Esoga Rd Capsule
Esoga Rd Capsule Description
Esoga Rd Capsule contains combination of Rabeprazole and Domperidone, an anti-reflux medicine. It is used to treat Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) also known as acid reflux condition. The aci
from the stomach moves back up to the food pipe along with contents of the stomach characterized by heartburn, chest pain, burning, pain and regurgitation of food or sour liquid due to irritation of the stomach. This medicine lowers the acid secretion in the stomach and prevents the outflow of contents of the stomach to the food pipe. Esoga Rd Capsule should be taken at least 30min before meals for the best result. Avoid spicy and oily food while on this medicine.
- Rabephar Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Threpsi Solutions Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 179.00₹ 107.4023% CHEAPER₹ 10.74/Capsule
- Pharabe 20/30mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Threpsi Solutions Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 113.00₹ 96.0531% CHEAPER₹ 9.61/Capsule
- Rabesec Dsr CapsuleBy Cipla Gx10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 146.41₹ 102.4927% CHEAPER₹ 10.25/Capsule
- Rebozen Dsr CapsuleBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 90.00₹ 63.0055% CHEAPER₹ 6.3/Capsule
- Rabiwok Dsr CapsuleBy Wockhardt Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 133.17₹ 93.2233% CHEAPER₹ 9.32/Capsule
- R Zole Dsr Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Bios Lab10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 116.45₹ 98.9829% CHEAPER₹ 9.9/Capsule
- Ec Rab Dsr Capsule 10'sBy Icon Lifesciences10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 111.00₹ 77.7044% CHEAPER₹ 7.77/Capsule
- Rablet D Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Lupin15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 274.50₹ 233.32₹ 15.55/Capsule
- Razo D Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 298.50₹ 253.72₹ 16.91/Capsule
- Rabonik Dsr 20mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 199.11₹ 169.2419% CHEAPER₹ 11.28/Capsule
Uses of Esoga Rd Capsule
Contraindications of Esoga Rd Capsule
- If you are allergic to Rabeprazole, Domperidone or any of the ingredient of Esoga Rd Capsule.
- If you are taking any medicine which might affect the contraction of the heart muscle (QT prolongation).
- If you are suffering from bleeding in the digestive system.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder.
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte imbalance.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Esoga Rd Capsule
- Lack of energy
- Skin rash
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Back pain
- Throat infection (Pharyngitis)
- Breast pain and loss of sex drive
Precautions and Warnings of Esoga Rd Capsule
- The components of Esoga Rd Capsule might harm your unborn baby. Do not use this medicine during pregnancy, unless prescribed by your doctor after assessing the need and safety.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
- Esoga Rd Capsule passes into breast milk in small amounts and might affect your baby.
- Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding. After assessing the necessity and safety, your doctor might either change the medicine or ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby.
Other General Warnings
- You develop watery diarrhoea, fever after taking this medicine
- You experience black stools
- You have a stomach tumour
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure
- You have heart problems and associated symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing, unconsciousness
- You are on this medicine for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same
- You develop skin lesions especially in the sun-exposed area after taking this medicine
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV
- You have low levels of vitamin B12. This medicine is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long term use. Supplements may be needed
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures
- Esoga Rd Capsule should not be used in children below 12 years of age
Mode of Action of Esoga Rd Capsule
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Rabeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Esoga Rd Capsule
Interactions of Esoga Rd Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other drugs. However, as this medicine contains Omeprazole and Domperidone, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Rilpivirine should never be used with this medicine.
- Never take these medicines along with it: Disopyramide, Amiodarone, medicines for mental problems haloperidol, Citalopram, antibiotics like Erythromycin, Levofloxacin, Azithromycin, antifungals like Pentamidine, Ketoconazole and other medicines like Cisapride, Dolasetron, Mequitazine etc....
- This medicine interferes with the action of antiviral medicines like Rilpivirine, Atazanavir and Nelfinavir and antifungals like Posaconazole, Ketoconazole and Itraconazole.
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine.
- Medicines used for mental disorders like Diazepam, Phenytoin.
- If you are taking Warfarin, caution is needed as there are chances of increased bleeding.
Interactions with food items
- Esoga Rd Capsule should preferably be taken on an empty stomach
- There are no known interactions with food or beverages
- However, nicotine and caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) can increase stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process
Storage and disposal of Esoga Rd Capsule
- Store below 25°C, protected from moisture and light
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children
Dosage of Esoga Rd Capsule
- Symptoms of overdose of Esoga Rd Capsule include confusion, anxiety, fits, altered consciousness, sleepiness, etc.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of the medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am suffering from a liver problem. Is Esoga Rd Capsule safe for me?
Q: I get acidity quite often, what should I do to avoid it?
- Avoid spicy and oily food.
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake as these are known to worsen the reflux.
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks and soda as the carbon dioxide gas in these is known to worsen acid reflux.
- Reduce chocolate, mint intake.
- Some medicines are known to increase acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers like Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for a long duration.