Fungral 200 MG Description
Fungral Tablet is an anti-fungal medicine containing Ketoconazole as its active ingredient. It is used in treating serious fungal infections. Fungral should only be used when other medicines have not
been effective in treating the infection. Take Fungral Tablet as prescribed and for the duration, it is prescribed for by your doctor. Do not use it if you have fungal nail infections.
- Ketogime 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 130.00₹ 110.50₹ 11.05/Tablet
- Nizol 200mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 342.00₹ 136.80₹ 13.68/Tablet
- Ketofly 200mg TabletBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 170.00₹ 170.00₹ 17.0/Tablet
- Myket 200mg TabletBy Kivi Labs Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 146.00₹ 124.10₹ 12.41/Tablet
- Phytoral 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 430.00₹ 365.50₹ 36.55/Tablet
- Kenz 200mg TabletBy Klm Laboratories Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 210.00₹ 178.50₹ 17.85/Tablet
- Hyphoral TabletBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 349.70₹ 297.24₹ 29.72/Tablet
- Ketovate 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Bal Pharma Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 332.00₹ 282.20₹ 28.22/Tablet
- Fungicide 200mg TabletBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 468.00₹ 397.80₹ 39.78/Tablet
Uses of Fungral 200 MG
Contraindications of Fungral 200 MG
- If you are allergic to Ketoconazole or any other ingredients of Fungral Tablet.
- If you are allergic to any other similar medicines (an antifungal medicine).
- If you are suffering from any liver problems.
- If you are suffering from heart problems like irregular heartbeats and are on medications (like quinidine, pimozide, cisapride, etc) for the same.
- If you are taking medicines like simvastatin (used to lower blood cholesterol), ergotamine (used in migraine attacks), eplerenone (used in heart problems), midazolam (used in psychiatric illness).
- If you are pregnant, think you may be or are planning a pregnancy.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Fungral 200 MG
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Fungral 200 MG
- Fungral Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited safety data available.
- Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it.
- It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
- Fungral Tablet should not be taken while breastfeeding as Ketoconazole passes into breastmilk.
- It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
Other General Warnings
- You or any of your family member has any heart problems like abnormal heart rhythm, congenital long QT syndrome.
- You have any problems with your liver or kidney.
- You have a condition called adrenal insufficiency.
- You have a habit of regularly consuming alcohol.
- You suffer from an autoimmune disorder like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, etc.
- Fungral Tablet is not recommended for children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Fungral 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Fungral 200 MG
- Fungral Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It may be taken with your meal to avoid stomach discomfort.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
Interactions of Fungral 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Fungral Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Fungral Tablet should not be concomitantly used along with some medicines that lower your blood cholesterol (like simvastatin), some medicines that are used to treat your heart problems (like eplerenone, felodipine), medicines that are used to treat your mental health problems (like quetiapine, sertindole). ...
- Fungral Tablet should also not be used simultaneously along with medicines used for the allergies (like mizolastine), medicines used in migraine attacks (like ergometrine, ergotamine), medicines used in cancer (everolimus), medicines used to treat HIV infection (like saquinavir/ritonavir, saquinavir), medicines used in kidney problems (like colchicine, fesoterodine), medicines used in treating your infections (like clarithromycin)....
- Avoid taking antacids or other medicines to treat acid indigestion like aluminium hydroxide for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Keep a gap of at least 2 hours after taking antacids or other medicines to treat acid indigestion like aluminium hydroxide and this medicine.
- Concomitant use of anticoagulants like warfarin along with Fungral Tablet can increase the risk of bleeding. Thus, it should be cautiously used.
Storage and disposal of Fungral 200 MG
- Store Fungral Tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Fungral 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Fungral Tablet an antibiotic?
- Ketoconazole HRA 200mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Ketoconazole HRA 200mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- NIZORAL® Tablet [Internet]. Fda.gov. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]