Formin P 15mg Tab
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Formin P Tablet is an anti-diabetic medication that is taken orally to improve control of blood sugar levels in adults with Type 2 diabetes. It is a condition where your pancreas does not make enough insulin to control your blood sugar levels and your body is unable to efficiently use its own insulin. This causes high blood sugar levels in your body, which can cause medical problems like heart disease, kidney disease, blindness and poor blood flow in your hands and legs. Formin P Tablet is a combination of two active substances, pioglitazone and metformin that work to reduce blood sugar levels and control Type 2 diabetes. It is to be used only in adults older than 18 years. Take Formin P Tablet exactly as recommended by your doctor....
|You Save||₹6.64 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Pioglitazone(15.0 Mg),Metformin(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain, loss of appetite|
Check more medicines with composition as Pioglitazone(15.0 Mg) + Metformin(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Formin P 15mg Tab
Formin P Tablet is used for the treatment of Type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults aged 18 years and older.
Contraindications of Formin P 15mg Tab
- If you are allergic to metformin, pioglitazone, or any other ingredient of Formin P Tablet.
- If you have or had heart failure, kidney disease, or liver disease.
- If you have or had bladder cancer or visible blood in the urine.
- If you had a heart attack, shock, breathing problems, or any other disease which may reduce the amount of oxygen supplied to the body tissues.
- If you have very low blood sugar levels, diabetic ketoacidosis, or lactic acidosis.
- If you drink alcohol or alcohol-containing beverages excessively or regularly.
- If you have a severe infection or are dehydrated.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you are going to have a certain type of X-ray with an injectable dye.
Side effects of Formin P 15mg Tab
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Formin P 15mg Tab
Can I take Formin P Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Formin P Tablet in pregnant women. Thus, it is recommended not to use Formin P Tablet in pregnancy.
Can I take Formin P Tablet while breastfeeding?
Formin P Tablet may pass into human breast milk. This tablet should not be used in women who are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Formin P Tablet?
Formin P Tablet has almost no effect on driving ability. However, after taking this medicine, if you experience symptoms like vision disturbances which may affect your ability to drive properly, then it is suggested that you do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Formin P Tablet?
You should avoid the consumption of alcohol with Formin P Tablets as alcohol may cause an increased risk of lactic acidosis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are older than 75 years, have heart disease or experience symptoms like difficulty breathing, rapid increase in weight or swelling of the hands and feet.
- You have uncontrolled diabetes or a condition known as ketosis.
- You take medicines for high blood pressure, diuretics or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines.
- You are dehydrated or anaemic.
- You have a type of diabetic eye disease called macular oedema and you notice changes in your vision.
- You have liver disease or cysts in your ovary (polycystic ovary syndrome).
- You are scheduled to undergo surgery soon.
- You develop symptoms like vomiting, stomach pain, muscle cramps, breathing difficulty, tiredness after taking this medicine.
- You experience symptoms like weakness, dizziness, increased sweating, vision disturbances, difficulty concentrating after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Formin P 15mg Tab
How Does It Work?
- Formin P Tablet contains a combination of pioglitazone and metformin as its active substances.
- Pioglitazone allows the body to make better use of the insulin that it produces by making the fat, muscle and liver cells more sensitive to insulin.
- Metformin stops the production of glucose and also reduces its absorption in the body.
- As a result, the level of blood sugar is reduced which helps to control Type 2 diabetes.
Directions for Use of Formin P 15mg Tab
- Take Formin P as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Formin P 15mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Formin P Tablet works, or Formin P itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Formin P Tablet should not be used if undergoing X-ray with a certain type of injectable dye called iodinated contrast agents.
- Care should be taken if you are taking medicines to treat pain and fever (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines like ibuprofen, paracetamol), high blood pressure (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide, ramipril, losartan), heartburn (cimetidine), high cholesterol (gemfibrozil), immune system suppression (glucocorticoids), asthma (salmeterol, bambuterol)....
Storage and disposal of Formin P 15mg Tab
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Formin P 15mg Tab
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your blood sugar medicines as it may lead to high blood sugar and symptoms associated with it. However, if you missed any dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Type 2 diabetes mellitus?
A: Type 2 diabetes mellitus is a condition that can be hereditary or can develop as a result of your lifestyle. In this condition, the pancreas does not produce enough of a substance called insulin or your body is unable to use its own insulin effectively. Insulin works to lower the levels of blood sugar in the body. This inability of the body causes high blood sugar levels, which can lead to medical problems like heart diseases, kidney diseases, blindness, and decreased blood flow in your hands and legs.
Q: How should I take this Formin P Tablet?
A: You should take Formin P Tablet as a whole with sufficient water. Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor at the same time everyday. You should not take more than the prescribed dose.
Q: Can I stop taking Formin P Tablet when my blood sugar range goes back to normal?
A: Your doctor will recommend whether you can stop taking Formin P Tablet when your blood sugar level goes back to normal. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.