or lung (pulmonary embolism).
- If you had a heart attack or stroke.
- If you have a history of getting migraine attacks.
- If you have an eye-related disorder or vision problem.
- If you suffer from sickle cell anaemia (abnormal red blood cells).
- If you have lipid metabolism disorder (high blood cholesterol or fats).
- If you have or had breast cancer.
- If you suffer from abnormal vaginal bleeding of unknown cause.
- If you have any liver disease or liver tumours or hepatitis C infection.
Side effects of Ginette 35mg Tablet
- Stomach ache
- Weight gain
- Feeling low
- Mood swings
- Breast pain
- Breast tenderness
Precautions and Warnings of Ginette 35mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from mood or any brain-related disorders.
- You have varicose veins or inflamed veins (phlebitis).
- You have diabetes, high blood pressure (hypertension) or fits (epilepsy).
- You have an inherited form of deafness known as otosclerosis.
- You have nervous system problems like multiple sclerosis.
- You have cramps caused by calcium deficiency (tetany).
- You have a movement disorder called Sydenham’s chorea.
- You are suffering from a condition like asthma, migraine, gall stones
- You have an immune system-related chronic inflammatory disease known as Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE).
- You have a disorder of inherited disorder of haemoglobin metabolism (porphyria).
- You have breast problems, past or present or your family has had breast cancer.
- You have any heart or circulation problems or anyone in your family had any illness caused by blood clots, heart attack or stroke at a young age.
- You have kidney diseases, liver-related disorders or you are overweight (obese).
Mode of Action of Ginette 35mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Ginette 35 tablet has anti-androgenic action. Ethinylestradiol is a synthetic female sex hormone, and it reduces the levels of male sex hormones (androgens).
- Cyproterone blocks the actions of male sex hormones (androgens) and reduces the number of male sex hormones produced by the body.
Directions for Use of Ginette 35mg Tablet
Interactions of Ginette 35mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Women taking Ginette 35 tablet for a short duration should use additional physical barriers for contraception during the treatment and 28 days after their discontinuation.
- Women taking this tablet on a long term treatment should use other means of contraception. Discuss with your doctor for more information.
- Antibiotics (Ampicillin, Rifampicin, and Tetracycline), Antifungals (such as Griseofulvin), medicines used for brain-related disorders (Phenytoin, Primidone, Phenobarbitone, Barbiturates) and anti-viral medicines (Ritonavir and Nelfinavir) should be used cautiously....
- Etoricoxib used in arthritis can raise the levels of Ginette in the body. Ginette 35 tablets can increase the levels of cyclosporin or decrease the levels of lamotrigine. Discuss with your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines....
- Ginette 35 tablet may interact with several medicines. Please inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal medicines you are taking while on treatment with this tablet.
Storage and disposal of Ginette 35mg Tablet
- Ginette 35 tablet is to be stored in a cool and dry place away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep these medicines away from children and pets.
Dosage of Ginette 35mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Ginette 35 mg tablets cause acne?
Q: Can I take Ginette 35 for irregular periods?
Q: Does Ginette 35mg tablets cause weight gain?
- CDSCO - Cyproterone+Ethinylestradiol [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 11 January 2022]
- Co-cyprindiol 2000/35 Tablets (cyproterone acetate and ethinylestradiol) - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 January 2022]
- Co-cyprindiol 2000/35 Tablets (cyproterone acetate and ethinylestradiol) - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 January 2022]