Kemycetin Vaginal Strip Of 3 Tablets
By MAC LABORATORIESLTD
3 Vaginal Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet is an antibiotic used for the treatment of severe bacterial infection and typhoid fever where other anti-infectives are ineffective. It contains chloramphenicol as an active ingredient. It stops the growth of bacteria, thus preventing the spread of infection. Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Pregnant or breastfeeding women should avoid. Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet should not be used to treat viral infection. Take the medicine at the prescribed dose for the prescribed duration to gain optimal benefits. You may experience nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, dizziness after taking the medicine. If these symptoms worsen, inform the doctor or visit a nearby hospital or clinic immediately. Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet is used for the treatment of severe bacterial infection and typhoid fever when other antimicrobials are ineffective....
Uses of Kemycetin Vaginal Strip Of 3 Tablets
Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet is used for the treatment of severe bacterial infection and typhoid fever when other antimicrobials are ineffective.
Contraindications of Kemycetin Vaginal Strip Of 3 Tablets
- If you are allergic to chloramphenicol or other component of Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet.
- If you have or had a blood disorder such as porphyria.
- If you have been vaccinated recently.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are taking medicines that result in bone marrow suppression.
Side effects of Kemycetin Vaginal Strip Of 3 Tablets
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea
- Dizziness, drowsiness
- Stomach pain and/or bloating
- Fatigue, dehydration, swelling
- Blood in stool
- Inflamed or swollen tongue
- Blurred vision, hearing loss
Precautions and Warnings of Kemycetin Vaginal Strip Of 3 Tablets
Can I take Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet during pregnancy?
Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet crosses the placenta and may cause harm to the unborn baby or lead to a threatened pregnancy. Avoid taking Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet if you are pregnant. Consult the doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet while breastfeeding?
Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet passes into the breastmilk and may cause harm to the newborn baby. It may lead to Grey baby syndrome, where the skin of the baby appears grey, weak, and also life-threatening. Consult the doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet?
Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet does not affect the ability to drive. However, if you experience side effect which alters driving ability, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet?
It is usually unsafe to consume alcohol while taking Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet or other antibiotics. It may lead to serious consequences. Talk to the doctor if you consume it too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- You are on other medications.
- You are giving it to the elderly.
- Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Kemycetin Vaginal Strip Of 3 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Chloramphenicol in Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet prevents the formation of proteins necessary to perform vital functions. Thus, it stops the growth of bacteria and prevents infection.
Directions for Use of Kemycetin Vaginal Strip Of 3 Tablets
Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. It is best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and avoid consuming more than prescribed by the doctor....
Interactions of Kemycetin Vaginal Strip Of 3 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines may affect the way Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet works, or the medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals the child is currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Taking medicine with Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet may alter the effect of either medicine or cause serious consequences, hence should be used with caution.
- Paracetamol for pain and fever, antibiotics for infections such as co-trimoxazole, penicillin or rifampicin type.
- Blood thinners like warfarin, dicoumarin must be used with caution.
- Antidiabetics such as gliclazide, tolbutamide, immunosuppressive medicine such as cyclosporine, tacrolimus.
- Medicines that suppress bone marrow such as carbamazepine, penicillamine, sulphonamides, phenylbutazone, antipsychotic medicines such as clozapine, flupenthixol, fluphenazine, procainamide.
- Medicine used to treat seizure or fits such as carbamazepine, phenytoin and phenobarbital.
- Hormonal pills such as estrogen, medicines used to treat hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid) such as carbimazole, propylthiouracil.
- Antiretroviral medicines used to treat HIV infection such as zidovudine, hydroxocobalamin as a form of vitamin B12 used to treat B12 deficiency, a medicine used to treat cancer such as cisplatin, daunorubicin....
Storage and disposal of Kemycetin Vaginal Strip Of 3 Tablets
- Store Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet at a temperature below 25°C at a cool dry place.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Kemycetin Vaginal Strip Of 3 Tablets
If you experience symptoms or think you have taken too much of Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet, contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed the dose of Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet take to work?
A: Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet starts showing activity soon after you take it. However, it may take some days to kill the harmful bacteria.
Q: Is Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet used to relieve pain?
A: No, Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet is not a pain killer. It only treats bacterial infections and provides relief from symptoms of infection.
Q: Can I stop taking Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet. Complete the entire course of treatment even if you start feeling better, else you may experience treatment failure and the increased risk of recurrence of the infection.
Q: Can the use of Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, the use of Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet may cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets them. It is an antibiotic that kills both good and bad bacteria, when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed it may cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to the doctor about it.
Q: Can Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet be used to treat typhoid?
A: Yes, Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet may be used to treat typhoid when other antibiotics are ineffective.
Q: What if my condition does not improve after taking Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet?
A: Talk to the doctor if your condition does not improve, even after taking Kemycetin Vaginal Tablet. He might suggest other alternatives.
Expires on or After