Doxcef 200mg Tablet
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Doxcef 200 tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat bacterial infections of the skin, nose, throat, urinary tract, etc. It is also useful for infections associated with pneumonia, bronchitis. It contains cefpodoxime as the active ingredient. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It would be best if you take this medicine at a fixed time for optimal results. Complete the entire course of the treatment. Do not stop the medicine halfway if you feel better, as it may result in treatment failure and develop resistance to the medicine. Some common side effects of Doxcef 200 tablet are nausea, vomiting and stomach pain, but not everybody gets them. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, consult your doctor. Before starting the treatment with Doxcef 200, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
|You Save||₹30.35 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Side effects||Stomach pain, headache, diarrhoea, nausea, chest pain, indigestion|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefpodoxime(200.0 Mg)
Uses of Doxcef 200 MG
Doxcef 200 tablet is used in the treatment of respiratory tract infection like bronchitis, pneumonia and infections of the ear, skin, tonsils, sinuses, throat and urinary tract.
Contraindications of Doxcef 200 MG
If you are allergic to cefpodoxime or any of the ingredient of Doxcef 200 tablet. If you have a known allergy to penicillin or other beta-lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Doxcef 200 MG
- Stomach pain
- Oral and vaginal fungal infection
Precautions and Warnings of Doxcef 200 MG
Can I take Doxcef 200 tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of Doxcef 200 tablet in pregnancy. Hence it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Doxcef 200 tablet while breastfeeding?
It may pass through breastfeeding in small quantities to the child. But if it is necessary and prescribed by the physician, you can take it while keeping a watch on the baby. If the baby has diarrhoea, then consult the doctor as soon as possible.
Can I drive if I have consumed Doxcef 200 tablet?
You may experience dizziness after taking Doxcef 200 tablet. Thus, caution is needed while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Doxcef 200 tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with Doxcef 200 tablet. So it is important to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any problems with your kidney, as it can reduce the urinary output. Dose adjustment is needed in such a situation.
- You have had an allergy to medicines called cephalosporins or penicillin.
- You may experience diarrhoea with bloodstains.
- You have stomach or intestinal disease.
- Prolonged use of this medicine may cause an overgrowth of a non-susceptible organism.
- You experience any severe allergic reactions after taking this medicine.
- The use of Doxcef 200 tablet in the absence of a proven or strongly suspected bacterial infection may increase the risk of the development of drug-resistant bacteria.
Mode of Action of Doxcef 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Cefpodoxime in Doxcef 200 tablet works by inhibiting the growth of bacteria and killing them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall.
Directions for Use of Doxcef 200 MG
- Take Doxcef 200 tablet as instructed by your doctor. Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to. Never stop the medicine on your own.
- Continue the medication till the prescribed duration since stopping in between can increase the risk of getting infected again.
Interactions of Doxcef 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Doxcef 200 tablet may interact with other medicines, tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Certain medicines like antacids like Cimetidine, Ranitidine, medicines used to treat gout-like Probenecid, anticoagulants like warfarin should be used with caution along with Doxcef 200 tablet.
Storage and disposal of Doxcef 200 MG
- Keep Doxcef tablets at room temperature away from the light and excess heat and moisture.
- Store the medicine in the original container, away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Doxcef 200 MG
Overdose of Doxcef 200 medicine causes severe diarrhoea, abdominal pain, seizures, nausea, vomiting and headache. Talk to your doctor immediately in case of excess consumption.
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose of Doxcef 200 to compensate for the missed one. If it is the time of the next dose, then skip the previous dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Doxcef 200 tablet?
A: Doxcef 200 tablet is to treat or prevent various types of bacterial infections associated with skin, ear, throat, urinary tract infections etc. It is also used in the treatment of respiratory tract infection like pneumonia or bronchitis.
Q: Can I take tab Doxcef 200 during viral and running nose?
- This medication is not for viral infections and flu that occurs due to viruses.
- This medicine is a higher antibiotic meant for severe infections and your doctor will prescribe you the same only if it is essential.
Q: Can I stop the treatment with Doxcef 200 mg tablet before the prescribed duration if I feel improvement in symptoms?
A: No, you should strictly finish the entire course of the treatment even if you feel better. Because there is still infection-causing bacteria present in the body, which can make the infection return in a few days. Irregular use or an inadequate treatment period can cause a few bacteria's later become resistant to these antibiotics and cause severe infections which are difficult to treat. Hence, always finish the course with Doxcef 200 tablet or any other antibiotic as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I recommend tablet Doxcef 200 mg to my friend having the same tonsils related symptoms as mine?
A: No. Recommendation of this medicine to anyone with similar symptoms to yours is strictly prohibited. Do not use the medication without your doctor's prescription. You should always avoid self-medicating. Ask your friend to consult a doctor, he/she will prescribe medications based on the severity and age of the patient.
Q: What is the composition of the Doxcef 200?
A: The composition of the Doxcef 200 consists of cefpodoxime, as its active component.
Q: How do I use the Doxcef?
A: Take Doxcef 200 exactly as advised by the doctor. It can be taken with or without food. Take it regularly and do not miss any dose of this medicine. If you have a sensitive stomach take it preferably with a meal to avoid stomach discomfort.
- CDSCO. Cefpodoxime proxetil [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 14 April 2022]
- CEFOPROX Tablets/DT/Powder for Oral Suspension [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 14 April 2022]
- Cefdox tablet [Internet]. Aci-bd.com. 2021 [cited 14 April 2022]
- Cefpodoxime (Oral Route) Before Using - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 14 April 2022]
Country of Origin
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.