Diane 35mg Strip Of 21 Tablets
By BAYER ZYDUS PHARMA
21 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Diane 35 Tablet is a combination medicine containing Cyproterone and Ethinylestradiol. Ethinylestradiol is a synthetic female sex hormone and reduces male sex hormone (androgens) in females. Cyproterone is responsible for blocking the actions of the male sex hormone (androgen). Diane 35 Tablet is used to treat androgenic hormone-dependent disorders such as Acne, Alopecia (Hair loss or Baldness), and Hirsutism (Excessive growth of coarse and dark hairs in females). You should not use this medicine if you are pregnant or planning for a baby or you are a breastfeeding mother.
Uses of Diane 35mg Strip Of 21 Tablets
For the treatment of Androgen hormone-dependent acne, hirsutism & alopecia
Contraindications of Diane 35mg Strip Of 21 Tablets
- If you are using any hormonal contraceptive pills
- If you are allergic to Ethinylestradiol or Cyproterone
- If you have or had a blood clot in your leg (thrombosis) or lung (pulmonary embolism)
- If you had a heart attack or stroke
- If you have a history of getting migraine attacks
- If you have an eye-related disorder or vision problem
- If you suffer from sickle cell anaemia (abnormal red blood cells)
- If you have lipid metabolism disorder (high blood cholesterol or fats)
- If you have or had breast cancer
- If you suffer from abnormal vaginal bleeding of unknown cause
- If you have any liver disease or liver tumours or hepatitis C infection
Side effects of Diane 35mg Strip Of 21 Tablets
- Abdominal pain
- Weight gain
- Breast pain
- Breast tenderness
- Feeling low
- Mood swings
Precautions and Warnings of Diane 35mg Strip Of 21 Tablets
Can I take Diane 35 Tablet during pregnancy?
Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby. If pregnancy is detected during the treatment with Diane 35 Tablet, discontinue the medicine and inform your doctor.
Can I take Diane 35 Tablet while breastfeeding?
Do not take Diane 35 Tablet while you are breastfeeding. This medicine can alter milk production in lactating women.
Can I drive if I have consumed Diane 35 Tablet?
There is no information available on the effect of Diane 35 Tablet on the driving abilities of an individual.
Can I consume alcohol with Diane 35 Tablet?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from any brain-related disorders.
- You have varicose veins or inflamed veins (phlebitis).
- You have diabetes, high blood pressure (hypertension) or fits (epilepsy).
- You have inherited form of deafness known as otosclerosis.
- You have nervous system problems like multiple sclerosis.
- You have cramps caused by calcium deficiency (tetany).
- You have a movement disorder called Sydenham’s chorea.
- You have breast problems, past or present or family has had breast cancer.
- You have any heart or circulation problems, or anyone in your family had any illness caused by blood clots, heart attack or stroke at a young age.
- You have kidney diseases, liver-related disorders or you are overweight (obese).
Mode of Action of Diane 35mg Strip Of 21 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Diane 35 Tablet has anti-androgenic action. Ethinylestradiol is a synthetic female sex hormone, and it reduces the levels of male sex hormones (androgens).
- Cyproterone blocks the actions of male sex hormones (androgens) and reduces the number of male sex hormones produced by the body.
Directions for Use of Diane 35mg Strip Of 21 Tablets
- Diane 35 Tablet is taken orally with a sufficient amount of water.
- Its dosage and frequency should be followed as per physician instructions.
Interactions of Diane 35mg Strip Of 21 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Antibiotics (Ampicillin, Rifampicin, and Tetracycline), Antifungals (such as Griseofulvin), medicines used for brain-related disorders (Phenytoin, Primidone, Phenobarbitone, Barbiturates), and anti-viral medicines (Ritonavir and Nelfinavir) should be used cautiously.read less
- Etoricoxib used in arthritis can raise the levels of this medicine in the body. Diane 35 Tablets can increase the levels of cyclosporin or decrease the levels of lamotrigine. Discuss with your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines.read less
- Diane 35 Tablet may interact with several medicines. Please inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal medicines you are taking while on treatment with this tablet.
- Women taking this medicine for a short duration should use additional physical barriers for contraception during the treatment and 28 days after their discontinuation.
- Women taking this tablet for a long term treatment should use other means of contraception. Discuss with your doctor for more information.
Storage and disposal of Diane 35mg Strip Of 21 Tablets
- Diane 35 Tablet is to be stored in a cool and dry place away from sunlight, heat, and moisture.
- Keep these medicines away from children and pets.
Dosage of Diane 35mg Strip Of 21 Tablets
The overdose of Diane 35 Tablet may lead to severe health complications. Do not take more than the recommended dosage. Taking an excessive dose of this medicine may lead to prolonged side effects. In case of an overdose, immediately contact your doctor or reach out to a nearby healthcare centre.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as early as you remember. Skip the missed dose & do not take extra medicine due to the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Diane 35 Tablet take after pregnancy is detected?
A: No, you should not take this medicine once pregnancy is confirmed, and pregnancy should be completed before starting treatment with Diane 35 Tablet.
Q: Does Diane 35 Tablet cause weight gain?
A: Yes, weight gain is one of the common side effects of this medicine. It is mostly due to fluid retention and should come back to normal condition after discontinuation of the treatment.
Q: How does Diane 35 Tablet work?
A: It has an anti-androgenic action. It reduces the production and circulating levels of male sex hormones and helps in controlling diseases associated with increased androgen levels.
Q: Is Diane 35 Tablet harmful if anyone gets pregnant in between the treatment?
A: Diane 35 Tablet should be immediately discontinued. Taking Diane 35 Tablet can induce feminisation in the male foetus.
Q: Is Diane 35 Tablet a birth control pill?
A: No, it is not birth control or the contraceptive pill.
Last Updated on: 02 Nov 2020 | 11:38 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved