My Pill Tablet
My Pill Tablet Description
My Pill Tablet is a combination medicine containing Cyproterone and Ethinylestradiol. Ethinylestradiol is a synthetic female sex hormone and reduces male sex hormone (androgens) in females. Cyprotero
e is responsible for blocking the actions of the male sex hormone (androgen). My Pill Tablet is used to treat androgenic hormone-dependent disorders such as Acne, Alopecia (Hair loss or Baldness), and Hirsutism (Excessive growth of coarse and dark hairs in females). You should not use this medicine if you are pregnant or planning for a baby or you are a breastfeeding mother.
|You Save||₹44.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Cyproterone(2.0 Mg) + Ethinylestradiol(0.035 Mg)|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN DISEASE|
Uses of My Pill Tablet
Contraindications of My Pill Tablet
- If you are using any hormonal contraceptive pills
- If you are allergic to Ethinylestradiol or Cyproterone
- If you have or had a blood clot in your leg (thrombosis) or lung (pulmonary embolism)
- If you had a heart attack or stroke
- If you have a history of getting migraine attacks
- If you have an eye-related disorder or vision problem
- If you suffer from sickle cell anaemia (abnormal red blood cells)
- If you have lipid metabolism disorder (high blood cholesterol or fats)
- If you have or had breast cancer
- If you suffer from abnormal vaginal bleeding of unknown cause
- If you have any liver disease or liver tumours or hepatitis C infection
Side effects of My Pill Tablet
- Abdominal pain
- Weight gain
- Breast pain
- Breast tenderness
- Feeling low
- Mood swings
Precautions and Warnings of My Pill Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from any brain-related disorders.
- You have varicose veins or inflamed veins (phlebitis).
- You have diabetes, high blood pressure (hypertension) or fits (epilepsy).
- You have inherited form of deafness known as otosclerosis.
- You have nervous system problems like multiple sclerosis.
- You have cramps caused by calcium deficiency (tetany).
- You have a movement disorder called Sydenham’s chorea.
- You have breast problems, past or present or family has had breast cancer.
- You have any heart or circulation problems, or anyone in your family had any illness caused by blood clots, heart attack or stroke at a young age.
- You have kidney diseases, liver-related disorders or you are overweight (obese).
Mode of Action of My Pill Tablet
How Does It Work?
- My Pill Tablet has anti-androgenic action. Ethinylestradiol is a synthetic female sex hormone, and it reduces the levels of male sex hormones (androgens).
- Cyproterone blocks the actions of male sex hormones (androgens) and reduces the number of male sex hormones produced by the body.
Directions for Use of My Pill Tablet
- My Pill Tablet is taken orally with a sufficient amount of water.
- Its dosage and frequency should be followed as per physician instructions.
Interactions of My Pill Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Antibiotics (Ampicillin, Rifampicin, and Tetracycline), Antifungals (such as Griseofulvin), medicines used for brain-related disorders (Phenytoin, Primidone, Phenobarbitone, Barbiturates), and anti-viral medicines (Ritonavir and Nelfinavir) should be used cautiously....
- Etoricoxib used in arthritis can raise the levels of this medicine in the body. My Pill Tablets can increase the levels of cyclosporin or decrease the levels of lamotrigine. Discuss with your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines....
- My Pill Tablet may interact with several medicines. Please inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal medicines you are taking while on treatment with this tablet.
- Women taking this medicine for a short duration should use additional physical barriers for contraception during the treatment and 28 days after their discontinuation.
- Women taking this tablet for a long term treatment should use other means of contraception. Discuss with your doctor for more information.
Storage and disposal of My Pill Tablet
- My Pill Tablet is to be stored in a cool and dry place away from sunlight, heat, and moisture.
- Keep these medicines away from children and pets.