Gudcef 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Gudcef 200 mg tablet is an antibiotic that contains Cefpodoxime. It is used to treat bacterial infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis and other infections of the skin, nose, throat, urinary tract, etc. It works by killing the bacteria, improving your condition and curing the infection. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor for the exact duration. Usually, this medicine is taken with food to avoid stomach discomfort. Do not stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor. The common side effects of Gudcef-200 tablets are nausea, vomiting, headache and stomach pain. Most of which are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines, herbs and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Gudcef 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Respiratory tract infections (Bronchitis, Pneumonia)
- Skin infections
- Ear infections
- Infection of the sinuses
- Throat Infections
- Infection of the tonsils
- Infection of urinary tract
- Gonorrhoea (sexually transmitted disease in both male and female genital organs)
- Other infection of genital organs in male and female
Contraindications of Gudcef 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Cefpodoxime or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have a history of severe allergy (hypersensitivity) reaction to Penicillin or other Beta-Lactam antibiotic
Side effects of Gudcef 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Chest pain
- Mild diarrhea
- Skin and vaginal fungal infection
- Feeling tired
Precautions and Warnings of Gudcef 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Gudcef 200 Tablet during pregnancy?
The effect of Gudcef 200 mg tablet on the fetus is not known, consult your doctor if you are pregnant.
Can I take Gudcef 200 Tablet while breastfeeding?
Gudcef 200 mg tablet passes into human milk in low quantities. However this medicine can be used during breastfeeding. In case of diarrhea or mucosal fungal infection in the breastfed baby, consult your doctor for further information.
Can I drive if I have consumed Gudcef 200 Tablet?
Gudcef 200 mg tablet can cause dizziness and may affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Gudcef 200 Tablet?
No information is available on interactions of Gudcef 200 mg tablet when taken with alcohol, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any severe allergic reactions after taking this medicine
- You develop watery and bloody diarrhoea
- You have had allergy to medicines called Cephalosporins or Penicillins
- You are using any beta-lactam antibacterial agents
- You have any kidney disorders
- You have a history of gastrointestinal disease
Mode of Action of Gudcef 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Gudcef 200 tablet controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial cell wall.
Directions for Use of Gudcef 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Gudcef-200 tablet as a whole with a glass of water and after your meal to avoid stomach discomfort. Do not break, cut or chew the medicine.
- You should take this medicine regularly without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed dosage.
Interactions of Gudcef 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat acidity like Cimetidine, Ranitidine
- Medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid)
- Medicines used to thin your blood (oral anticoagulants)
Interactions with food items
Food increases the absorption of Gudcef 200 mg tablet; hence, it is advisable to take it with or after a meal.
Storage and disposal of Gudcef 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Store Gudcef-200 tablet in a cool, dry place to protect it from light. Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Gudcef 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Seek emergency medical care if you think you have taken too much of Gudcef 200 tablet.
- Overdose symptoms may include stomach pain, diarrhea, headache, nausea, and vomiting.
Missed a Dose
It is advisable not to miss any doses of Gudcef-200 tablet. If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for next dose, skip the missed dose and follow regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have flu and running nose, can I take Gudcef 200 Tablet?
- No, you should not take Gudcef 200 mg tablet without consulting the doctor.
- This medicine is a higher antibiotic meant for severe infections and your doctor will prescribe you the same only if it is essential.
- This medication is not for viral infections, and generally, flu occurs due to viruses.
Q: Can I stop taking Gudcef 200 mg tablet before the prescribed duration?
A: No, finish the full course of the treatment even if you feel better. Though you start feeling better, there is still infection-causing bacteria present in the body, which can make the infection to return in a few days. Also, when one does not complete the course, these few bacteria later become resistant to these antibiotics and cause severe infections, which are difficult to treat. Hence, always finish the course with Gudcef 200 mg tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: What is Gudcef-200 tablet?
A: Gudcef-200 tablet is an antibiotic containing Cefpodoxime as its active ingredient. It is used to treat bacterial infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis and other infections of the skin, nose, throat, urinary tract, etc.
Q: Can we drink alcohol along with Gudcef 200 mg tablet?
A: You may have to consult your doctor as there is no information about the interaction of Gudcef 200 tablet with alcohol.
Q: What is the use of Gudcef 200 tablet?
A: Gudcef 200 tablet is used to treat various types of bacterial infections like skin, ear, throat, urinary tract infections, bronchitis, pneumonia, etc.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Gudcef-200 tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby
Q: Is Gudcef 200 mg tablet habit forming?
A: No, Gudcef 200 mg tablet is not habit-forming.
Q: I am given Gudcef-200 tablet for urinary tract infection and my friend is showing the same symptoms as mine. Can I give her this medicine?
A: No, it is advised not to give Gudcef-200 tablet to anyone else who has the same condition as you without consulting a doctor. You should never share your medicines with anyone and should always avoid self-medicating. Ask your friend to consult a doctor, he/she will carefully examine her condition and prescribe medications.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 10:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved