Gosart 25mg Tablets
By CMG BIOTECH
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Gosart 25 MG Description
Gosart 25mg Tab contains Losartan, a medicine that lowers increased blood pressure (Angiotensin-II receptor antagonists).
Check more medicines with composition as Losartan(25.0 Mg)
Uses of Gosart 25 MG
- High blood pressure
- Chronic heart failure
- Kidney disease in patients with high blood pressure and diabetes
Contraindications of Gosart 25 MG
- If you are allergic to Losartan or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have severe liver or kidney disease
Side effects of Gosart 25 MG
- Vertigo or giddiness
- Increased potassium in the blood
- Anaemia (low red blood cell count)
- Kidney problem
- A sudden drop in blood sugar level
- Increase in blood urea, serum creatinine and serum potassium (in patients with heart failure)
Precautions and Warnings of Gosart 25 MG
Can I take Gosart 25mg Tab during pregnancy?
Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant, or you are planning to have a baby as this medicine may harm your baby.
Can I take Gosart 25mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Gosart 25mg Tab is not recommended during breastfeeding. It is advisable to seek a physician’s help to find a safer alternative.
Can I drive if I have consumed Gosart 25mg Tab?
You may experience dizziness or drowsiness that can influence your ability to drive or operate machines. Hence, caution is advised while driving any vehicle.
Can I consume alcohol with Gosart 25mg Tab?
Caution is advised as alcohol makes blood pressure drop and can increase side effects like sedation or drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You ever had angioedema (swelling of the face, lips, throat, tongue)
- You have vomiting or diarrhoea
- Your blood vessels leading to your kidneys are narrow or had a kidney transplant
- You are taking medicines like Diuretics
- You have liver problem
- You are suffering from heart failure or any heart disease
- Caution is required if you are a diabetic and taking medicines like Enalapril, Lisinopril, Ramipril
Mode of Action of Gosart 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Angiotensin-II released in your body causes the blood vessels to narrow, which leads to an increase in blood pressure. Gosart 25mg Tab prevents the binding of Angiotensin-II to its receptors, thus causing the blood vessels to relax and lowers the blood pressure....
Directions for Use of Gosart 25 MG
Gosart 25mg Tab should be swallowed with water or as directed by the physician. The dose of this medicine should be taken at the same time every day.
Interactions of Gosart 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Avoid taking potassium supplements as this medicine is known to increase potassium levels
- Medicines which are known to increase potassium levels like Diuretics (Amiloride, Triamterene, Spironolactone)
- Medicines which increase the serum potassium like Heparin, Trimethoprim-containing medicines
- Medicines used to treat depression like Lithium
- Medicines used to treat specific cancer like Amifostine
- Medicine used to treat muscle spasm like Baclofen
- Medicines used to treat pain and swelling like Indomethacin can decrease the effect of this medicine
- Medicines used to treat blood pressure like ACE-inhibitor or Aliskiren can cause severe fall in blood pressure
Interactions with food items
Gosart 25mg Tab can be taken with or without food; it is advised to avoid high potassium-containing foods.
Storage and disposal of Gosart 25 MG
- Do not store above 25°C
- Store it in the original packaging to protect it from sunlight and moisture
- Keep out of sight and reach of children
Dosage of Gosart 25 MG
- Overdose symptoms can include dizziness, increased levels of potassium in the blood, kidney failure, loss of consciousness
- Seek emergency medical help if you experience any of the side effects
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare professional before I start treatment with Gosart 25mg Tab?
- You must give an account of your past and present diseases, especially diabetes and all the ongoing medications, supplements and herbal medicines that you are taking.
- If you take antidiabetic medication or insulin, track your blood sugar carefully while taking losartan, particularly during the first month of its use.
- The combination of these diabetes medicines when on losartan may cause significant changes in your blood sugar levels owing to drug-drug interactions. Hence, sharing complete history is of utmost importance....
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions to be followed when I am taking this medicine?
- Yes, avoid high potassium-containing foods (spinach, banana, peas, kidney beans)
- Low-salt diet preferred
- Avoid fruits, foods and health supplements with high potassium content
What Causes Queefing: Unraveling Myths and Understanding the Facts
Key Highlights: Introduction Think of queefing as just a release of gas from the vagina. It’s common and normal. It is experienced by many women. There’s no reason to feel embarrassed or worried about it. It’s not always a sign that something’s wrong. In this article, we’ll cover the topic thoroughly. We’ll talk about why
Why Do We Have Wisdom Teeth? Unraveling the Mystery with Science
Key Highlights: Introduction Wisdom teeth have long captivated researchers, dentists, and everyday people alike. Although these teeth often cause more harm than good, they continue to grow in most of us. In this article, we will explore the scientific reasons behind the existence of wisdom teeth, the evolution of human jaws and diets, potential issues
Benefits of Tongue Scraping: A Guide to Better Oral Health
Key Highlights: Introduction We can’t ignore the impact of oral health on our general well-being. We may be able to boost our oral health with simple practices like tongue scraping. Despite the routine brushing and mouth rinsing, cleaning the tongue often gets side-stepped. Let’s delve into why tongue scraping may be beneficial. We’ll discuss its
Benefits of Getting Off Birth Control: A Research-Based Overview
Key Highlights: Introduction The first pill to avoid having babies was formulated about in the early 20th century. Since then, birth control has become a common way to plan families. As of today, many options are available for family planning. People weigh the pros and cons of hormonal birth control as compared to these other
Mysterious Flu-like Illness Is Doing the Rounds in China: Here’s What You Should Know
Introduction Barely two years after the last great outbreak of COVID-19, China is once again in the news as reports of a respiratory illness that seems to be pneumonia are emerging from the country. Naturally, people are eager for details and governments are monitoring the situation. Who is falling sick in China, why is the
Presenting our Lucky Hours Winners For November 23-25, 2023
At PharmEasy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As your healthcare and wellness partner, your health and well-being matter the most to us. To help you take it easy with your healthcare needs and enjoy guaranteed savings – the idea of ‘Lucky Hour’ was born. During our ‘Lucky Hours,’ the lucky
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.