Cepodem 200mg Tablet
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cepodem 200 mg tablet is an antibiotic containing Cefpodoxime as its active component. It is used in treating bacterial infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis and other infections of the skin, nose, throat, urinary tract, etc. It works by killing the bacteria, improving your condition and curing the infection. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken with food to avoid stomach discomfort. Do not stop taking this medicine until the treatment is complete. Nausea, vomiting, headache, stomach pain are the common side effects of Cepodem 200 tablets. Most of them are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Cepodem 200mg Tablet
- Respiratory tract infections (bronchitis, pneumonia)
- Ear infections
- Infection of the sinuses
- Throat Infections
- Infection of the tonsils
- Skin infections
- Infection of urinary tract
- Gonorrhoea (a sexually transmitted disease in both male and female genital organs)
- Other infection of genital organs in male and female
Contraindications of Cepodem 200mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Cefpodoxime or any of the other ingredients of Cepodem 200 mg tablet.
- If you have a history of a severe allergic reaction to Penicillin or other Beta-Lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Cepodem 200mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Chest pain
- Skin and vaginal fungal infection
Precautions and Warnings of Cepodem 200mg Tablet
Can I take Cepodem 200 tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the use of Cepodem 200 mg tablet during human pregnancy. Please consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby before starting this medicine.
Can I take Cepodem 200 tablet while breastfeeding?
Cepodem 200 mg tablet passes into breast milk in low quantities. However, this medicine can be used during breastfeeding. In case of diarrhea or mucosal fungal infection in the breastfed baby, consult your doctor for further information.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cepodem 200 tablet?
Cepodem 200 mg tablet can cause dizziness. Thus, caution is needed while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Cepodem 200 tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Cepodem 200 mg tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any problems with your kidney.
- You develop watery and bloody diarrhoea.
- You have a history of stomach or intestinal disease.
- You are using any beta-lactam antibacterial agents.
- You have had an allergy to medicines called Cephalosporins or Penicillins.
- You experience any severe allergic reactions after taking Cepodem 200 mg tablet.
Mode of Action of Cepodem 200mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Cefpodoxime in Cepodem 200 tablet works by controlling the growth of bacteria and killing them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall.
Directions for Use of Cepodem 200mg Tablet
- Cepodem 200 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should preferably be taken after your meal to avoid stomach discomfort.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Cepodem 200mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Cepodem 200 tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
- Medicines used to treat acidity like Cimetidine, Ranitidine, medicines used to treat gout like Probenecid, medicines used to thin your blood like warfarin should be used with caution along with Cepodem 200 tablet.read less
Interactions with food items
Cepodem 200 tablet should be taken with or after a meal as food increases the absorption of Cepodem tablet.
Storage and disposal of Cepodem 200mg Tablet
Store Cepodem mg 200 tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Cepodem 200mg Tablet
Overdose symptoms may include stomach pain, diarrhea, headache, nausea and vomiting. Seek urgent medical help if you think you have taken too much of Cepodem 200 tablet.
Missed a Dose
It is advisable not to miss any doses of Cepodem 200 tablet. If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Cepodem 200 tablet if I have flu and running nose?
- No, you should not take Cepodem 200 mg tablet without consulting the doctor.
- This medicine is a higher antibiotic meant for severe infections and your doctor will prescribe you the same only if it is essential.
- This medication is not for viral infections and flu generally occurs due to viruses.
Q: Can I stop taking Cepodem 200 mg tablet before the prescribed duration?
A: No, finish the full course of the treatment even if you feel better. Though you start feeling better, there is still infection-causing bacteria present in the body, which can make the infection to return in a few days. Also, when one does not complete the course, these few bacteria later become resistant to these antibiotics and cause severe infections which are difficult to treat. Hence, always finish the course with Cepodem 200 mg tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: What is Cepodem 200 tablet?
A: Cepodem 200 tablet is an antibiotic containing Cefpodoxime as its active ingredient. It is used to treat bacterial infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis and other infections of the skin, nose, throat, urinary tract, etc.
Q: Can alcohol be consumed along with Cepodem 200 mg tablet?
A: You may have to consult your doctor as there is no information about the interaction of Cepodem 200 tablet with alcohol.
Q: What is Cepodem 200 tablet used for?
A: Cepodem 200 tablet is used to treat various types of bacterial infections like skin, ear, throat, urinary tract infections, bronchitis, pneumonia, etc.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Cepodem 200 tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
Q: Is Cepodem 200 mg tablet habit forming?
A: No, Cepodem 200 mg tablet is not habit-forming.
Q: I am given Cepodem 200 tablet for urinary tract infection and my friend is showing the same symptoms as mine. Can I give him this tablet?
A: No, it is advised not to give Cepodem 200 tablet to anyone else who has the same condition as you without consulting a doctor. You should never share your medicines with anyone and should always avoid self-medicating. Ask your friend to consult a doctor, he/she will carefully examine her condition and prescribe medications.
Other Variants for
Cepodem 200mg Tablet
Last Updated on: 21 Nov 2020 | 02:28 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved