Isotroin 10mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Isotroin 10 MG Description
Isotroin 10 is a form of vitamin A and anti-acne medication, which is used for treating skin conditions like acne. The generic name of this medicine is Isotretinoin. This medicine can have serious ef
fects on the developing foetus and thus should not be used by pregnant women or planning for pregnancy. It is recommended that women use effective contraceptive methods during their course of treatment with Isotroin 10mg capsules. Dryness of skin is a common side-effect observed while you take this medicine.
Uses of Isotroin 10 MG
Contraindications of Isotroin 10 MG
- If you are allergic to the medicine or the active ingredient Isotretinoin or medicines containing vitamin A.
- If you have high levels of lipids (cholesterol) and vitamin A in the blood.
- If you are a pregnant or breastfeeding woman.
- If you are taking tetracyclines (a type of antibiotic).
- If you are suffering from liver disease.
Side effects of Isotroin 10 MG
- Chapped lips
- Dry skin
- Eye and ear problems
- Pain in the bones and joints
- Mood swings and irritability
- Gastric and pancreas problems
- Growth disturbances in children
- Dryness of mouth, skin and eyes
Precautions and Warnings of Isotroin 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience depression, mood swings and suicidal tendencies after taking this medicine.
- You are planning to start a family or you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You suffer from excessive skin dryness after its administration (a good skin moisturiser is needed in that case).
- You experience headache and vomiting after its administration.
Mode of Action of Isotroin 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Isotroin 10 MG
Interactions of Isotroin 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take vitamin A supplements or tetracyclines (a type of antibiotic), or use any skin
- treatments for acne while you are on Isotretinoin.
- Do not use skin agents that soften the keratin (a protein present in hair and skin) and agents that exfoliate the skin while on this medicine as it may increase skin irritation.
Interactions with food items
Other general Interactions
Storage and disposal of Isotroin 10 MG
Dosage of Isotroin 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider before using this medication?
Q: How long should I use this medicine?
Q: Can I increase the dosage of this medicine if I do not feel better?
Q: Is the dosage of this medicine suitable for children since it is low?
Q: How long do I need to take Isotroin capsule?
Q: What is the composition of an Isotroin capsule?
Q: What is the best time of day to take the Isotroin capsule?
- Isotretinoin 10 mg soft capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 November 2021]
- Isotretinoin 10 mg soft capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 November 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 17 November 2021]