Florac 250mg Injection
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Florac 250 MG Description
Florac Injection is an anticancer medicine containing Fluorouracil as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of cancer of the breast, bowel, stomach, oesophagus and pancreas. It may also
be used to treat certain other cancers. Florac Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse at the hospital setting or a clinic. Inform your doctor about all the known medical conditions, medical and medication history as well as all the medicines you are taking, including herbal supplements.
|You Save||₹1.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, infections|
Check more medicines with composition as Fluorouracil(250.0 Mg)
Uses of Florac 250 MG
- It is used for the treatment of cancer of the breast, bowel, stomach, oesophagus and pancreas. It may also be used to treat certain other cancers.
Contraindications of Florac 250 MG
If you are allergic to Fluorouracilor or any of the ingredients of Florac Injection. If you suffering from bone marrow depression. If you have any serious infection. If you are malnourished. If you are breastfeeding. If you are taking brivudine, sorivudine or their chemically similar medicines. Florac Injection should not be used for treatment of non-malignant cancer....
Side effects of Florac 250 MG
- Increased risk of infection
Precautions and Warnings of Florac 250 MG
Can I take Florac Injection during pregnancy?
Florac Injection should be avoided in pregnancy. During treatment with this injection and after 6 months and at least 6 months afterwards, women of childbearing potential are advised to use an effective method of contraception.
Can I take Florac Injection while breastfeeding?
Florac Injection should not be used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Florac Injection?
It is highly unlikely that Florac Injection will affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Florac Injection?
No known interactions with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your bone marrow is not producing blood cells normally
- You have kidney or liver problems
- You have suffered from angina (chest pain) or have a history of heart disease
- You had surgery within the last 30 days
- You are elderly
- You have a partial deficiency in the activity of the enzyme Dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPD)
Mode of Action of Florac 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Florac Injection kills or stops the growth of cancer cells and this will prevent the multiplication of cancer cells.
Directions for Use of Florac 250 MG
- Florac Injection will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Florac 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Florac Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Florac 250 MG
Do not store above 25°C. Do not refrigerate or freeze. Protect it from light. Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Florac 250 MG
- Your doctor or nurse will give Florac Injection. Therefore, it is less likely that you will receive more of this medicine. If you experience the symptoms right after taking the injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Florac Injection?
A: Florac Injection is used for the treatment of cancer of the breast, bowel, stomach, oesophagus and pancreas. It may also be used to treat certain other cancers.
Q: What is the composition of Florac Injection?
- Florac Injection is an anticancer medicine containing Fluorouracil as its active ingredient.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed