Fluwel Tablet Description
Fluwel Tablet is an antidepressant medication prescribed by a doctor. This combo of medicine soothes the brain by reducing nerve cell activity that is aberrant or excessive. It also improves mood by
increasing the levels of certain chemical messengers in the brain. It is possible to take Fluwel Tablet with or without food. However, it's recommended that you take it at the same time each day to provide a regular dose of medicine in your body. Because this medicine has the potential to create a habit, only take it in the dose and for the length of time prescribed by your doctor. If you forget to take the dose, take it as soon as possible. Complete the course of treatment even if you are feeling better. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, disorientation, and a lack of sexual drive are frequent side effects of this medication. It can also make you feel dizzy and sleepy. Depending on the individual, it might promote weight gain or loss. If you notice any unexpected changes in your mood, tell your doctor right away because they could lead to suicidal thoughts. When taking medicine, be cautious if you have liver disease. Any other medications you are taking should also be disclosed to your doctor, as some may affect the effectiveness or modify the way this medicine works. Inform your doctor if you're pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or breastfeeding.
|You Save||₹9.90 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Fluoxetine(20.0 Mg) + Alprazolam(0.25 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Confusion, Memory impairment, Drowsiness, Tiredness|
Uses of Fluwel Tablet
- As per CDSCO, it is used in the treatment of Depression
Contraindications of Fluwel Tablet
- A rise in intraocular fluid pressure has been reported with this medication. People with acute narrow-angle glaucoma are not advised to use it.
- If you're allergic to fluoxetine, don't take it. If you experience any of the following symptoms after taking this medicine: skin rash, swelling and/or itching (particularly in the face, lips, and throat), dizziness, breathing problems, and so on, seek medical help right once....
- You should use fluoxetine with caution because it can affect your blood sugar levels. As a result, keep a close eye on your blood sugar levels while taking this medication.
- Liver Disease
- If you have pre-existing liver problems, you should use fluoxetine with caution because it may cause an increase in the concentration of this medicine in your blood, increasing the risk of side effects. Depending on your medical condition, your doctor may advise you to change your dose....
Side effects of Fluwel Tablet
- Memory impairment
- Uncoordinated body movements
Precautions and Warnings of Fluwel Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You get suicidal thoughts
- You get abnormal bleeding
- You experience altered appetite and weight
- You experience withdrawal symptoms
- You suffer from hyponatremia (low blood sodium levels)
Mode of Action of Fluwel Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Fluwel Tablet
- Follow your doctor's directions for this medication's dosage and duration.
- Take the medicine at once.
- It must not be chewed, crushed, or broken in any way.
- Fluwel Tablet can be taken with or without meals.
- It's suggested to take it every day at the same time.
Interactions of Fluwel Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- When Taking Digoxin
- When Fluwel was given, increased digoxin concentrations were noted, notably in the elderly (>65 years of age). If you are receiving both fluwel and digoxin watch for signs and symptoms of digoxin toxicity (Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, Confusion. Irregular pulse)....
- Azole antifungal agents
- When using this medication, azole antifungal medicines like ketoconazole and itraconazole should be avoided due to the possibility of elevated medicine concentrations in the body, which can produce drowsiness and ECG abnormalities. Your doctor might prescribe some other medicine or alter the dosage regimen of Fluwel....
- If these medicines are taken together, you may suffer hypotensive symptoms such as dizziness and lightheadedness. Blood pressure should be checked on a regular basis.