Doxcef 200mg Tablet
Doxcef 200 MG Description
Doxcef 200 tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat bacterial infections of the skin, nose, throat, urinary tract, etc. It is also useful for infections associated with pneumonia, and bronchitis. It contains cefpodoxime as the active ingredient. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It would be best if you take this medicine at a fixed time for optimal results. Complete the entire course of the treatment. Do not stop the medicine halfway if you feel better, as it may result in treatment failure and develop resistance to the medicine. Some common side effects of Doxcef 200 tablet are nausea, vomiting and stomach pain, but not everybody gets them. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, consult your doctor. Before starting the treatment with Doxcef 200, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Doxcef 200 MG
Contraindications of Doxcef 200 MG
Side effects of Doxcef 200 MG
- Stomach pain
- Oral and vaginal fungal infection
Precautions and Warnings of Doxcef 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any problems with your kidney, it can reduce urinary output. Dose adjustment is needed in such a situation.
- You have had an allergy to medicines called cephalosporins or penicillin.
- You may experience diarrhoea with bloodstains.
- You have stomach or intestinal disease.
- Prolonged use of this medicine may cause an overgrowth of a non-susceptible organism.
- You experience any severe allergic reactions after taking this medicine.
- The use of Doxcef 200 tablets in the absence of a proven or strongly suspected bacterial infection may increase the risk of the development of drug-resistant bacteria.
Directions for Use of Doxcef 200 MG
- Take Doxcef 200 tablet as instructed by your doctor. Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to. Never stop the medicine on your own.
- Continue the medication till the prescribed duration since stopping in between can increase the risk of getting infected again.
Storage and disposal of Doxcef 200 MG
- Keep Doxcef tablets at room temperature away from the light and excess heat and moisture.
- Store the medicine in the original container, away from the reach of children and pets.
Quick Tips of Doxcef 200 MG
- Complete the course of Doxcef 200 tablet given by your doctor. Do not miss any doses and take your medicine on time.
- It is a higher antibiotic and reserved for specific infections only, do not self-medicate with this medicine. Take proper medical advice before taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor about all other medicines you take and your medical history if any.
- Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain and indigestion can be seen as side effects of this medicine, inform your doctor if the side effects do not resolve over time.
- Doxcef 200 tablet should be taken as prescribed by your doctor and for the duration, it has been prescribed.
Dosage of Doxcef 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Doxcef 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Doxcef 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Doxcef 200 tablet may interact with other medicines, tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Certain medicines like antacids like Cimetidine, Ranitidine, medicines used to treat gout-like Probenecid, and anticoagulants like warfarin should be used with caution along with Doxcef 200 tablets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Doxcef 200 tablet?
Q: Can I take tab Doxcef 200 during viral and running nose?
- This medication is not for viral infections and flu that occurs due to viruses.
- This medicine is a higher antibiotic meant for severe infections and your doctor will prescribe you the same only if it is essential.
Q: Can I stop the treatment with Doxcef 200 mg tablet before the prescribed duration if I feel improvement in symptoms?
Q: Can I recommend tablet Doxcef 200 mg to my friend having the same tonsils related symptoms as mine?
Q: What is the composition of the Doxcef 200?
Q: How do I use the Doxcef?
- CDSCO. Cefpodoxime proxetil [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 14 April 2022]
- CEFOPROX Tablets/DT/Powder for Oral Suspension [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 14 April 2022]
- Cefdox tablet [Internet]. Aci-bd.com. 2021 [cited 14 April 2022]
- Cefpodoxime (Oral Route) Before Using - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 14 April 2022]