Cepodem 200mg Tablet
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cepodem 200 tablet belongs to an antibiotic class of medicine. Cepodem is used for the treatment of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis and other infections of the skin, nose, throat, urinary tract, etc. It contains cefpodoxime as its active ingredient. Cefpodoxime in Cepodem works by killing the bacteria, improving your condition and curing the infection. Cepodem 200 tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken with food to avoid stomach discomfort. Before using the Cepodem 200 tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history. Always complete the entire course of treatment with a Cepodem tablet, as incomplete treatment may result in treatment failure and increase the risk of re-infection....
Uses of Cepodem 200 MG
- Cepodem 200 tablet is used to treat bacterial infections like respiratory tract infections (bronchitis, pneumonia), skin infections, ear infections, infection of the sinuses, throat Infections, infection of the tonsils....
- It is also used to treat infection of the urinary tract, gonorrhoea (a sexually transmitted disease in both male and female genital organs) and other infections of genital organs in males and females.
Contraindications of Cepodem 200 MG
- If you are allergic to Cefpodoxime or any other ingredients of the Cepodem 200 tablet.
- If you have a history of a severe allergic reaction to Penicillin or other Beta-Lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Cepodem 200 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Cepodem 200 MG
Can I take the Cepodem 200 tablet during pregnancy?
As there is limited information about the use of the Cepodem 200 tablet during pregnancy, consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby before starting this tablet.
Can I take the Cepodem 200 tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of the Cepodem 200 tablet are known to pass into the breastmilk but in small amounts. However, it can be used while breastfeeding. In case of diarrhoea or mucosal fungal infection in the breastfed baby, consult your doctor for further information.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Cepodem 200 tablet?
You may feel dizzy while taking the Cepodem 200 tablet. Caution is needed while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Cepodem 200 tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and the Cepodem 200 tablet. However, long term use of alcohol weakens your immune system and body's response to pathogens and infections. Consult the doctor for more information if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any severe allergic reactions after taking the Cepodem 200 tablet.
- You have any problems with your kidney.
- You have a history of stomach and intestine disease.
- You develop watery and bloody diarrhoea.
- You have had an allergy to medicines called Cephalosporins or Penicillins.
- You are using any Beta-lactam antibacterial medicines.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while on treatment.
Mode of Action of Cepodem 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Cefpodoxime in the Cepodem 200 tablet works by controlling the growth of bacteria and killing them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall.
Directions for Use of Cepodem 200 MG
Cepodem 200 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, after your meal to avoid stomach discomforts. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Cepodem 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Cepodem 200 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Antacids like cimetidine, ranitidine, anti-gout medicines like probenecid or oral anticoagulants should be used with caution along with the Cepodem 200 tablet.
Interactions with food items
Food increases the absorption of the Cepodem 200 tablet. Thus, your doctor may recommend you take it with or after having your meal.
Storage and disposal of Cepodem 200 MG
- Store the Cepodem 200 tablet in a cool and dry place, protect it from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Cepodem 200 MG
Symptoms of an overdose include stomach pain, diarrhoea, headache, nausea and vomiting. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of the Cepodem 200 tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of the Cepodem 200 tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can the Cepodem 200 tablet be taken for flu and running nose?
- No, you should not take the Cepodem 200 tablet without consulting the doctor.
- This medicine is a higher antibiotic meant for severe infections and your doctor will prescribe you the same only if it is essential.
- This medication is not for viral infections and generally, flu occurs due to viruses.
Q: Can I stop taking the Cepodem 200 tablet before the prescribed duration?
A: No, finish the full course of the treatment, even if you feel better. Though you start feeling better, there is still infection-causing bacteria present in the body, which can make the infection return in a few days. Also, when one does not complete the course, these few bacteria later become resistant to these antibiotics and cause severe infections, which are difficult to treat. Hence, always finish the course with the Cepodem 200 tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: What is the Cepodem 200 tablet?
A: Cepodem 200 tablet is an antibiotic containing Cefpodoxime as its active ingredient. It is used to treat bacterial infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis and other infections of the skin, ear, nose, throat, urinary tract.
Q: Can taking Cepodem 200 cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, sometimes you might experience diarrhoea as its common side effect. Keep hydrate yourself to replace the lost fluids.
Q: Is Ceftum and Cepodem 200 same?
A: No, both the medicines are different. Although both are antibiotics with different ingredients. Ceftum contains cefuroxime and Cepodem 200 contains cefpodoxime as its active ingredient.
Q: Is Cepodem 200 an antibiotic?
A: Yes, the Cepodem 200 tablet is an antibiotic medicine used to treat various bacterial infections.
Q: How long does Cepodem take to work?
A: Cepodem can start showing its effect approximately after 1 hour of its consumption. However, it varies among individuals and can also vary due to the severity of the infection. As it is an antibiotic medicine, the complete effect towards the infection could be seen only after completing the full course of antibiotic treatment.
Q: What are the side effects of Cepodem?
A: Headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea are a few common side effects of Cepodem. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on your own. Also, it is not important that everyone experience the same.
Q: Is Cepodem used for fever?
A: You should not self-medicate this antibiotic medicine for fever. A fever could be due to different causes. The doctor will prescribe you the appropriate medicine after proper diagnosis. Hence it would be best to take a doctor's advice before taking any medicine to treat fever. Refrain from self-medication.
- CEFOPROX Tablets/DT/Powder for Oral Suspension (Cefpodoxime proxetil) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 14 December 2021]
- Ba. Cefpodoxime Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 14 December 2021]
- Vantin Tablets and Oral Suspension cefpodoxime proxetil tablets and cefpodoxime proxetil for oral suspension, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 14 December 2021]
- Cefdox [Internet]. Aci-bd.com. 2021 [cited 14 December 2021]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Antimicrobial Drugs: 688-849.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.