Glycomet Trio 2/0.3mg Tablet 10's
By USV PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Glycomet Trio Tablet is a combination of Metformin, Glimepiride and Voglibose. It is an oral anti-diabetic medicine. Glycomet Trio Tablet is used for type 2 diabetes mellitus, where blood sugar level rises above the normal range due to varied reasons. You should follow a healthy diet and exercise regularly along with this medicine. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor. Glycomet Trio should be taken with meals, usually with the first meal of the day. Do not stop taking this medicine, as it may result in a sudden change in blood sugar levels, further leading to other health consequences such as damage to the eye, kidney and legs. You should always be cautious while driving, as this medicine can lower your blood sugar levels and can cause hypoglycemia resulting in dizziness, giddiness and increased sweating. If you experience these side effects, have juice, chocolate or sugar candy immediately. If the episodes of low blood sugar level increase persistently, consult your doctor immediately.
Uses of Glycomet Trio 2/0.3mg Tablet 10'S
Glycomet Trio Tablet is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Contraindications of Glycomet Trio 2/0.3mg Tablet 10'S
- If you are allergic to Metformin, Glimepiride and Voglibose or any of the ingredients of Glycomet Trio Tablet.
- If you are a pregnant or breastfeeding woman.
- If you have any kind of kidney or liver problem.
- If you are suffering from acute metabolic acidosis (when the body produces an excess amount of organic acids lactic acidosis and symptoms are nausea, vomiting, generalized muscle weakness, and rapid breathing).read less
- If you have a history of any kind of heart condition like shock, heart failure etc due to insufficient oxygen supply.
- If you are an alcoholic.
- If you have a history of severe infection pre or post-surgery.
- If you have a gastrointestinal disorder.
Side effects of Glycomet Trio 2/0.3mg Tablet 10'S
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea,
- Lack of energy, sleepiness, restlessness
- Aggression, low mood
- Impaired alertness and reactions, confusion
- Speech disorders, visual disorders
- Breathing difficulty
- Metallic taste
- Heartburn, stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Glycomet Trio 2/0.3mg Tablet 10'S
Can I take Glycomet Trio Tablet during pregnancy?
You should not take Glycomet Trio Tablet during pregnancy. Your doctor may advise you to switch over to insulin or any other alternative medicine.
Can I take Glycomet Trio Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not safe to breastfeed during the treatment with Glycomet Trio Tablet. It can harm the newborn baby. The doctor may either switch over to insulin or may ask you to stop breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Glycomet Trio Tablet?
- You may experience hypo- or hyperglycemia ( decreased or increased blood sugar ), which may alter your mental alertness and visual disturbance.
- Keep a juice or chocolate in the car close to you when driving, in case you start feeling any of the symptoms of hypoglycemia like dizziness, irritability, hunger pangs, sweating, immediately have the juice or chocolate.read less
Can I consume alcohol with Glycomet Trio Tablet?
It is advisable not to consume alcohol during the treatment with Glycomet Trio Tablet. Alcohol alters the way this medicine works. Be cautious not to consume alcohol on an empty stomach. Alcohol increases the risk of low blood sugar. Excessive consumption of alcohol when taking this medicine can cause a serious complication known as ketoacidosis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have recently gone through a stressful situation.
- You have a history of diarrhoea.
- You are taking any antihypertensive medicines, painkillers or water pills because it can affect your kidney.
- You have a history of laparotomy (surgical incision into the abdominal cavity).
- You are suffering from severe intestinal diseases like Roemheld syndrome (epigastric pressure in the gastrointestinal tract), severe hernia, and stenosis (abnormal narrowing in a blood vessel) or ulcers in the intestine.read less
- You have a severe kidney or liver disorder.
Mode of Action of Glycomet Trio 2/0.3mg Tablet 10'S
How Does It Work?
Glycomet Trio acts by stimulating insulin secretion from the β-cells of the pancreas and increase the amount of insulin released by the pancreas. It also helps to restore the body's proper response to the insulin it produces naturally.
Directions for Use of Glycomet Trio 2/0.3mg Tablet 10'S
Glycomet Trio Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Glycomet Trio 2/0.3mg Tablet 10'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis like rifampicin.
- Medicines used to treat infections like fluconazole.
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other medicines for diabetes like insulin, pioglitazone, medicines for high blood pressure (ACE inhibitors like Captopril), steroids, chloramphenicol, fenfluramine, fenyramidol, medicine to lower blood cholesterol (fibrates), medicine to treat depression (fluoxetine), medicine to treat blood clotting like coumarins, cyclophosphamide, miconazole, probenecid, antibiotics like clarithromycin. doxycycline, ofloxacin etc.read less
- You may have symptoms of high blood sugar if you are taking oral contraceptives, acetazolamide, water pill, phenytoin, rifampicin, medicines for constipation, phenytoin, rifampicin and medicines for thyroid disorders.read less
- Medicines like anti-allergic (ranitidine), clonidine, reserpine and medicines used to treat high blood pressure like atenolol can alter the way this medicine works and sometimes may block your body's response to low blood sugar.read less
- Medicines like diclofenac, ibuprofen, water pill, enalapril, may affect your kidney functions if taken along with this medicine
- Glycomet Trio Tablet may alter the way anti-clot medicine works like phenprocoumon.
Storage and disposal of Glycomet Trio 2/0.3mg Tablet 10'S
- Store the medicine below 25°C.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pet.
Dosage of Glycomet Trio 2/0.3mg Tablet 10'S
- Overdose of Glycomet Trio Tablet may cause hypoglycaemia (excessively low blood sugar) and symptoms may include symptoms of low blood sugar like extreme weakness, confusion, tremors, fast heart rate, nausea, rapid breathing, and fits.read less
- You must immediately take sugar, if possible in the form of glucose.
- Seek emergency medical attention if you think you have used too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one. Taking double doses can be harmful as it can drop the glucose level drastically.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What diet should I follow being a diabetic patient?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed, or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very little use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glass of water daily.
Q: What should I avoid in my diet?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oil and fried food.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee, deep-fried pulses.
- Avoid creams soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
- Avoid Seetaphal, mango, jack fruit, fruit salads with ice cream, fruit-based desserts.
Q: When should I take Glycomet Trio Tablet?
A: Take Glycomet Trio Tablet as prescribed by your doctor for the prescribed duration. This medicine should be taken with food, as a whole with a glass of water. Do not skip the meals as well as medicine.
|You Save||₹24.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Glimepiride(2.0 Mg),Metformin(500.0 Mg),Voglibose(0.3 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 Diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Nausea, low blood sugar, vomiting, taste disturbance, stomach pain|
Last Updated on: 05 Apr 2021 | 10:35 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Upto Rs.300 Cashback on ICICI Debit & Credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved