Etimark 0.5mg Tablet
Etimark 0.5 MG Description
Etimark 0.5mg Tablet is used to manage short-term anxiety and insomnia. It contains etizolam that belongs to the class of medicines known as benzodiazepines(tranquillisers). Etizolam works by increas
ing the action of a chemical messenger (GABA) in the brain. This medicine suppresses the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells. Side effects of Etimark 0.5mg tablets include sleepiness, drowsiness, headache, irregular heartbeat, dry mouth, constipation, nausea, weight gain, slurred or slow speaking, and congested nose. Follow the instructions as advised by your doctor while taking this medicine. Do not abruptly discontinue the medicine.
|You Save||₹8.09 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||short term anxiety, insomnia|
|Side effects||Altered libido, Confusion, Depression, Drowsiness, Fainting, Headache, Muscle coordination impaired, Muscle weakness, Sedation, Slurred speech, Tremor, Visual impairment|
Uses of Etimark 0.5 MG
- As per CDSCO, the medicine, Etimark 0.5mg Tablet has its usage in:
- Treatment of short-term anxiety
- Treatment of insomnia
Contraindications of Etimark 0.5 MG
Side effects of Etimark 0.5 MG
- Altered libido
- Muscle coordination impaired
- Muscle weakness
- Slurred speech
- Visual impairment
Precautions and Warnings of Etimark 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are below 18 years of age.
- You have pulmonary insufficiency or difficulty in breathing.
- You have a history of drinking alcohol.
- You have a history of drug abuse.
- You have suicidal thoughts or suicidal behaviour after taking Etimark 0.5mg tablets
- You have drowsiness, confusion, impairment of thoughts, and perception.
- You have myasthenia gravis.
- You have high or low blood pressure issues.
- You are above 60 years of age and are bedridden.
Mode of Action of Etimark 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Etimark 0.5 MG
- Take Etimark 0.5mg Tablet orally or as directed by your physician.
- Swallow the tablet whole without chewing or crushing it.
- Take Etimark 0.5mg with or without meals.
Interactions of Etimark 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Antidepressants - phenelzine, iproniazid, and tranylcypromine
- Medicines used to for Parkinson's disease - selegiline
- Antiplatelet drugs - clopidogrel
- NSAIDs - ibuprofen
- Blood thinners - warfarin
Interactions with food items
- Avoid drinking grape juice while taking this medicine.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking an Etimark 0.5mg tablet.
Storage and disposal of Etimark 0.5 MG
Dosage of Etimark 0.5 MG
- Symptoms of overdose due to Etimark 0.5mg may include drowsiness, confusion, problems with coordination, and loss of consciousness. In case of an overdose or a suspected overdose, seek medical help immediately....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: If I start taking an Etimark 0.5mg tablet for depression, will I have to take it for my entire life?
Q: How does Etimark 0.5mg Tablet differ from other benzodiazepines?
- Etimark 0.5mg Tablet has fewer sedative effects, lower dependency, and lesser tolerance than other benzodiazepines. However, long-term use may reduce the effectiveness of the medicine and cause dependency and addiction....
- Recovery Centers of America. 2022. Etizolam Use, Addiction & Recovery - Questions and Answers. [online] Available at: <https://recoverycentersofamerica.com/substance-guide/etizolam/#:~:text=Etizolam%20is%20a%20benzodiazepine%20analogue,related%20to%20the%20benzodiazepine%20triazolam> [Accessed 22 January 2022].
- Nhsinform.scot. 2022. Benzodiazepines (benzos, diazepam, valium). [online] Available at: <https://www.nhsinform.scot/healthy-living/drugs-and-drug-use/common-drugs/benzodiazepines-benzos-diazepam-valium> [Accessed 22 January 2022].