Gosart 25mg Tab
By CMG BIOTECH
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Gosart 25mg Tab contains Losartan, a medicine that lowers increased blood pressure (Angiotensin-II receptor antagonists).
Uses of Gosart 25mg Tab
- High blood pressure
- Chronic heart failure
- Kidney disease in patients with high blood pressure and diabetes
Contraindications of Gosart 25mg Tab
- If you are allergic to Losartan or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have severe liver or kidney disease
Side effects of Gosart 25mg Tab
- Vertigo or giddiness
- Increased potassium in the blood
- Anaemia (low red blood cell count)
- Kidney problem
- A sudden drop in blood sugar level
- Increase in blood urea, serum creatinine and serum potassium (in patients with heart failure)
Precautions and Warnings of Gosart 25mg Tab
Can I take Gosart 25mg Tab during pregnancy?
Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant, or you are planning to have a baby as this medicine may harm your baby.
Can I take Gosart 25mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Gosart 25mg Tab is not recommended during breastfeeding. It is advisable to seek a physician’s help to find a safer alternative.
Can I drive if I have consumed Gosart 25mg Tab?
You may experience dizziness or drowsiness that can influence your ability to drive or operate machines. Hence, caution is advised while driving any vehicle.
Can I consume alcohol with Gosart 25mg Tab?
Caution is advised as alcohol makes blood pressure drop and can increase side effects like sedation or drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You ever had angioedema (swelling of the face, lips, throat, tongue)
- You have vomiting or diarrhoea
- Your blood vessels leading to your kidneys are narrow or had a kidney transplant
- You are taking medicines like Diuretics
- You have liver problem
- You are suffering from heart failure or any heart disease
- Caution is required if you are a diabetic and taking medicines like Enalapril, Lisinopril, Ramipril
Mode of Action of Gosart 25mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Angiotensin-II released in your body causes the blood vessels to narrow, which leads to an increase in blood pressure. Gosart 25mg Tab prevents the binding of Angiotensin-II to its receptors, thus causing the blood vessels to relax and lowers the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Gosart 25mg Tab
Gosart 25mg Tab should be swallowed with water or as directed by the physician. The dose of this medicine should be taken at the same time every day.
Interactions of Gosart 25mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Avoid taking potassium supplements as this medicine is known to increase potassium levels
- Medicines which are known to increase potassium levels like Diuretics (Amiloride, Triamterene, Spironolactone)
- Medicines which increase the serum potassium like Heparin, Trimethoprim-containing medicines
- Medicines used to treat depression like Lithium
- Medicines used to treat specific cancer like Amifostine
- Medicine used to treat muscle spasm like Baclofen
- Medicines used to treat pain and swelling like Indomethacin can decrease the effect of this medicine
- Medicines used to treat blood pressure like ACE-inhibitor or Aliskiren can cause severe fall in blood pressure
Interactions with food items
Gosart 25mg Tab can be taken with or without food; it is advised to avoid high potassium-containing foods.
Storage and disposal of Gosart 25mg Tab
- Do not store above 25°C
- Store it in the original packaging to protect it from sunlight and moisture
- Keep out of sight and reach of children
Dosage of Gosart 25mg Tab
- Overdose symptoms can include dizziness, increased levels of potassium in the blood, kidney failure, loss of consciousness
- Seek emergency medical help if you experience any of the side effects
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare professional before I start treatment with Gosart 25mg Tab?
- You must give an account of your past and present diseases, especially diabetes and all the ongoing medications, supplements and herbal medicines that you are taking.
- If you take antidiabetic medication or insulin, track your blood sugar carefully while taking losartan, particularly during the first month of its use.
- The combination of these diabetes medicines when on losartan may cause significant changes in your blood sugar levels owing to drug-drug interactions. Hence, sharing complete history is of utmost importance.read less
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions to be followed when I am taking this medicine?
- Yes, avoid high potassium-containing foods (spinach, banana, peas, kidney beans)
- Low-salt diet preferred
- Avoid fruits, foods and health supplements with high potassium content
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved