Glypten M 20mg Tab 10's
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Glypten M Tablet is a combination of two medicines Teneligliptin and Metformin. It is an anti-diabetic medicine. Glypten M Tablet is used to lower the high blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes mellitus along with lifestyle changes. This medicine works best when used along with a healthy diet and regular exercise. This medicine will help you keep your sugar levels in control and reduce the risk of diabetes complications. Thus, always take Glypten M Tablet as prescribed by your doctor, and at the same time to gain optimal benefit. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly, it may lead to serious health consequences. You may experience the most common side effects such as diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, headache, low blood sugar level (hypoglycemia). If these side effects worsen reach out to the nearest clinic. This medicine should not be used in patients having liver or kidney disease, thus it is important to inform your doctor about medical conditions and lifestyle.
Uses of Glypten M 20mg Tab 10'S
Glypten M Tablet is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus along with an appropriate diet and exercise.
Contraindications of Glypten M 20mg Tab 10'S
- If you are allergic to Teneligliptin, Metformin or any of the ingredient of Glypten M Tablet.
- If you have liver or severe kidney problems.
- If you are an alcoholic.
- If you are in a state of diabetic coma due to a sudden rise or drop in blood sugar level.
- If you have type1 diabetes mellitus.
- If you have a severe infection or you have a recent surgery.
- If you have a known history of pancreatitis.
Side effects of Glypten M 20mg Tab 10'S
- Low blood sugar level, be watchful for symptoms of low blood sugar like trembling, sweating, anxiety, blurred vision, tingling lips, paleness, irritability or confusion
- Stomach pain
- Flatulence, polyps in stomach
- Diarrhoea, loss of appetite
- Rashes, itching, allergy
- Abnormal urine and liver test reports
- Inflammation in pancreas
- Decrease of vitamin B12
- Lactic acidosis (too much acid in the body)
Precautions and Warnings of Glypten M 20mg Tab 10'S
Can I take Glypten M Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Glypten M Tablet in pregnancy. Thus, it should be only used, if prescribed by your doctor after assessing the need and benefits. Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Glypten M Tablet while breastfeeding?
The component of Glypten M Tablet passes into the breastmilk and may cause harm to the infant. Thus the usage of this medicine during breastfeeding is not recommended.
Can I drive if I have consumed Glypten M Tablet?
After taking Glypten M Tablet, there are chances your blood sugar can fall. You may experience faintness, confusion and increased sweating. So, it would be best if you take extra care when driving. Keep a juice or chocolate handy while driving and in case you start experiencing any of these symptoms, immediately have it.
Can I consume alcohol with Glypten M Tablet?
- Alcohol lowers blood sugar which can be dangerous and also increases the risk of a serious condition called lactic acidosis.
- Alcohol can also increase the risk of developing the serious side effect of pancreatitis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a known history of pancreatitis or develop sudden pain in the stomach or back, immediately stop this medicine and report to the hospital.
- You have a liver or heart problem like irregular heartbeat and heart failure.
- You are suffering from persistent diarrhoea, vomiting and loss of body fluids.
- You have serious liver and kidney function problems.
- You have an irregular diet, habit of excessive alcohol intake and intense exercise.
- You have a history of any abdomen surgery.
- You are using other medicines like Glimepiride because it can cause a drop in blood sugar level.
- You experience muscle pain, stomach pain, vomiting, breathing difficulty and low body temperature. It could be a serious condition known as lactic acidosis.
- Glypten M Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Glypten M 20mg Tab 10'S
How Does It Work?
Teneligliptin in Glypten M Tablet works by increasing insulin secretion from the pancreas by inhibiting the enzyme dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPP4), whereas Metformin decreases the production of glucose from the liver, the amount of glucose absorbed from the intestine and increases insulin sensitivity.
Directions for Use of Glypten M 20mg Tab 10'S
- Take Glypten M Tablet as instructed by your doctor, as a whole with a glass of water.
- Take this medicine with or after a meal to reduce its side effects.
- Consult your doctor for the appropriate dosage.
Interactions of Glypten M 20mg Tab 10'S
Interactions with other medicines
- If you need to take an injection of iodine-containing contrast medium into your bloodstream, for an X-ray or scan, your doctor will ask you to stop taking this medicine before or at the time of injection.Read less
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other medicines for diabetes like Metformin, Insulin, Canagliflozin and Liraglutide.
- Medicines used to treat depression like Phenelzine.
- Medicines for fever and pain (salicylates like aspirin).
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure like Atenolol, Propranolol and Verapamil.
- You may have high blood sugar if you are taking steroids, thyroxine.
- Never take this medicine if you are taking medicines like Quinidine, Sotalol, Procainamide and Amiodarone as it may cause heart rhythm problems and cardiac arrest.
Interactions with food items
Absorption of vitamin B12 appears to be reduced during long-term Metformin therapy and annual screening of serum vitamin B12 levels and red blood cell parameters has been recommended.
Storage and disposal of Glypten M 20mg Tab 10'S
- Store this medicine below 25°C.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Glypten M 20mg Tab 10'S
- Excess of Glypten M Tablet may cause lactic acidosis characterized by vomiting, stomach and muscle cramps, difficulty in breathing.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What kind of food should I include in my diet?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very little use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glass of water daily.
- Carry fruit or low-calorie high fibre biscuits while travelling.
Q: What should I avoid doing, being a diabetic patient?
- You could be tempted to buy oily and fried food, do not shop when you are hungry.
- Avoid overeating
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee or deep-fried pulses.
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables and vegetable curries with excess oil.
Q: Can the use of Glypten M Tablet lead to Vitamin B12 deficiency?
A: Yes, Glypten M Tablet can cause Vitamin B12 deficiency when it is being used for long-term. This medicine alters the absorption of Vitamin B12 in the stomach. Decreased absorption of vitamin B12 may result in Vitamin B12 deficiency, further resulting in anaemia and nerve problems. Decreased levels of vitamin B12 may cause tingling sensation and numbness in hands and feet, weakness, urinary problems and difficulty in maintaining balance (ataxia). It is advised to get your Vitamin B12 levels checked annually.
Last Updated on: 26 Mar 2021 | 09:20 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved